Author Topic: Alt-Right  (Read 19120 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Alt-Right
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2017, 04:40:56 am »
Still a physical assault unless the reporter faked it. (Seeing other news sources have reported seeing the incident I find that unlikely.)

1. Can't pull off a proper bodyslam (or a chokeslam for that matter) without the participation of the "victim"

Uhh... How d'you figure?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2017, 05:31:25 am »
Still a physical assault unless the reporter faked it. (Seeing other news sources have reported seeing the incident I find that unlikely.)

1. Can't pull off a proper bodyslam (or a chokeslam for that matter) without the participation of the "victim"

Uhh... How d'you figure?

The keyword here is "proper". He is technically right if he means the wrestling move where the victim throws themselves to the ground as dramatically as possible. In this case, it means grabbing someone by the neck and pushing them to the ground but that doesn't suit his narrative of the liberal media exaggerating an innocent right wing nutjob's violent outburst.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2017, 09:45:26 am »

Uhh... How d'you figure?

The keyword here is "proper". He is technically right if he means the wrestling move where the victim throws themselves to the ground as dramatically as possible. In this case, it means grabbing someone by the neck and pushing them to the ground but that doesn't suit his narrative of the liberal media exaggerating an innocent right wing nutjob's violent outburst.

Your description bears little relation to a chokeslam.

Just as "pushing someone over" would bear little relation to a bodyslam.

So, naturally, as you don't feel this is hilariously exaggerated by the media (I mean you've even picked up and run with "bodyslam" as their chosen soundbite), you can show me some footage of this poor little reporter getting hoisted off his feet and upended onto the ebul representative's shoulder then unceremoniously dumped onto the floor.  As reporters aren't generally trained in the art of taking a flat-back bump it should be quite painful watching.

We live in hope...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:47:14 am by TheContrarian »

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2017, 10:55:00 am »
Nice attempt at distracting from the fact that the witnesses also say that the representative went on to punch the reporter several times when he was on the ground which gives some context about how violent the initial contact probably was no matter what you want to call it. What seems to matter more to you is that the witnesses might have used slightly inaccurate language to describe his actions.

I'll stop feeding the troll now. It gets boring fast.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2017, 12:07:19 pm »
Nice attempt at distracting from the fact that the witnesses also say that the representative went on to punch the reporter several times when he was on the ground which gives some context about how violent the initial contact probably was no matter what you want to call it. What seems to matter more to you is that the witnesses might have used slightly inaccurate language to describe his actions.

I'll stop feeding the troll now. It gets boring fast.

"How can you say that the media is exaggerating, they're simply using 'inaccurate language' to lead people to an inaccurate conclusion!"

Sophistry at its' finest :)

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2017, 12:27:45 pm »
Don't bother. I made my previous post only to point out your little distraction to others who might want to swallow your bait to toy with you.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2017, 12:20:04 pm »
You think the reporter and the congressmen were in cahoots to prank Fox News?

Well, American Politics has looked like it's been transforming into the WWE the past couple of years...

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2017, 02:01:20 am »
Guess who made a new subreddit even though they have been banned before? Yup, the good ol' Alt-Right.

Linking it now though I doubt it won't take a long time for them to get banned again: https://www.reddit.com/r/altrightsub/

And obviously they haven't changed a bit and threads are all about complaining about (((Jews))) and other groups they hate, death threats, brigading, suicide prompts and thinly veiled or not at all veiled support for genocide.

Ok, there is one thing that is new. Now they like Israel for having tough laws on immigrants and refugees ...but at the same time they mock Jews and "global Jewish media" so the end result is really schizophrenic.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2017, 02:14:27 am »
There's two versions of the Alt-Right: the one that thinks they should hate everyone except Jews, because Israel, and the other that also hates Jews (but maybe still likes Israel).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2017, 12:53:44 pm »
Just bringing this up to point out that the "Unite the right" rally managed to do the opposite and Alt-Right and the other extreme-right groups are now eating each other.

Charlottesville was (for a few minutes) the highlight of Alt-Right. For a single moment they united most of the overly or secretly racist right-wing groups in USA and even after the terrorist attack one of their own did the POTUS didn't condemn them.

...But bragging about the terrorist attack caused the loss of a few websites, subreddits and political support. And after the organizer of the event insulted the dead counterprotester even Richard Spencer and other Alt-Right bigwigs denounced him (Realizing his mistake he first claimed that he had been hacked, conspiracy theorists immediately blamed some third Alt-Right loudmouth causing yet more rivalry between fan-groups. Then the organizer admitted that he made the tweet but said that he had been on drugs at the time. http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-charlottesville-organizer-20170818-story.html ) and causing more splits in the groups despite his hard work in bringing KKK, Nazis and Nazis Alt-Right together. Impressive self destruct that was.

Meanwhile most of GOP has either been publicly outraged at Trump's gaffes or trying to find some sort of way to balance, not appearing Pro-Nazi or anti-Nazi at the same time.

Oh, and Bannon left the White house. As a result The_Donald vs Breitbart split is happening despite Bannon trying to claim that he resigned willingly and is still on Trump's side. ...Instead we have Breitbart fans complaining about the "last honest man" being kicked out of WH and how they must go to war agaisnt Jared and Ivanka (who are EEEVIL Democrats.) and T_D is banning everyone who links Breitbart to their safe space because Trump can't have made any mistakes so Bannon must be an "unperson" now.

They bragged about 8 years of Trump presidency but unless they manage to stop this... clusterfuck of petty rivalries rather than losing 2020 they won't even hold majority after 2018. Seeing how Trump and GOP can't win votes despite it literally being possible only if they themselves vote against their own plans I can only imagine how things will turn out if the Democrats hold the majority.

(I imagine that the incompetent and two-faced Democrats will have at least 10 of theirs vote in support of GOP because we are living in a nightmare and bad guys win. And now I'm sad.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2017, 11:18:47 am »
http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-poland-spencer-ban-20171122-story.html

Poland knows what to do with Nazis if they try to enter their country to stir up some trouble.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2018, 06:46:36 am »
It's been a while since this thread saw action but I just had to share this: http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/03/27/alt-right-erupts-after-crying-nazi-christopher-cantwell-admits-hes-a-federal-informant/

The famous "crying Nazi" already got his nickname when it turned out that he's not as much of a tough guy as he thought. Now it turns out that he ratted out his friends to stay out of jail. Granted that he claims that he is only providing evidence of how ANTIFA was behind everything, but even the other Nazis aren't buying that.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2018, 05:00:31 pm »
Wow so he's a dead man soon.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2018, 05:21:53 pm »
I love how he insists he's squealing to...make the world a better place for the kamerads he's ratting on.

“There is ample evidence that the reds started and perpetuated the violence of Charlottesville,” Cantwell insists,

lied in court to frame me, and had the cooperation of local authorities in this criminal behavior. The feds are our only hope for lawful remedy, and I intend to cooperate fully with any effort to bring these criminals to justice.

"I'm dobbing on my mates for the greater good guize, the greater good!!!"

We are not criminals. If the FBI searched every electronic device I have ever owned and pumped me full of top secret truth drugs and extracted every letter of knowledge I had about the Alt Right, I literally couldn’t give them a single fucking criminal. …

Fella, if Top Secret Truth Drugs existed and came into contact with your bloodstream they'd explode!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2018, 02:54:59 am »
"The Reds"

Just fucking "the reds"

I don't think I've ever heard that word used outside of like old cold war media or in that Hong Kong 97 game.