Author Topic: Gunman Fires at Congressional Baseball Practice  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Gunman Fires at Congressional Baseball Practice
« on: June 14, 2017, 02:50:50 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/multiple-people-injured-after-shooting-in-alexandria/2017/06/14/0289c768-50f6-11e7-be25-3a519335381c_story.html

I wish I could say I was surprised, but with how divisive politics have gotten recently, something like this was probably inevitable.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Gunman Fires at Congressional Baseball Practice
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 04:09:47 pm »
I posted some stuff about the attack over in the Trump goes to Washington thread, but here I'll say this:

The way to get someone out of Congress is to defeat them at the ballot box after a campaign in which you proved to the electorate that your policies and ideas are superior to your opponent's policies and ideas. Attempting to remove them from Congress through violence is completely unacceptable.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:45:12 pm »
I dislike the republicans because of the stuff they believe in, but I would never wish death upon them in anyway. The man that did this was unhinged and psychotic like Jared Lee Loughner or Timothy Mcveigh.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 05:37:36 pm »
As much as I've said shit about the GOP being the first ones against the wall during the revolution, this is not the revolution.  This is just disgusting.

Ironbite-and the man was apparently a Bernie Sanders supporter.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:49:22 pm »
As much as I've said shit about the GOP being the first ones against the wall during the revolution, this is not the revolution.  This is just disgusting.

Ironbite-and the man was apparently a Bernie Sanders supporter.

There are deranged individuals of every political stripe.

From what I've heard, he was also a domestic abuser, you know, the sort of person that any country with semi-sane gun laws wouldn't get within a hundred feet of a gun.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 05:50:10 pm »
This kind of violence is unforgivable and should not be tolerated, obviously. To suggest otherwise would be stupid and evil.

Still, a certain dark part of my mind is glad to finally see Republicans being the ones shot at for once...
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 06:24:56 pm »
Good News, this mass shooting will not result in Trump taking away your guns.  Donald Trump jr is already leading the charge against the one who was really the cause of the shooting:  William Shakespeare.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politics/donald-trump-jr-caesar-tweet/index.html

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 07:17:40 am »
It's a shame when someone of your own political stripe turns out to be a complete cockhole but that's an excellent reason why political values shouldn't be the sole criteria on which people are judged.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 07:40:02 am »
I thought that was what genital size was for...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 04:17:53 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/congressional-baseball-1.4163006

The Dems thumped the Republicans 11-2 in the game, but the Roll Call Trophy will likely live in Rep. Scalise's office until he returns to the floor.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 04:51:37 am »
Good News, this mass shooting will not result in Trump taking away your guns.  Donald Trump jr is already leading the charge against the one who was really the cause of the shooting:  William Shakespeare.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politics/donald-trump-jr-caesar-tweet/index.html

Inb4 dumbshits start to claim Shakespeare wrote hidden messages in his play to incite a satanic, godless commie revolution.
...Actually there's probably a video hidden in the bowels of youtube about that by this point already.