Author Topic: North Korean Missile Over Japan  (Read 1164 times)

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
North Korean Missile Over Japan
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:55:31 pm »
So I got a lovely wake up call this morning to the message "ミサイル発射," or "missile launch."

Sure enough, North Korea launched a missile over Hokkaido, Japan's northernmost island. Aside from waking me an hour before my alarm, this one sent some shivers. I think it's perfectly reasonable to say that NK is led by a madman, and that he would be willing to trigger a war with no provocation.

I'm not in a happy place at the moment...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: North Korean Missile Over Japan
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:01:30 pm »
KJU is crazy, but he's not quite suicidal, I think. The one thing the Kim dynasty cares more about than most anything else is staying in power in NK. They could make any invasion by South Korea, Japan, the US, et cetera a pyrrhic victory, but they can't win.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:46:16 pm »
They're really trying to push buttons to get the US or Japan or SK to attack first. If the US instigated war upon them then Russia and China will come to their aid. If they attacked first they would be destroyed.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 06:29:27 am »
Some reports say that this might have been a celebration for the birth of the third child for Kim.

Then again, it was probably a sum of several reasons that led to this and seeing as China is suddenly interested in getting a diplomatic solution they got scared as well. They might tolerate NK and their antics but they are fully aware that a war starting next door to them will cause problems even if they don't personally touch that mess.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 07:54:46 am »
Not crazy, just ruthless. The message was for Trump and his fanboys calling for regime change. The danger is that a rational leader who knew what they were doing would back off, but instead we have Trump!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 03:29:33 pm »
Lets be fair here.  Every US President has called for a regime change in North Korea.  When any of them even think of that piss hole of a country that is.  Trump's the only one who's been fixated on it because he's such a piss baby.

Ironbite-gotta show up everyone.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 05:09:14 pm »
At this point, I think KJU would rather stay in power than go out in a blaze of glory. He knows that if he attacks, he's toast. He can do a lot of damage, but he's still toast. Same if he manages to incite an attack by SK or Japan or the US. Pyrrhic victory--I don't think China or Russia would get involved on his side, for economic reasons if nothing else--but he's still toast.

He can't win, but he can make winning too painful for his enemies to contemplate attempting it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.