Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1599182 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #735 on: April 16, 2012, 09:20:23 pm »
I thought "Judeo-Christian" was just a catch-all term meaning things pertaining to both Jews and Christians.  At least, when I use it, that's what I mean.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #736 on: April 16, 2012, 09:21:40 pm »
* There are Jews.  There are Christians.  But there is not, and never has been, any such fucking thing as a "Judeo-Christian" and the word itself just makes me sick.

They're pretty much trying to defend the Abrahamic religions while not being hypocritical when they say, "fuck them-thar towel headed sand niggers, nuke 'em all" (I hear this shit every fucking day) in reference to Muslims. They're still hypocritical fuckwits even if most are to stupid to know it, what with all the "Allah is a moon god" shit. They don't even recognize that it's the same as they're god, which like almost everything else is probably stolen from someone else.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #737 on: April 16, 2012, 09:25:55 pm »
* There are Jews.  There are Christians.  But there is not, and never has been, any such fucking thing as a "Judeo-Christian" and the word itself just makes me sick.

They're pretty much trying to defend the Abrahamic religions while not being hypocritical when they say, "fuck them-thar towel headed sand niggers, nuke 'em all" (I hear this shit every fucking day) in reference to Muslims. They're still hypocritical fuckwits even if most are to stupid to know it, what with all the "Allah is a moon god" shit. They don't even recognize that it's the same as they're god, which like almost everything else is probably stolen from someone else.
To be fair these people are too dumb to know that Arabic speakers call god allah even Christians and they are even less likely to know that many live happy lives

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #738 on: April 16, 2012, 09:32:07 pm »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #739 on: April 16, 2012, 09:45:01 pm »

I gotta say that having a TV channel or book section at Walmart dedicated to people with a certain melanin content in there skin isn't going to help racism go away. How about no one gets a (insert ethnicity) Entertainment Television. From what I've watched of it BET seems to promote stereotypes anyway.

As I have to say every time race comes up, I'm not trying to come off as racist so please don't take it that way. For me equality means everyone is equal, which isn't what is happening now with regard to race and gender. The term "race" seems to imply a different species to me, so why it's still used is a mystery to me. We don't call a spotted dog and a one with a single color different races do we?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #740 on: April 16, 2012, 09:48:08 pm »
It's an antiquated term that, sadly, isn't going to go away any time soon.

The problem with what you suggest, though, is that it promotes race blindness... which is still very racist and white-leaning.  The fact of the matter is, white people have 10 months out of the year, 95% of all books, and 99% of all video games dedicated to them.  The reason this never gets played up is because it's taken for granted.

And that is precisely WHY there are books and tv channels devoted to black people.  And gay people.  And what have you.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #741 on: April 16, 2012, 10:17:49 pm »
Let's not forget that there is a white entertainment channel.

It's called Fox News.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #742 on: April 16, 2012, 10:20:19 pm »
True, but I don't think they should make their race or sexuality a major part of the story, unless it is specifically about civil rights. Stereotypes shouldn't be present. Plus it's not like people who aren't a part of the minority will enjoy it any less  :-\.

Let's not forget that there is a white entertainment channel.

It's called Fox News.

Well, I'm sure everyone finds Fox entertaining, whether intended or not.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:23:33 pm by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #743 on: April 16, 2012, 10:30:41 pm »
It's an antiquated term that, sadly, isn't going to go away any time soon.

The problem with what you suggest, though, is that it promotes race blindness... which is still very racist and white-leaning.  The fact of the matter is, white people have 10 months out of the year, 95% of all books, and 99% of all video games dedicated to them.  The reason this never gets played up is because it's taken for granted.

And that is precisely WHY there are books and tv channels devoted to black people.  And gay people.  And what have you.

With regards to games, that's why I like games like Halo were the character is faceless, or games were you create your own character. I almost always play as a character that is "faceless", like wear a gasmask (I <3 gasmasks) or such. Anything else breaks the immersion for me. The biggest thing that drove me crazy About Saints Row 3 as opposed to 2 is that the decreased the customization and there aren't any pieces of clothing in the game that cover your face until near the end.

Hopefully within the next couple decades the US will move forward enough that it will be everyone's time all the time. Anything else just drives me insane.

True, but I don't think they should make their race or sexuality a major part of the story, unless it is specifically about civil rights. Stereotypes shouldn't be present. Plus it's not like people who aren't a part of the minority will enjoy it any less  :-\.

Exactly, it shouldn't matter any more than thee characters hair color. I read an Alex Cross book a while back and didn't even realize until the third chapter or later that Alex was black. I didn't care and it didn't matter.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #744 on: April 17, 2012, 12:34:17 am »
Mainstream culture is white. Black people have their own culture, born of being treated differently. So there are things for that culture to live in, like Black History Month and so on.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #745 on: April 17, 2012, 12:46:23 am »
I thought we were a melting pot, having other cultures and races assimilate into the collective.

Resistance is futile.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2012, 01:04:56 am »
I thought we were a melting pot, having other cultures and races assimilate into the collective.

Resistance is futile.

America used to try to be that. We don't really bother anymore, at least around here. Blatant racism against everyone that isn't white or black(meaning Hispanics, Arabs, etc.) flys.

A great melting pot of acceptance, dreams, and awesome sounds like something else to me. Welcome to the herd.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #747 on: April 17, 2012, 01:13:53 am »

And that reminds me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAh9pjvqH0o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAh9pjvqH0o</a>

Although I think we should focus more on what brings us together instead of what makes us unique.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #748 on: April 17, 2012, 02:53:21 am »
Not cartoons - but close...

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #749 on: April 17, 2012, 08:58:51 pm »