Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1598921 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1230 on: July 17, 2012, 07:22:37 pm »
Shouldn't it say liberals instead of conservatives?

I'm basing it on his current opinions. I half-assed the the caption anyway.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1231 on: July 17, 2012, 11:25:13 pm »

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #1232 on: July 18, 2012, 01:07:52 pm »

Pretty much how I feel we're expected to act. You build your money on the work of others, but I forget, you deserve more tax breaks.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #1233 on: July 18, 2012, 01:11:27 pm »

Interesting that this would get posted. Not too long ago my dad and I were in the car and I mentioned that it seemed to me like every time I hear a Republican mention "job creators" they would seem to say it with a feeling of reverence and awe.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1234 on: July 18, 2012, 11:03:17 pm »

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #1235 on: July 19, 2012, 12:47:08 am »
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #1236 on: July 19, 2012, 09:29:58 am »

*facepalm* Stossel "exposed" the professional "beggar" racket, didn't he.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1237 on: July 19, 2012, 03:39:35 pm »

*facepalm* Stossel "exposed" the professional "beggar" racket, didn't he.

He did something in 2005 about panhandling and how they live like kings making six figures or whatever, but I don't think he was the first. This is also the guy that got slapped in the face by a professional wrestler, sued the wrestling company for half a million dollars, won, and then and cries about "frivolous lawsuits, tort reform, and non-economic damage caps."

Yeah, he got his, screw everyone else.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1238 on: July 19, 2012, 05:05:52 pm »
This is also the guy that got slapped in the face by a professional wrestler, sued the wrestling company for half a million dollars, won, and then and cries about "frivolous lawsuits, tort reform, and non-economic damage caps."

Yeah, he got his, screw everyone else.

I looked it up on Wikipedia, because I was all "dafuq?". That happened in 1984, and he purportedly regrets the lawsuit now. I don't think it's quite fair to take someone to task for changing their opinion in the course of a decade or two. Besides, that lawsuit was hardly frivolous. Those were the days where wrestlers were (supposedly) under orders to physically assault anyone who said that wrestling was less than 100% real. Any company whose policy involves physical assault deserves to be sued.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1239 on: July 19, 2012, 05:20:15 pm »
I looked it up on Wikipedia, because I was all "dafuq?". That happened in 1984, and he purportedly regrets the lawsuit now. I don't think it's quite fair to take someone to task for changing their opinion in the course of a decade or two. Besides, that lawsuit was hardly frivolous. Those were the days where wrestlers were (supposedly) under orders to physically assault anyone who said that wrestling was less than 100% real. Any company whose policy involves physical assault deserves to be sued.

Two slaps to the face, just under half a million dollars. Hardly gives the guy the principles or legitimacy to tout things like tort reform when he made more money through the courts via those two slaps than most of this board would make in a decade. Besides, I brought it up mainly because it makes me laugh whenever I see him and think "this smug jerk got half a million dollars worth of butthurt out of being slapped in the face"

ETA: I also think its hypocritical that he didn't "regret" the suit so much as to give the money back, or even donate/forward it to a good cause. Just makes me think, again, that he got his so screw everyone else.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:26:08 pm by QueenofHearts »

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1240 on: July 19, 2012, 08:37:45 pm »

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1241 on: July 20, 2012, 10:17:48 am »

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1242 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:48 am »
Even if there was a detailed plan on how to fix it, republicans won't accept it, shit they go apeshit over ideas that were theirs from the get go.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #1243 on: July 20, 2012, 10:41:07 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1244 on: July 20, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »

GITCHER HANDS OFF UV MAH GUNS YEW FREADUM HAYTING COMMIE!!!
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.