Author Topic: Golden Dawn leadership arrested  (Read 3749 times)

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Golden Dawn leadership arrested
« on: September 28, 2013, 12:07:09 pm »
The police claims to be able to link the recent murder of an anti-racism rapper and activist to the party leadership. The leader and several more high-ranking members, including 3 MPs, have been arrested.

Chrysi Avgi supporters are rallying in front of the Athens Police Department.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/28/us-greece-goldendawn-idUSBRE98R02Q20130928
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24314319
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Golden Dawn leadership arrested
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 12:26:45 pm »
This is such good news on the tail of the tragic news of the rapper's murder. It's as if they don't want to see early 20th century European history repeated. (see how I elided that?)
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

wrightway

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 05:00:26 pm »
Yahoo news says they're up to 15 arrests with 12 more warrants issued. Some of the arrested/warrants have been cops. Yeesh, at least they're taking care of this mess.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 07:23:43 pm »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 08:07:54 pm »
this pleases me.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 11:19:51 am »

Offline Knight of Liberty

• Neonate
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 07:44:23 pm »
I'm actually not so sure that this is a good thing.  Without hard evidence that the higher-ups explicitly ordered Killah P rubbed out, I don't think that there are grounds for arrest here (except for the scumbag who actually committed the murder, of course).  Also, Golden Dawn have high support amongst Greece's police and military, so an unfavorable verdict for the arrested could lead to extremely bad things in Greece's future.  In summary, I hope that Golden Dawn's leaders beat the rap, then get run over by a double-decker bus.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 07:52:25 pm »
I don't.  If there is evidence that this organization's leaders are corrupt and conspired to commit murder, throw the book at 'em.

Ironbite-don't just want them to beat a legit charge because you think the police and military will back them.

• Neonate
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 08:10:57 pm »
I don't.  If there is evidence that this organization's leaders are corrupt and conspired to commit murder, throw the book at 'em.

Ironbite-don't just want them to beat a legit charge because you think the police and military will back them.

Was there any evidence of that prior to the arrests?  To the best of my knowledge, Killah P's murderer did indeed, by all accounts, act independently of any instructions from Golden Dawn's leadership.  I'm sure there were a lot of dry eyes at Golden Dawn's headquarters where Killah P's passing was concerned, but that certainly shouldn't be a crime.  By all means, throw the book at Golden Dawn's leadership if there is proof of conspiracy, but if not, do the right thing and release them.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 08:23:56 pm »
So...are you a member of the Greek police?  Do you have all the evidence in front of you?  Are you aware of everything that the prosecutors have on these guys?  Are you totally aware that a top aide turned himself in?

ATHENS, Greece — A Greek lawmaker sought by police surrendered on Sunday, bringing to six the number of legislators from the extreme-right Golden Dawn party now in custody and facing criminal charges.

Christos Pappas – a lawmaker described by prosecutors as the Golden Dawn's No. 2 official – was formally charged with membership in a criminal organization with intent to commit crimes, like his five fellow legislators, including Golden Dawn leader Nikos Michaloliakos.

Besides the six lawmakers, another 14 Golden Dawn members and two police officers have been arrested and charged with the same crimes. Another 10 suspects, for whom arrest warrants were issued Saturday, are still at large, officials said.

The government crackdown on the fiercely anti-immigrant party marks the first time since 1974 that sitting members of a Greek Parliament have been arrested. The arrests underline the government's efforts to stifle Golden Dawn, which has been increasingly on the defensive since the Sept. 17 fatal stabbing of a Greek man blamed on a Golden Dawn supporter.

As he turned himself in at police headquarters in Athens, Pappas condemned the crackdown on his party and the painful austerity measures that have been imposed during the bailout of Greece's battered economy.

Honestly it seems you believe, like the rest of these morons, this is a politically minded crackdown.  I don't.  I believe that police have evidence linking these gentlemen to this crime and are moving accordingly.

Ironbite-and I'd rather the courts prove me wrong then some 15 post nobody on a tiny message board on the internet.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 08:28:22 pm »
Not that post count matters much...

though I'm inclined to agree with Ironbite purely based on the content of those 15 posts.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 08:32:16 pm »

though I'm inclined to agree with Ironbite purely based on the content of those 15 posts.

With all due respect, what about the content of my posts led you to your conclusion?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 08:45:35 pm »

With all due respect, what about the content of my posts led you to your conclusion?

I plead the fifth
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 10:42:20 pm »

I plead the fifth

Of finnnnnne bourbon.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 07:14:24 pm »

I plead the fifth

Of finnnnnne bourbon.

Pass that over here, Ravy.  I need to re-stock and I'm taking suggestions...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."