Author Topic: Michele Bachmann drops out  (Read 11991 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Michele Bachmann drops out
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:33:29 pm »
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa -- In the wake of a disappointing finish in Tuesday's Iowa caucuses, Rep. Michele Bachmann announced Wednesday that she is suspending her campaign for president.

"Last night, the people of Iowa spoke with a very clear voice, and so I have decided to stand aside," she said at a hastily-arranged news conference here.

"I have no regrets," she added. "None whatsoever. We never compromised our principles." She said she "looks forward to the next chapter in God's plan."

Bachmann did not endorse another candidate.

Bachmann, a third-term Minnesota congressman and the founder of the Tea Party caucus in the House, won the support of just five percent of Iowa Republican caucus-goers Tuesday. She finished in sixth place in the caucuses, which was essentially last place among the major contenders, since Jon Huntsman did not contest the state.

She also came in last in the hard-fought, three-way race among the candidates targeting Iowa social conservatives, finishing behind second-place finisher Rick Santorum and fifth-place Rick Perry. Perry, the Texas governor, said Tuesday he is returning to the Lone Star State to reassess his campaign, though he said Wednesday he plans to stay in the race.

Bachmann said Republicans should "rally around" the Republican nominee in order to defeat President Obama next November. Thanking her husband, her campaign staffers and her supporters, she vowed to "continue to be a strong voice" for her beliefs.

It's been a sad fall for Bachmann in Iowa, where she was born. She won the straw poll here in August, a finish that briefly earned her frontrunner status for the caucuses. But her support eroded steadily since the summer, and an aggressive retail campaign here that included a recent 99-county, ten-day bus tour did not improve her standing.

source - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57352112-503544/michele-bachmann-drops-out-of-gop-race/

And another one bites the dust.  Now if she would just stay out of the media as well since she is no longer imo relevant to current events.  But I know that is just wishful thinking.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
Re: Michele Bachmann drops out
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:38:02 pm »
Like I said in the other thread, she's been out, she just didn't realize it till now.

Maybe she'll take a lesson from this that people won't buy her shit when it's found to be wrong by even the nuttiest of her followers.

Still I'll bet there's a good chunk of people weeping and crying right now because she's officially done
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
  • I don't know and neither do you!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:45 pm »
YES!!!
(I'm trying to find a good dance .gif but my internet sucks. >.<)
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." --Billy Joel

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 12:54:24 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js</a>

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

fixed it for ya -Shane
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:05:22 pm by Shane for Wax »

Miles11

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 01:16:28 pm »
Joy. Can she stop being a part of the news along with her husband now?

I honestly want to see their idiocy wilt away with this. However, considering that she is who she is, she'll probably find a way to be talked about all the time somehow.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 01:52:41 pm »
I thought she was already out.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:41 pm »
It just goes to show, you can be FROM Iowa...and visit every single county IN Iowa....but if you're too crazy for Iowa, then you're too crazy for anyone.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 02:39:56 pm »
Joy. Can she stop being a part of the news along with her husband now?

I honestly want to see their idiocy wilt away with this. However, considering that she is who she is, she'll probably find a way to be talked about all the time somehow.

She'll go the way of Palin. Either she'll do stupid stuff, say stupid stuff, or her followers will have repeated orgasms over her and beg her to be stupid

It just goes to show, you can be FROM Iowa...and visit every single county IN Iowa....but if you're too crazy for Iowa, then you're too crazy for anyone.

She sunk that ship when she was proud to be in the same city that's infamous for John Wayne
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:41:35 pm by DasFuchs »
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 04:29:36 pm »
Didn't she forget to add the "Gacy" to that?
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 04:33:34 pm »
Wow. I'm surprised. But then again, not really.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 04:43:52 pm »
I'm especially amused by the fact that she looks forward to the next step in God's plan when before Iowa she pretty much said that God told her his plan was for her to be President.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:01:04 pm by MaybeNever »
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 04:55:50 pm »
Perhaps she is right. God's plan was to humiliate her in a crushing defeat in her home state and to subject her to national ridicule for the insane things she claims in His name.....

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 05:29:12 pm »
Man I hope the next stop in God's plan is being unable to fend off a challenger for her Congressional seat.

Ironbite-then she can fade away just like Palin.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 05:35:08 pm »
You REALLY think card-carrying attention whore Sarah Palin is just going to "fade away?" That's about as likely as Trump fading away.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 05:42:18 pm »
Bachmann was never a serious contender for president. That was obvious from the get-go. I know some people who like Palin, and even they think she's too nuts.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.