Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 397122 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1620 on: August 23, 2017, 12:24:09 am »
Daily Caller is the name of the Tabloid. I saw on rationalwiki it is apparently styled after the Daily Heil...sorry, the Daily Mail.

They heckled Obama a while back, shouting at him, "Why do you prefer foreigners over Americans?"
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1621 on: August 24, 2017, 06:05:53 pm »
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_82317.pdf

I'll just put two things from this poll here:

When asked who they would prefer to have as President, Barack Obama or Jefferson Davis, 56% of respondents replied Obama and 21% replied Davis, with 23% unsure. But among the 39% of respondents who voted for Donald Trump, 45% replied Davis and 20% replied Obama, with 35% unsure.

Also, if you look through the results, you'll find some interesting stuff about how favourably Jill Stein voters view Russia and Vladimir Putin. I would remind you that there were almost no Jill Stein voters who responded.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1622 on: August 25, 2017, 08:27:18 pm »
Trump pardoned Sheriff Joe.  He actually did it.  He just declared war on the Justice Department.

Ironbite-holy fuck.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1623 on: August 25, 2017, 08:58:59 pm »
Trump pardoned Sheriff Joe.  He actually did it.  He just declared war on the Justice Department.

Ironbite-holy fuck.

How'd he declare war on the Justice Department? Art. 2, Sec. 2 makes it pretty clear (to me, anyway) that the President has a near-plenary pardon power.

"...he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

And I'm pretty sure Joe Arpaio wasn't being impeached.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1624 on: August 25, 2017, 09:07:42 pm »
He just gave a big middle finger to any federal prosecutor.  So yeah, just declared war.

Ironbite-this is amazing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1625 on: August 25, 2017, 11:12:34 pm »
He just gave a big middle finger to any federal prosecutor.  So yeah, just declared war.

Ironbite-this is amazing.

Well, I don't know if he can give anyone a big middle finger. But apparently there's nothing wrong down there, so...

Anyway, it's only to the extent that they go after his friends, but you're right, this was a slap to the face to any federal prosecutor, and to the Latino community.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1626 on: August 25, 2017, 11:14:47 pm »
Not only that but it further cements Trump in the racist camp. By setting free a man who was a big spokesperson for the birther movement and someone who was big on racial profiling. I expect to see Arpaio given a position in Trump's cabinet.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1627 on: August 25, 2017, 11:19:51 pm »
Reminder: There is an imminent natural disaster in Texas at the moment. And we still have no FEMA director.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1628 on: August 25, 2017, 11:23:28 pm »
Reminder: There is an imminent natural disaster in Texas at the moment. And we still have no FEMA director.

Don't you know? The storm's only going to hit all the Hispanics and blacks and sinners there. All the good God-fearin' 'Muricans will be fine! It's God's wrath on all the others for trying to swing the state to the Demoncrats!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #1629 on: August 25, 2017, 11:24:36 pm »
Prediction: Trump's going to make Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina look competent.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1630 on: August 25, 2017, 11:27:06 pm »
Prediction: Trump's going to make Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina look competent.

Prediction: Trump's approval rating won't drop as much due to this as Bush's did due to Katrina.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #1631 on: August 26, 2017, 12:03:57 am »
Well, Trump's already pretty close to rock bottom, so I think that's a fair prediction, just because it really CAN'T drop that much more.
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1632 on: August 26, 2017, 12:42:28 am »
It would be rather hilarious if he botched it and his approval rating went to like 12% or something.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1633 on: August 26, 2017, 12:44:02 am »
It would be rather hilarious if he botched it and his approval rating went to like 12% or something.

That would only happen if he botched it badly enough that it killed two-thirds of his hardcore supporters or something.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1634 on: August 26, 2017, 01:16:52 am »
Note that the pardon says Arpaio has done "more than 50 years of admirable service to our Nation, he is a worthy candidate for a presidential pardon."

Isn't the entire reason why he was in court that it WASN'T admirable service?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!