Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387618 times)

pyro

Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #525 on: January 27, 2017, 12:29:11 pm »
So the US is officially out of the TPP? Be interesting to see if that actually helps bring the jobs back.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #526 on: January 27, 2017, 01:22:09 pm »
Jobs have been leaving the country since the 1940s, way before NAFTA or TPP were even thought up. It's not going to change much, and TPP was pretty much dead in the water in congress anyways. Corporations have their own self interests in mind and probably don't really care much what Trump thinks. They may "create" some jobs to stay here to appease him, but most manufacturing is becoming automated or shipped over seas at a lesser coast anyways. The economy is becoming very much global and a lot of countries are trying to fight against it.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #527 on: January 27, 2017, 05:43:49 pm »
Getting rid of TPP was the one good thing Trump has done so far and I just hope it doesn't get replaced by something worse.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #528 on: January 27, 2017, 06:05:46 pm »
It already has: the Angry Cheeto.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #529 on: January 28, 2017, 12:56:02 am »
So question, why does Donald Trump lie so constantly, so obviously, about such trivial matters?

Is it because:

a) he's just that fragile and stupid?
Or as economist Tyler Cowen argues here http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/26/14386068/why-does-trump-lie

b) out of a deliberate political strategy to test which republicans are loyal enough to him to humiliate themselves in public for him so he can secure his control of the party and depose guys like Paul Ryan?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #530 on: January 28, 2017, 01:37:55 am »
Michelle Bachman said something again: http://www.thegailygrind.com/2017/01/27/trump-adviser-michelle-bachman-claims-gays-islamic-terrorists-working-together-destroy-america/

Yes, "the gays" are in alliance with "the Muslims/ISIS" who want to kill them all because they both hate Trump and 'Murica more than each other. Also the Black lives matter movement is a secret gay-Muslim plot to end the world by making Jesus rise again. Or something.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #531 on: January 28, 2017, 03:52:33 am »
So question, why does Donald Trump lie so constantly, so obviously, about such trivial matters?

Is it because:

Or as economist Tyler Cowen argues here http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/26/14386068/why-does-trump-lie

b) out of a deliberate political strategy to test which republicans are loyal enough to him to humiliate themselves in public for him so he can secure his control of the party and depose guys like Paul Ryan?
There's always Henry Kissinger's madman theory.

But that was only about someone pretending be a madman.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #532 on: January 28, 2017, 08:17:52 am »

Is it because:

It's a major trait of someone with narcisistic personality disorder. Lying to make himself seem greater than he actually is. Making big empty promises. Putting down people who challenge him. It's why he bullies the media. Because the media tells it like it is and it shatters his little ego. Narcisist attack those who don't treat them as the number one person in the room, world, universe.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #533 on: January 28, 2017, 11:25:39 am »
So only a week or so in and the next four years is shaping up to be popcorn-worthy.

Entertainment-wise my horror scenario was this dude turning into a boring sensible politician who'd just spent the campaign spouting fun-but-implausible things to energise the voter base only to drop them after inauguration day.

But early indicators are looking like he's actually going to DO some of them.  This is going to be HILARIOUS.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #534 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:59 pm »
Sure, for a white guy on the outside. For anyone else, its fucking terrifying.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #535 on: January 28, 2017, 03:28:21 pm »

I'm "a white guy on the outside" and I'm fucking terrified at how he's telling the environment to go fuck itself.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #536 on: January 28, 2017, 04:20:57 pm »
I'm a white guy on the inside and we're probably gonna have an ISIS attack on US soil that he'll do nothing about and WHOOPS THERE GOES THE BILL OF FUCKING RIGHTS!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #537 on: January 28, 2017, 05:19:58 pm »
I'm a white guy on the inside and I don't feel fear like normal people.

I do however feel nothing but disgust and detest for the cabal of idiots and Russian Lickspittles he's surrounded himself with.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #538 on: January 28, 2017, 05:44:00 pm »

I'm "a white guy on the outside" and I'm fucking terrified at how he's telling the environment to go fuck itself.

That's absolutely fair.

[/size]
I'm a white guy on the inside and we're probably gonna have an ISIS attack on US soil that he'll do nothing about and WHOOPS THERE GOES THE BILL OF FUCKING RIGHTS!

Oh, no, I am absolutely right there with you.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #539 on: January 28, 2017, 05:45:43 pm »

That's absolutely fair.

I'm also fucking terrified that he might start WWIII with another nuclear power.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.