Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2024325 times)

Offline Atavist

• Pope
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #1260 on: March 28, 2012, 02:04:59 pm »
When You Need A More Powerful Wand!
I am too lost for shame
That it moves me unto mirth,
But I can vision a Hell of flame
For I have lived on Earth.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1261 on: March 28, 2012, 02:35:15 pm »
Am I the only one who assumes that experienced wizards, especially evil dark wizards, would know how to magically deflect bullets?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1262 on: March 28, 2012, 04:28:19 pm »
That's not the point
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #1263 on: March 28, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »
Neil just keeps getting more awesome.

22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1264 on: March 28, 2012, 06:33:16 pm »
Am I the only one who assumes that experienced wizards, especially evil dark wizards, would know how to magically deflect bullets?
I imagine a lot of them wouldn't. Most wizards don't even know what a gun is, let alone how to defend against it.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1265 on: March 28, 2012, 06:45:24 pm »
I imagine a lot of them wouldn't. Most wizards don't even know what a gun is, let alone how to defend against it.
That’s what Rowling basically said. But I don’t buy it, because their are plenty of muggle-borns and half-bloods that would know what a gun is. And I would expect at least a few of them to at least try to come up with a good defensel.
-A Pen Name

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1266 on: March 28, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »
Or a spell that makes their wand shoot bullets.

"GATLINGUS!"
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1267 on: March 28, 2012, 06:56:15 pm »
That’s what Rowling basically said. But I don’t buy it, because their are plenty of muggle-borns and half-bloods that would know what a gun is. And I would expect at least a few of them to at least try to come up with a good defensel.
Half-bloods and muggle borns, sure, but the pure blooded wizards typically have fuck all contact with the outside world and even the pure bloods who do make an effort to try and learn about muggle tech still struggle to understand even the basics of how things such as firearms work (case in point: Arthur Weasley), much less how to counter them. Combine that with the fact that wizards have even less practical experience than theoretical in countering firearms and I think any horcrux-less wizard could quite easily be taken down with a simple shot to the head.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1268 on: March 28, 2012, 06:58:53 pm »
That's a funny image -- after all his horcruxes have been destroyed, Voldemort getting shot in the face and killed.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Avorne

• Neonate
  • The Avorne formerly known as Pasta
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1269 on: March 28, 2012, 07:23:45 pm »

I think, more than anything else, the mental imagery that I get from this is what amuses me most.
"They may all look the same to you, but there are different knids and different levels of evil. A first-class villain doesn't target honest lives." ~ Accelerator

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1270 on: March 28, 2012, 08:45:51 pm »
Half-bloods and muggle borns, sure, but the pure blooded wizards typically have fuck all contact with the outside world and even the pure bloods who do make an effort to try and learn about muggle tech still struggle to understand even the basics of how things such as firearms work (case in point: Arthur Weasley), much less how to counter them. Combine that with the fact that wizards have even less practical experience than theoretical in countering firearms and I think any horcrux-less wizard could quite easily be taken down with a simple shot to the head.

Well, yeah. I’m not disagreeing with any assertion about the wizards that were raised well away from muggles. I just find it funny that apparently every muggle born ever seems to have decided to cut all contact with the muggle world just as thoroughly as the “purebloods.”

I think, more than anything else, the mental imagery that I get from this is what amuses me most.

Not sure what you need mental imagery for. They got a plain ol’ photo right there for your viewing pleasure. :D
-A Pen Name

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1271 on: March 28, 2012, 09:01:32 pm »
Hey it wasn't me this time that derailed the thread with Harry Potter things. Yay?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1272 on: March 28, 2012, 09:26:13 pm »
Hey it wasn't me this time that derailed the thread with Harry Potter things. Yay?

But I was still part of it. Yay! ;D
-A Pen Name

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1273 on: March 28, 2012, 09:34:36 pm »
Well, yeah. I’m not disagreeing with any assertion about the wizards that were raised well away from muggles. I just find it funny that apparently every muggle born ever seems to have decided to cut all contact with the muggle world just as thoroughly as the “purebloods.”
It is a little odd I must say. If, for example, one of them figured out that a paper currency is better than precious metals and used it to start up a rival bank, they'd run Gringotts out of business within a month. Or if someone realised that using tactics to complement magical prowess in large fights was a good idea. Even Voldemort's personal army would get completely flattened, especially if they used brooms to gain and exploit air superiority.

Hell, just a wizard-run paper mill or pen factory would make a fucking mountain of cash, considering they still use parchment and quills.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1274 on: March 28, 2012, 09:58:37 pm »
Yeah. As far as I know, the only explanation for the lack of technological development was that magic somehow interfered with electronics. But ballpoint pens, paper, and firearms do not require electronics.

Okay, I’m done with the Potter commentary for now. I think I’ll have to find a few pictures to contribute to make up for the Off-topicness.
-A Pen Name