Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 275223 times)

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2013, 08:22:48 pm »
Indiana Jones and the temple of doom. 

What can i say i like this movie.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #406 on: January 29, 2013, 12:20:49 pm »
Indiana Jones and the temple of doom. 

What can i say i like this movie.

It's deifnately in my list of "Movies I Can See Are Shit But I Like Them Anyway". Which, btw, is different from "So Bad It's Good". The former are movies you like INSPITE of knowing how bad they are, whereas the latter are movies you enjoy BECAUSE of how bad they are.

Offline That Guy

• Bishop
« Reply #407 on: January 31, 2013, 04:56:51 pm »
I watched both "Let Me In" and "Let the Right One In" recently.  They were both fantastic!
I must admit to preferring "Let Me In" though - I prefer the style in which it was filmed.  It also runs a little smoother than LTROI (though they're both great and I think I'll buy 'em at some point!).

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #408 on: February 04, 2013, 02:10:01 am »
The Shawshank Redemption

I have to watch films for my story-boarding class (previously, I had to watch Psycho and Casablanca) and write essays on them. This is the first film I had to see which I've liked so much. And yes, it's also because of Morgan Freeman, and how everything he touches turns to gold (well, exceptions include Evan Almighty).

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #409 on: February 04, 2013, 05:35:16 am »
The Three Musketeers. A ridiculous film. Early in the film, the bad guy complains about the operation of a gun-sight on a pistol with no sight. Then Count Richelieu, who is supposed to be a chess master, advises a chess novice to castle out of check. The least bit of effort on the part of the scriptwriters- literally, a five second wiki search- would have prevented this shit. It's just a lazy film.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #410 on: February 04, 2013, 06:10:48 am »
Which three musketeers movie?

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #411 on: February 04, 2013, 06:44:25 am »

2011. Bleeding airbattleships flying around like nobody's business.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #412 on: February 04, 2013, 07:07:26 am »

2011. Bleeding airbattleships flying around like nobody's business.

I always preferred the ones with Ollie Reed, Richard Chamberlain, etc.  A script by George MacDonald Fraser and some awesome acting talent?  Instant win!
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #413 on: February 04, 2013, 08:12:33 am »
The 2011 version is silly, but what a lot of people overlook is that it sticks closer to the original book's plot than most adaptations. The only major departures are the Da Vinci tech and the musketeers being James Bond-type spies.

*shrug* I enjoyed it.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline That Guy

• Bishop
« Reply #414 on: February 04, 2013, 02:15:25 pm »
"One Nine Nine Four".
A documentary about punk rock's brief appearance in mainstream culture in the 90s.  It includes interviews with Larry Livermore (who started Lookout Records, home to Screeching Weasel, Mr. T Experience, Green Day before they went mainstream), Dexter Holland of The Offspring, everyone in Rancid, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day and Pinhead Gunpowder, Fletcher Dragge of Pennywise, Tim Armstrong and Lars Frederiksen of Rancid, Greg Graffin and Brett Gurewitz of Bad Religion, Joe Escalante of The Vandals, Fat Mike of NOFX, and a lot more people - it's also narrated by Tony Hawk.  It was pretty interesting, to be honest.  Then again, I'm quite big on 90s Epitaph/Fat Wreck Chords bands, and this doc was heavy on that scene.  Also, Billie Joe still seems like a cool guy, even if Green Day have seemingly completely abandoned their roots.

"Kid Dynamite: Four Years in One Gulp"
Another documentary, this one about the hardcore punk band Kid Dynamite.  A lot of it is just their friends and roadies telling stories of seeing them or being on tour with them.  Some of it's pretty fun, and the live performances in it are fantastic.  In fact, I'd say this is worth seeing just for that - if you're into this band, at least.  If you haven't heard them and you're into punk, check 'em out before watching this.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:19:16 pm by That Guy »

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #415 on: February 05, 2013, 04:04:53 am »
"One Nine Nine Four".
A documentary about punk rock's brief appearance in mainstream culture in the 90s.  It includes interviews with Larry Livermore (who started Lookout Records, home to Screeching Weasel, Mr. T Experience, Green Day before they went mainstream), Dexter Holland of The Offspring, everyone in Rancid, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day and Pinhead Gunpowder, Fletcher Dragge of Pennywise, Tim Armstrong and Lars Frederiksen of Rancid, Greg Graffin and Brett Gurewitz of Bad Religion, Joe Escalante of The Vandals, Fat Mike of NOFX, and a lot more people - it's also narrated by Tony Hawk.  It was pretty interesting, to be honest.  Then again, I'm quite big on 90s Epitaph/Fat Wreck Chords bands, and this doc was heavy on that scene.  Also, Billie Joe still seems like a cool guy, even if Green Day have seemingly completely abandoned their roots.

That sounds awesome - definitely going to keep an eye out for that one.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #416 on: February 05, 2013, 04:15:17 am »
I believe the last movie I watched was Wayne's World 2

No wait.  The last movie I watched was To Wong Fu, Thanks For Everything.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline That Guy

• Bishop
« Reply #417 on: February 09, 2013, 06:52:28 pm »
"One Nine Nine Four".

That sounds awesome - definitely going to keep an eye out for that one.
It doesn't have an official release as of yet, but it's on Youtube.  ;)

"Hotel Transylvania".
Cute movie.  Not great, just cute.  I liked the little jab at "Twilight" they took, wouldn't expect that in a movie that's so obviously aimed at children.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #418 on: February 09, 2013, 09:21:32 pm »
Death Race 2000, a silly Roger Corman film about a distopian American featuring a car race in which the point is to kill as many people as possible.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #419 on: February 09, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »
On Sim's recommendation, I just watched Thankskilling, which was awesomely bad.