Author Topic: Windows 8.1 leaked, underwhelming, more for tablets, no start menu.  (Read 3421 times)

Saturn500

Re: Windows 8.1 leaked, underwhelming, more for tablets, no start menu.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 09:54:16 pm »
Up until I got into shmups, the Metro bullshit was actually turning me off of the 360.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 11:33:51 pm »
Well everything's going touch screen anyways so ytoiu best get used to how Windows operates.

Ironbite-yeah that sounded as bad as I thought.
Honesty that trend scares me, a lot of hardware capacity is lost just for that touch screen.  I am not just referring to space for components but capacity to disperse heat and a shift in power allocation. Such would be fine if limited to mobile, hand held devices but Computer Equals Monitor is becoming a reality.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 10:45:57 pm »
Windows is just doing what the big players in the OS duopoly have been doing since they dominated the market.

Release untested Beta products on to the population of the entire planet and use the indignant howling when it (inevitably) breaks as product feedback for the next version!