Author Topic: Panama Papers Discussion  (Read 6356 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Panama Papers Discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2016, 11:21:53 pm »
Yep ibbles has it.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2016, 12:39:22 am »
Except that Putin wasn't targeted. It just turned out that one of the juicier bits of info was that the data finally gave solid evidence that  Putin and his inner circle had been stealing the money and corporations of Russia.

Naturally Russian news all claim that this is propaganda...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2016, 12:46:01 am »
Except that Putin wasn't targeted. It just turned out that one of the juicier bits of info was that the data finally gave solid evidence that  Putin and his inner circle had been stealing the money and corporations of Russia.

Naturally Russian news all claim that this is propaganda...

Looks like we already found 2016's winner for "least surprising revelation."

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2016, 08:33:04 am »
Also implies that then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Obama pushed trade deals that allowed the super rich to exploit new and improved loopholes in order to keep themselves super rich.

And Sanders predicted it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb6AQIT_ra0

Even if nothing legal comes out of it, it once again shows that Sanders is looking out for our best interests while Clinton is looking out for her own. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

pyro

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2016, 03:21:19 pm »
Also implies that then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Obama pushed trade deals that allowed the super rich to exploit new and improved loopholes in order to keep themselves super rich.

And Sanders predicted it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb6AQIT_ra0

Even if nothing legal comes out of it, it once again shows that Sanders is looking out for our best interests while Clinton is looking out for her own.

Are you for real, or are you just parodying the Bernie Bros?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2016, 08:42:50 pm »
Updating this to include a link to the 'manifesto'. Not sure if I totally agree with the view of lawyers but I think it does highlight how the 'nation-state' has failed to keep up with globalisation in a way in which business (and crime) have not:

http://panamapapers.sueddeutsche.de/articles/572c897a5632a39742ed34ef/