Author Topic: The New New Art Thread.  (Read 84545 times)

Offline Oriet

• Homo sapiens scientia
  • Bishop
  • Disabled Vet MtF Polyamorous Atheist Auspie
Re: The New New Art Thread.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 02:09:31 pm »
I recently got back into drawing (yay for meds!), and also started messing some with vector graphics.

Here is a vector art I made for my gaming site:
I admit it's really simple and cheesy, being a house, a scroll to depict rules, and them being on a die to represent gaming, to match the site's name and purpose.

My head has been trying to convince me now to make a webcomic, that would be a furry science-fantasy industrial-punk war between cats and dogs (with other animals in as other sides and such), and after sharing the idea with my housemates they all like it too. Before I start doing it I know I need to work a bit on my art, as well as get stuff planned, plotted out, otherwise prepared, and have a buffer. Still, I started doing some art for it, and I'm doing it in the style I did the popular yet infamous Ironbite/Skyfire picture.

I also drew some busts to use as images for an RPG campaign (which hasn't started yet) in a modified Star Trek universe. I'll just link to the folder they're in: Link
The Rules, get to know them.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 02:38:32 pm »
Yay for getting back into art! I like your vector. You did a good job making it look 3D.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 01:43:40 am »
I know this is the New "new" Art thread, but is there any chance someone could go fetch Hades' drawing of Patton Oswalt and his family crest from the old board?
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 07:08:30 pm »
I drew this a little while back, did some recent edits and finally posted it. I occasionally have the urge to post it in response to some of the news stories here that are full of WTF-ery.  http://sleepyoneart.blogspot.com/2012/01/wtf.html

Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 09:11:08 pm »
LOL Sleepy, that's funny.

I did some vector work before but this is the only thing that I did with it so far. It's a logo that I designed for a fictional group of people, 5 males and 5 females who somehow got access to the entire Internet and other computer networks as well as government mainframes, etc through their minds. They were discovered by govt agents and kept in a secret facility and horribly treated. They get killed when one of them threatens to expose the whole operation but somehow ended up getting into the Internet itself after their deaths. They then called themselves the Council of the Internet.

This is their main logo, I was going for a UN type logo but also something that conveys the Internet

Then here is the logos using the filter Luce, one with the logo in white on black background and the other vice versa

And this is a wall paper that I made

I know it's all the same thing and I have this logo on TIFF file format so that I can change the colors or whatever but logo making isn't really my forte and it took me forever to make this logo.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 09:52:07 pm »
Wow, I really like the original logo. That's nice work.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 10:19:33 pm »
Yeah, nice work on that logo.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 10:24:29 pm »
That's a damn nice logo you got there

inb4 the UN changes its logo to Radiation's logo out of jealousy
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 03:47:39 am »

Offline MagniZeal

• Neonate
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 10:41:35 pm »
I've been doing a lot of coloring lately. This is one of my newer ones, but it's huge, so I'm just going to link to it, and not post it in here. ^^ No breaking formating. It's a contest entry. It took me three or so days, working on and off.

And then this one was really exciting to do. The line-art is by Guido (hey, that's his name...), who's a professional artist for IDW. The image is not official, of course, but it was still awesome. Also, my colors are bright. Very bright. It's a radioactive robot. He's glowing with radiation. ^^ Bright happens. Here's the link. So, am very happy about that one. ^^

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 02:30:34 am »
I wonder if the robot hand gives him an advantage or disadvantage with fapping.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 09:54:22 pm »
I was reading through the old dream thread, and I based this poster off of a dream that Sleepy had.

I had a dream last night that Palin was running for president. This enraged me, so I went around my school putting up posters with Palin's name crossed out and an explanation below that read, "There's already enough bigotry in this country. We don't need more." I tried to write it in rainbow colors, but somehow failed miserably. I also drew a dancing snowman beneath her name and told people that they should vote for Pojman instead, who is the author of one of my textbooks.

This poster should be put everywhere.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 01:00:10 am »
Hades! I cannot properly express how much I love that.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 09:20:05 pm »
Have some wibbly-wobbly sketches.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 09:33:06 pm »
ADIPOSE! ADI ADI ADIPOSE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!