Author Topic: Actiblizzard might go up for sale  (Read 2151 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Actiblizzard might go up for sale
« on: June 07, 2012, 07:30:52 pm »
LOS ANGELES--The industry's largest third-party publisher might be for sale. According to a Bloomberg report, senior executives of Activision Blizzard parent Vivendi are meeting later this month to determine whether they want to sell the telecom giant's majority stake in the game developer.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6381404/activision-blizzard-for-sale

So first EA has the possibility of being bought out by that one Korean company and now Activision Blizzard could be next.  While part of me has a hahahahaha smirk the other makes me wonder what the heck is going on with the fact that 2 game publishing giants have the potential to disappear. Maybe there is some poetic justice in the world after all and the fact that they keep selling half ass to complete shit games has finally started hitting their bottom line harder than we thought.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Actiblizzard might go up for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:39:03 pm »
Maybe there is some poetic justice in the world after all and the fact that they keep selling half ass to complete shit games has finally started hitting their bottom line harder than we thought.

Much as I like the thought, we're talking about the company that runs WoW and puts out Call of Duty. The only money problem they have is where to spend it all.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 02:47:09 pm »
Pissing off your employees tends to do the trick, there.  Give people enough bullshit, and they'll stop caring about the money, they'll just up and fucking quit.  Or go to a competitor, which would be even worse than them just quitting entirely.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Distind

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 02:55:48 pm »
Much as I like the thought, we're talking about the company that runs WoW and puts out Call of Duty. The only money problem they have is where to spend it all.
To Rav's point, the original COD devs have walked on them, the original diablo devs walked ages ago. They may not have a money problem right now, but a few massive turds in the current development model could sink anyone.

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 05:19:56 pm »
To Rav's point, the original COD devs have walked on them, the original diablo devs walked ages ago. They may not have a money problem right now, but a few massive turds in the current development model could sink anyone.

That was my point.  I think Vivendi is seeing a sinking ship and are trying to cash out at still a "peak time" before the fall and they don't become worth as much.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!