Author Topic: Iran sentences US citizen to death 'for spying'  (Read 6816 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Iran sentences US citizen to death 'for spying'
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:31:19 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO3j14AAizQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO3j14AAizQ</a>

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
Re: Iran sentences US citizen to death 'for spying'
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:08:21 pm »
Honestly I don't know why anyone from the US would go to Iran...the place kinda screams "fuck da US" on an "I keell you!" scale
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 08:14:08 pm »
Its kinda suspicious that an American citizen would be sneaking around in Iran, while the American government is openly discussing invading Iran...
Does anyone think an Iranian sneaking around an American airbase, would be anything other than a spy?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:16:03 pm by D Laurier »
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 08:25:13 pm »
Honestly I don't know why anyone from the US would go to Iran...the place kinda screams "fuck da US" on an "I keell you!" scale

I actually used to work with a woman who was allowed a visa every 2 years to go back to Iran and visit her parents, and she was personal friends with a couple of the Shah's kids, they never put her on trial. 

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 08:28:05 pm »

I actually used to work with a woman who was allowed a visa every 2 years to go back to Iran and visit her parents, and she was personal friends with a couple of the Shah's kids, they never put her on trial.
To be fair, this was probably before the US government was openly discussing invasion. I'd imagine things are a bit different now.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 12:53:08 am »

"personal friends with a couple of the Shah's kids"

There's your reason
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 08:16:52 am »

There's your reason

Uh, unless Discoberry was working with this woman back in the 60's and 70's, wouldn't that give the Iranian government even more reason to fuck with her post-revolution?
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 08:28:28 am »

There's your reason

Uh, unless Discoberry was working with this woman back in the 60's and 70's, wouldn't that give the Iranian government even more reason to fuck with her post-revolution?

I suppose it would require an answer from Disco.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:48:44 am »

There's your reason

Fanatical people don't need much reason to label someone an enemy of the state.  And most people with connections to a former ruler are considered hostile. 

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:06 am »
Given that this is kind of a new push in lunacy by I'm-a-dinner-jacket, I'd say that plays a lot more here along with the whole enriching uranium thing.
If it was before his time, I could see them being allowed in and out.
After he took over, with the oppressive thumb he runs the place with, I'm not so sure.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 09:35:14 am »
Given that this is kind of a new push in lunacy by I'm-a-dinner-jacket, I'd say that plays a lot more here along with the whole enriching uranium thing.
After he took over, with the oppressive thumb he runs the place with, I'm not so sure.

Isn't he not the "real" power behind the government though?
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 09:51:41 am »

Isn't he not the "real" power behind the government though?

No that's the Ayatollah:  Dinner jacket is more there for the illusion of democracy, in reality, the country is about as democratic as Zimbabwe.

As for the Iranians letting in a friend of the Shah's children......  It wouldn't surprise me.  I remember veteran BBC reporter John Simpson talking about the aftermath of the revolution - you would commonly have demonstrations against the USA, UK (there is a deep loathing of the UK in Iranian politics) but at these demonstrations people would be at great pains to express the feeling that, while they loathed the country's leadership, they held the people themselves (of both countries) in the highest regard.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 11:43:29 am »
Didn't we just get like three kids out of a similar situation?

Ironbite-or was that some other country that hates us?

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 11:48:31 am »
Didn't we just get like three kids out of a similar situation?

Ironbite-or was that some other country that hates us?

They were hiker who got lost on the Kurdish- Iranian border.  It's still never been proven that they were on the Iranian side.  Iran is pissed they haven't been featured on "Locked Up Abroad". 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:50:20 am by DiscoBerry »