Author Topic: Dominionist preacher advocates slavery for non-xians.  (Read 5039 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Dominionist preacher advocates slavery for non-xians.
« on: April 14, 2013, 12:15:42 am »
Article here.  The youtube is marked "private".  I guess it got changed after this article got written?

Based on Proverbs 11:29, Morecraft makes a case for Biblically justified enslavement of a man who does not “trust in Christ” since slavery is the only way to “keep a fool under wraps.”

The dominionist pastor interprets the Proverb to predict that in a Christian theocracy, an unbeliever will “lose his family, his property, and his freedom,” and “his energies, talents and life will not be used as he himself pleases, but in the service of wise people who work hard to benefit the community.”

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Dominionist preacher advocates slavery for non-xians.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 03:08:10 am »
Well then, it's a good thing we don't live in a Christian theocracy.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:52:50 am »
Right wing Christianity....

Fucking up the world since ~40CE
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 11:01:51 am »
Why doesn't this stuff surprise me anymore? 

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 11:22:06 am »
I showed that article to a friend who lives down in Brazil. He said that a preacher spouting this sort of crap would end up lynched in a riot down there. Keep in mind that Brazil, as a whole, is even more religious than the U.S.

If he were a Muslim cleric, I could see the exact same reaction up here. As is, the fact that he's a fundamentalist Christian will probably just mean he cries discrimination when people call him on his shit.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 12:10:56 pm »
So in this idiot's society, people like us are to be used as slaves in the field while he and his get to live in the upper areas of Columbia.

Ironbite-starting to see why the Vox were so popular.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 12:41:30 pm »
... slavery? really? um, how exactly can they be both so heretical and immoral that they haven't been insta-banned from irl yet?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 12:48:35 pm »
Presbyterian? Really? I had no idea the pod pastors had invaded what has always been the epitome of the innocuous, tame and quiet main stream churches. These fucking rabid zealots really are destroying Christianity from the inside out.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 12:59:54 pm »
Presbyterian? Really? I had no idea the pod pastors had invaded what has always been the epitome of the innocuous, tame and quiet main stream churches. These fucking rabid zealots really are destroying Christianity from the inside out.

I've actually met Christians who make that exact argument, only they say that preachers like this are actually stealth Satanic agents.

Seriously.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 01:07:07 pm »

I've actually met Christians who make that exact argument, only they say that preachers like this are actually stealth Satanic agents.

Seriously.

I consider that a perfectly reasonable statement from a normal religious person, yeah. If I believed in the supernatural, I absolutely would scream and point at these Demons in clerical garb; They are that fucking wrong and dangerous.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 01:19:44 pm »

Seriously.

Well this would certainly be more productive than hiding messages in records backwards.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »

Couldn't have worded it better myself.  A lot of the reason for non religious people is religious people.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 06:10:39 pm »
I showed that article to a friend who lives down in Brazil. He said that a preacher spouting this sort of crap would end up lynched in a riot down there. Keep in mind that Brazil, as a whole, is even more religious than the U.S.

Well, compared to the United States, Brazil has a much larger percentage of the population who are descendants of indigenous peoples and slaves. It would obviously strike a bigger nerve there.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 06:25:06 pm »
I bet this guy constantly screeches about a one world government or a NWO, without even seeing the irony of it.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 11:12:32 pm »
I wonder how much this pastor realizes that some of the things he says is very close to radical Islamic clerics or groups like the Taliban.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman