Author Topic: Who says the 1% is different from the rest of us?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Who says the 1% is different from the rest of us?
« on: May 18, 2013, 01:24:36 pm »
And that they live in a bubble, and aren't deserving of our worship?

The New York Post reports that the latest “must have” for wealthy parents, is a “disabled” guide at Disney World, so that their darling children don’t have to wait on lines for rides. According to an exclusive by reporter Tara Palmeri, Manhattan “one percenters” have been passing around the name of a “black market disney guide” -- an adult who needs a motorized scooter for mobility, and whose presence can take advantage of the rule that “handicapped” guests can go directly to the front of the line and bring up to five other people along.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/14/skipping-lines-at-disney_n_3275836.html

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
Re: Who says the 1% is different from the rest of us?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:34:46 pm »
Instead of hiring someone wouldn't it be just be cheaper for them to offer to take a local disabled person to Disneyland for free? That way they could at least disguise their selfish actions as charity.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 01:42:35 pm »
I read about this a week ago. Disgusting. I propose that any adult found to be doing this be sentenced to one full day in the Goofy suit.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

wrightway

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 01:45:51 pm »
I read about this a week ago. Disgusting. I propose that any adult found to be doing this be sentenced to one full day in the Goofy suit.

With all it entails, including the employee underwear.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 01:54:23 pm »
Talk about people behaving like children. And probably making their children entitled brats in the process, giving them the idea that they're more important than the other kids.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 02:00:55 pm »

Without the head so we can all see their face.   

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 02:29:27 pm »

No, with the head on.

Preferably in the middle of summer.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 02:31:16 pm »

No, with the head on.

Let's compromise.  The first hour, they have the head on, and the second, the head comes off.  Rinse and repeat.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 02:38:23 pm »
I got the answer - Put 'em in a Buzz Lightyear suit. With the AC disabled. In August. In Orlando.

And yeah I know it's a NASA suit design - but that's near here too, sooo.... ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:48:21 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 03:07:33 pm »
They could have just hired me for 100 bucks and I'd punch everybody out of the way to put them in front.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 04:53:11 pm »
Am I the only one who has to admire the sheer nads it takes to hire a disabled person just so you don't have to wait in line at Disney World? It's like something a supervillain would do.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 06:10:18 pm »
I suddenly understand how Danaos felt. (kudos to anyone who gets the reference)

This is just unimaginably disgusting. The 1% continue to be nothing but worthless sludge that in all rights should have been scraped from our heels.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 07:35:37 pm »
And THEY bellyache about US being LAZY!

If this article isn't a hoax then I'll say SHIP THEM ALL TO PLUTO...IN PLUTO COSTUMES!

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 08:45:59 pm »

No, with the head on.

Let's compromise.  The first hour, they have the head on, and the second, the head comes off.  Rinse and repeat.

I support all of the above, and forcing them to have the Small Small World music piped into their headpiece the entire time.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 09:25:45 pm »

No, with the head on.

I support all of the above, and forcing them to have the Small Small World music piped into their headpiece the entire time.

YEAH! SQUEAKY-SHRILL REPETITIVE MUSICAL MULTICULTURALISM! Priceless!

The thing is, I've been to Disney and the lines, even long ones, seem to go real fast! This evil scheme of theirs is really unneeded and I waited in ludicrously long lines for five minutes (at most)...lines that would take hours to wait in in any other amusement park.

Now, that was back in 1991. I don't know how things are done now.

That said, the fact that these rich lazy bums can't wait in a swift-moving 5 minute line says a lot about their slothfulness. It's high time we started a campaign of "Lazy Powerful Rich Person Shaming". Make it memetic! A cultural narrative trend! It'll be awesome!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:32:16 pm by SpukiKitty »