Author Topic: Holy Water Harmful to Health?  (Read 7982 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Holy Water Harmful to Health?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 11:50:17 am »
A few years ago, my wife and I were vacationing in Rome and we went to the Vatican just to go there and see it.  When we went into Saint Peters Cathedral, we noticed people going over to a basin mounted about 5-1/2 feet up on the wall, reaching up and dipping their hand into, and crossing themselves.  Some were even putting it on their baby's foreheads.  My wife went over so I could take a photo of her beside it and after I took it, she looked into the basin and a look of horror came over her face.  So I went over a looked in and it was filthy.  There was a visible layer of scum on it from where people with hand creams and lotions had been dipping there hands into it.  There was a slight ring of crud around the basin at water level.  It did not look healthy at all.   This is what I thought of as soon as I saw the title of this thread.

I'm guessing they didn't change it a lot.

I'm guessing you're right.   But as many people that dip their dirty hands in it on a daily basis, it probably doesn't take too long to get that dirty, either.

It takes a bit to get a ring such as you described, tho.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!