Author Topic: Re-Education camps for "troubled teens"  (Read 6505 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re-Education camps for "troubled teens"
« on: January 15, 2014, 03:45:46 pm »
...Words fail me.  Today, I found out that there are still horrific camps where rich kids can get sent to for the most petty of reasons.  I thought we got rid of these things in the 90s!

All I have to say is, if you send one of your children there, you have failed as a parent and as a human being.  And the people who run these places make Bernie Madoff look like Warren Buffet!

I am sorely tempted to drive out to Montana, buy some guns, find one of these camps, and shoot every staff member there.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Re-Education camps for "troubled teens"
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 03:50:44 pm »
Was this inspired by the recent Cracked article?

I don't understand how parents can send their kids to these palces, even before I knew how fucking dispicable they were.  I wouldn't blame a kid for never forgiving their parents even if they went to one of the better ones.

How did these even come about?  The seem to me almost unique to the US as far as I'm aware.  I actually think doing this would be illegal in alot of palces in Europe, even without the abuse.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 03:56:47 pm »
Was this inspired by the recent Cracked article?
Yup.

I don't understand how parents can send their kids to these palces, even before I knew how fucking dispicable they were.  I wouldn't blame a kid for never forgiving their parents even if they went to one of the better ones.
I always imagined these were places for kids with legitimate problems, not normal teen rebels.

How did these even come about?  The seem to me almost unique to the US as far as I'm aware.  I actually think doing this would be illegal in alot of palces in Europe, even without the abuse.
I think there are other places where this shit happens.  Kenya, the Dominican Republic, and Spain come to mind.

While other countries may not have stuff exactly like this, there are some places that are pretty damn similar.  Look at British juvie halls for proof.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 04:09:21 pm »

[/quot

While other countries may not have stuff exactly like this, there are some places that are pretty damn similar.  Look at British juvie halls for proof.

In (admittedly relativley recent) times gone by yes.  But we're not still doing that in 2014.  Yes, I don't doubt abuse still takes place in such institutes but at least it's illegal now, where as in the past some of what is now considered abuse was well within the law.  Some of the fucked up shit that goes on in the camps in the Cracked artical seems to be still legal today.

Plus, jouvie halls are and always were basically prisons for kids between certain ages who'd committed crimes, and they were sent there by the courts (not that it justifies abuse but that's not my point).  You don't get sent there on the request of your parents just because they find your taste in music and fashion disturbing.  You have to be arrested and tried by a court of law for an actual criminal offense.  So the comparison is somewhat unfair.

Also I should have been more specific, I was talking about it seeming to be mostly unique to the US with regards to 1st world, developed western nations.  I'm sure far worse yet legal shit goes on in many other countries.

Edit: Argh, the forum is back to putting everything as a quote again :(
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:14:24 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 05:46:02 pm »
There's a broken quote tag right after "even without the abuse", fixing that should sort it out.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 07:49:36 pm »
Dear god, i wish there was a way to do something about this.

I want to do something about this so bad, nothing much, anything would be good!

Contact the ACLU? Linking the cracked article everywhere? http://www.cracked.com/article_20843_6-shocking-realities-secret-troubled-teen-industry.html
Tumblr i guess, it wouldn't do much but it's something.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:25:23 pm by I am lizard »

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:01:38 pm »
I've heard of these.  I remember one shocking case where a kid was killed in one of them.  And since the kid was black, it brought out some of the most mean spirited and hateful comments from racists who thought the kid "deserved it".  I will never forget this one forum I used to post on when one of the more sensible members posted a link to that story.  Some other dumbass couldn't get it through his head that this was NOT a military school where they prepare you for battle.  Even if it was, there is no excuse for the treatment the boy endured (which lead to his death).  It's shocking how people can defend such obvious evil just because it's under the guise of "helping" them. 

As for these camp people, is it wrong that I find myself wishing painful deaths on them?  Perferably at the hands of one of the kids they try to kidnap? 

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »
I've heard of these.  I remember one shocking case where a kid was killed in one of them.  And since the kid was black, it brought out some of the most mean spirited and hateful comments from racists who thought the kid "deserved it".  I will never forget this one forum I used to post on when one of the more sensible members posted a link to that story.  Some other dumbass couldn't get it through his head that this was NOT a military school where they prepare you for battle.  Even if it was, there is no excuse for the treatment the boy endured (which lead to his death).  It's shocking how people can defend such obvious evil just because it's under the guise of "helping" them. 

As for these camp people, is it wrong that I find myself wishing painful deaths on them?  Perferably at the hands of one of the kids they try to kidnap?

Not at all. Eye for an eye.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 09:22:42 pm »

Nope.  I say evacuate the kids, and just cordon the places off, and carpet bomb them.  Put those aerial combat drones to good use.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 01:02:54 am »
I like your idea, except I was planning to dirty bomb them.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 01:05:09 am »
I get that we should bury the managers alive and shit but what can we do?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 01:05:51 am »
How about we feed them to Komodo dragons?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 01:08:53 am »
How about we feed them to Komodo dragons?
I like that.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 02:18:08 am »
I get that we should bury the managers alive IN shit but what can we do?

Fixed that for you.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 02:25:40 am »
I get that we should bury the managers alive IN shit but what can we do?

Fixed that for you.
I meant like in a coffin.