Author Topic: FQA D&D/Pathfinder Game  (Read 48846 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: FQA D&D/Pathfinder Game
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2014, 10:58:25 pm »
Is it bad that I want rent-a-Guyvers Bionoids as enemies later on? Seems like they would be a interesting challenge to fight. Perhaps we can have the items themselves be old Elvish masterworks created in their wars against the humans?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:05:53 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2014, 11:06:19 pm »
And Lilith has the skillmonkey angle covered. I think we've got a pretty decent party together as it is.

Regarding tanks, between a dwarven monk, a fairly beefy cleric, and a guy with a pet mountain lion and spontaneous animal summoning, I doubt we have much to worry about.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:08:28 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2014, 11:07:18 pm »
And Lilith has the skillmonkey angle covered. I think we've got a pretty decent party together as it is.

Cue Mechtaur sending us to the Temple of Elemental Evil for our first game.

Or adapting the Tomb of Horrors to massacre us from the start. Mechtaur's a slippery GM, if I've gauged him right.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:13:44 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2014, 11:11:09 pm »
Well, actually, I was unsure if I wanted to roll a bard or a witch, but if you really want to play a bard, I guess I'll roll a witch then :D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2014, 11:11:50 pm »

Just joking, there's no way he's going to convert it.

My players still resent me for including White Plume Mountain and the Tomb of Horrors in the last campaign. Although the former was actually pretty fun from my perspective, the latter really was going too far.

EDIT: Quick question: How much starting gold do we get to buy equipment?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:13:44 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2014, 11:35:19 pm »
The Class Average sounds fair. You can try to get more, but you do risk getting less.

Or adapting the Tomb of Horrors to massacre us from the start. Mechtaur's a slippery GM, if I've gauged him right.

If I can find any of my old papers, we could do what I call a Nine Hells Crawl, provided you guys actually are wanting a no-holds bar beatdown game. I can of course just try my best to remake it if I can't.

EDIT: Including some stuff.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:40:07 pm by Mechtaur »

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2014, 11:41:38 pm »
Not enough for a longbow then. OK, I'll go with a shortbow for now, and that plus arrows still leaves enough for a longsword and wooden armor, with 4 gp left. My feat will be Spell Focus (Conjuration), which is mostly useless for now but necessary to get Augment Summoning at third level. Skills to follow.

Oh, and I'm bringing a club as well. Never know when you'll be facing bludgeoning-vulnerable undead.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2014, 11:45:46 pm »
Not enough for a longbow then. OK, I'll go with a shortbow for now, and that plus arrows still leaves enough for a longsword and wooden armor, with 4 gp left. My feat will be Spell Focus (Conjuration), which is mostly useless for now but necessary to get Augment Aummoning at third level. Skills to follow.

Just curious, how integral is the longbow to your character?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2014, 11:47:14 pm »
By the way, would everyone be alright with me calling my male witch a "Witcher"?  Because I do plan on rolling one, but it feels weird for him to call himself a "Witch."

Not the same type of witcher as the main character of the titular game/book series, of course.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2014, 11:49:18 pm »
Wouldn't a male witch just be a Warlock?

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2014, 11:50:03 pm »
Not enough for a longbow then. OK, I'll go with a shortbow for now, and that plus arrows still leaves enough for a longsword and wooden armor, with 4 gp left. My feat will be Spell Focus (Conjuration), which is mostly useless for now but necessary to get Augment Aummoning at third level. Skills to follow.

I wanted it to be my primary weapon, but there wasn't any special connection to it. I would add that the party does not have much in the way of ranged combat aside from spells, though.

I believe there's a separate class called Warlock in one of the splatbooks.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:52:32 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2014, 11:53:56 pm »
I see no issue with calling him a Witcher if it bothers you.

A Witch gains its spells through a familiar that acts as a mediator between the Witch and its Pact. A Warlock on the other hand communes directly with the Pact itself, gaining more direct power but also being more closely bound and watched.

I wanted it to be my primary weapon, but there wasn't any special connection to it. I would add that the party does not have much in the way of ranged combat aside from spells, though.

Wipe the rest of your gold and take it if you so choose. After all, I have no proof if you so choose to roll instead and "mysteriously" gain max or close to that amount.

EDIT: Magus, or a mod, would you mind adding the "Character Sheets" to the first post as they come?

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2014, 11:58:21 pm »
If you'll allow me to drop the shortbow and the longsword for it, I will (that would be 45 gp, and only leave me 30 gp over the average). I'd prefer to keep my armor though. I don't have a problem with the gear I have, though.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:05:28 am by Random Guy »

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2014, 12:03:35 am »
If you'll allow me to drop the shortbow and the longsword for it, I will (that would be 45 gp, and only leave me 30 gp over the average). I'd prefer to keep my armor though. I don't have a problem with the gear I have, though.

That sounds fair to me. You don't sound like the type of person who'll be in close-combat too often, so I doubt you'll be bothered by the loss of the LS too much.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2014, 12:11:11 am »
Good idea, I'll gather up the character sheets and add them to the first post after I've posted mine.