Author Topic: Bobbi Kristina Brown (Houston) Found Unconscious in Bathtub  (Read 3729 times)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Bobbi Kristina Brown (Houston) Found Unconscious in Bathtub
« on: January 31, 2015, 04:43:26 pm »
Whitney Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina was found unconscious in a bathtub this morning.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/whitney-houstons-daughter-bobbi-kristina-brown-found-unresponsive-bathtub-n297596

Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of the late singer Whitney Houston, was found unresponsive in a bathtub in her Georgia home Saturday, police said. Brown's husband, Nick Gordon, and a friend found her in the tub in the morning and started CPR, the Roswell Police Department said in a statement. Police and rescue personnel arrived at the home, north of Atlanta, at 10:25 a.m. and performed "life-saving measures" before Brown, 21, was brought breathing to the nearby North Fulton Hospital.

Damn, only after three years after her mother died too, makes me wonder if she was trying to kill herself. I hope that she will be alright.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 04:45:30 pm by Dow Jones »
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Bobbi Kristina Brown (Houston) Found Unconscious in Bathtub
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 05:45:00 pm »
Damn.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 05:51:17 pm »
Poor girl.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 08:13:55 pm »
Whitney Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina was found unconscious in a bathtub this morning.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/whitney-houstons-daughter-bobbi-kristina-brown-found-unresponsive-bathtub-n297596

Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of the late singer Whitney Houston, was found unresponsive in a bathtub in her Georgia home Saturday, police said. Brown's husband, Nick Gordon, and a friend found her in the tub in the morning and started CPR, the Roswell Police Department said in a statement. Police and rescue personnel arrived at the home, north of Atlanta, at 10:25 a.m. and performed "life-saving measures" before Brown, 21, was brought breathing to the nearby North Fulton Hospital.

Damn, only after three years after her mother died too, makes me wonder if she was trying to kill herself. I hope that she will be alright.

Me, too! I hope she's okay.

I tell ya, marrying Bobby Brown was the WORST thing Whitney could have done!

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 12:27:04 pm »
She was revived, and is currently recovering in the hospital.

http://www.people.com/article/bobbi-kristina-brown-condition-update

A day after Bobbi Kristina Brown was hospitalized after being found unresponsive at her home, a source close to the family tells PEOPLE she "is stable at the hospital."

I've seen this pattern of behavior before in other young women.  It seems that they're doing fine until their mother dies, and then they seem to derail from there.  Very sad indeed.

I certainly do hope that if there are any behavioral health issues going on, she's now getting the help she needs.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 01:00:16 pm »
She was revived, and is currently recovering in the hospital.

http://www.people.com/article/bobbi-kristina-brown-condition-update

A day after Bobbi Kristina Brown was hospitalized after being found unresponsive at her home, a source close to the family tells PEOPLE she "is stable at the hospital."

I've seen this pattern of behavior before in other young women.  It seems that they're doing fine until their mother dies, and then they seem to derail from there.  Very sad indeed.

I certainly do hope that if there are any behavioral health issues going on, she's now getting the help she needs.

*whew* Glad she's okay. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 03:28:06 pm »
She's not really okay. The family member who said "stable" was in a state of denial.

Bobbi is in a medically induced coma. Since she was found face down in water in the tub, and then given CPR, we don't yet know how much brain damage she has suffered from anoxia, plus possible early damage from an accidental or suicidal overdose, if that was the initial cause of her passing out in the tub. If she aspirated water, lung damage from that can lead to "dry drowning", or ARDS can develop, which is often fatal in itself. Honestly, this could be another Joan Rivers scenario - she could already be brain dead or severely impaired, should she survive.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 04:58:39 pm »
Hmmm... That link I provided just changed from when I last posted.  The link says "update", and the title of the article was as stated in the URL link. Now the article on the link states that Bobbi Kristina is in a medically induced coma like mellenORL says.  I guess People Magazine was able to update through another source.

I think the relative was trying to not give details for privacy reasons.  That still didn't stop the media though.

What a sad update.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 08:23:56 pm »
Damn! *sigh*

If you want the media off your butt, you don't give folks a false hope lie.

And that one family member said she was in good spirits. Someone in a bed in a coma with tubes isn't "good spirits". Maybe he meant it in a spiritual sense (like Obi Wan Kenobi's 'from a certain point of view' comment), like "Oh, yeah...She's a goner but she's in good spirits in Heaven because she's with her mom, now".......Either that or his denial was so epic that Galactus could swim in it ('de Nile', y'know)!

Well, I guess there'll be a mother-daughter reunion on "the other side" (though I'm one of the very few here that feel that way. But that's my worldview). Seems only a matter of time. She appears to be in a vegetative state, now. *SIGH*

There's something really weird about this. Her dying the same way as mom. Plus, there was apparently police called earlier concerning a fight that apparently died down once they arrived. Police, so far, suspect "no foul play" in this but what happened to both Whitney & her daughter has a very weird thing about it.

Then you had the cousin who was nutty who said stuff about Whitney being murdered.

I'm not judging anybody or any family member but there's something going on.....

EDIT: Now they're saying she wasn't put in a medically-induced coma but is nonetheless still unconscious on a respirator.
http://www.eonline.com/news/620587/bobbi-kristina-brown-update-whitney-houston-s-daughter-still-unresponsive-breathing-with-help-of-ventilator

To the Media.....It doesn't hurt to wait a bit until you get all the facts, dangit!

First she's okay....then she's not okay....she was put into a medically induced coma....now she wasn't....MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!

Methinks that when Ted Turner came up with CNN all those years ago and invented "24 Hour News", he should've nixed that idea in the bud! Now we a new cycle so saturated that they'll report anything without fact-checking and the drive for a scoop has hit "epically serious business territory".
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:21:15 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 09:50:41 pm »
I do have a question. All this time, Bobbi was doing all she could to stay strong and move on. Why lie and say you're doing fine? If you feel terrible, tell someone! Don't kill yourself, tell people you're miserable and see a therapist!

I don't get it. Suicidal people assume their loved ones and friends are psychic. If they were miserable they should tell people. Why keep it oneself?

She had so much going for her, starting her music career, just got married, telling the world she'll never give up! Then this happens.

I know the mental health system is crummy but DAMN! She had money! She could've gotten the finest psych doc money could buy!

I don't get this about suicides. Do they expect people to be psychic and figure out that they want to die.....especially to just say "I feel miserable"?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 01:49:22 am »
Well... for someone who's deeply depressed, you (general you) already feel like you're just a big piece of shit burden to everyone around you, and anyone who has to interact with you.  You don't want to compound the irritation you give off by telling people your problems.  In depression so deep, you feel as if you're doing the world a favor by offing yourself.

At least, that's from my experience.  Every depressed mind may vary.

EDIT:  Also, from studying up on it, it seems that income doesn't really make a difference.    Take Robin Williams, for instance.  He had a lot of money, but in the end he still ended up succumbing.  Even the best shrinks on earth don't know everything about how the mind works.  I don't know if they ever will. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:54:53 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 04:45:16 am »
Well... for someone who's deeply depressed, you (general you) already feel like you're just a big piece of shit burden to everyone around you, and anyone who has to interact with you.  You don't want to compound the irritation you give off by telling people your problems.  In depression so deep, you feel as if you're doing the world a favor by offing yourself.

At least, that's from my experience.  Every depressed mind may vary.

EDIT:  Also, from studying up on it, it seems that income doesn't really make a difference.    Take Robin Williams, for instance.  He had a lot of money, but in the end he still ended up succumbing.  Even the best shrinks on earth don't know everything about how the mind works.  I don't know if they ever will.

You have a point.

I am wondering what was the deal with those conflicting reports? Darn reporters are in such a craving for a scoop that they don't fact-check. What was with that one relative saying she's in good spirits? I've heard of denial but DAMN. That's not even stretching the truth, that's a bald-faced lie! How can someone in a coma be in "good spirits"?

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 03:19:04 pm »
The news media is in the business of reporting news as soon as it happens.  Unfortunately, this leads to a competition among major news networks to be the first to report the information, and sometimes fact checking and verifying ends up taking a back seat in this pursuit.  News media outlets willingly take this risk so they can be first with the breaking news.

Because of it, it's not uncommon for inaccurate information to get broadcasted.  Even worse, this is partly how conspiracy theories arise.

As of now, Bobby Brown is asking for privacy on this matter.  There are reports about Bobbi Kristina's brain function, but they are unconfirmed.  Jumping off what mellenORL said,  it only takes about 3 to 5 minutes for irreversible brain damage to occur, and brain death to occur after about 8 minutes on a person.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 01:33:43 am »
It's not looking to be a good outcome... At least, according to several sources I've read around the 'Net.  It's said the hospital called for her family and friends to say their goodbyes while she's still on life support.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 04:13:24 pm »
It's not looking to be a good outcome... At least, according to several sources I've read around the 'Net.  It's said the hospital called for her family and friends to say their goodbyes while she's still on life support.

Well, that's it. She's left the earth.

Weird how she died the same way as her mom.

What breaks my heart is that these same people will talk about/text stuff about "staying strong", "moving on", "overcoming", "it gets better" or whatever, emphasizing "looking at the bright side" (like Bobbi Brown, Robin Williams, etc.)......It's like they're futilely trying to convince themselves under the guise of convincing and helping others.

Bobbi would go on about "staying strong" & how she was moving on and happily pursuing new ventures and taking charge of her life....

Instead, she's found in a tub, basically brain-dead and will now join her mother.

The news media is in the business of reporting news as soon as it happens.  Unfortunately, this leads to a competition among major news networks to be the first to report the information, and sometimes fact checking and verifying ends up taking a back seat in this pursuit.  News media outlets willingly take this risk so they can be first with the breaking news.

Because of it, it's not uncommon for inaccurate information to get broadcasted.  Even worse, this is partly how conspiracy theories arise.

As of now, Bobby Brown is asking for privacy on this matter.  There are reports about Bobbi Kristina's brain function, but they are unconfirmed.  Jumping off what mellenORL said,  it only takes about 3 to 5 minutes for irreversible brain damage to occur, and brain death to occur after about 8 minutes on a person.

That said, who was that one family member who was saying she was fine and in good spirits? That's not just a misunderstanding, that's a bald-face lie. If I had a loved one that was brain dead and headed for the grave, I would tell people that they're in "good spirits". My denial wouldn't be that flagrant. If I was in denial, I would say "She's asleep but she'll be fine".

I know that folks get initial reports wrong for the reasons you've said, but "REVIVED"? "GOOD SPIRITS"? Those imply that she's awake and talking, not a "vegetative state".

I guess they just were tossing whatever to reporters to get them (temporarily) off their backs....or that one relative was the "weirdo" of the family who probably thinks Smurfs cause static cling.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 04:21:14 pm by Barbarella »