Author Topic: 2016 Democratic Presidential Primaries  (Read 100314 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: 2016 Democratic Presidential Primaries
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2016, 06:18:04 pm »
Next debate?  I have the feeling the DNC is done with televised debates between Sanders and Clinton.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2016, 08:11:28 pm »
Next debate?  I have the feeling the DNC is done with televised debates between Sanders and Clinton.

Really? Not this again. There is no plot by the DNC to rig the primaries. I repeat my previous point, if there were a plot, the DNC would be wanting MORE debates, because every scientific poll that has been conducted confirms that Clinton won and after every debate, the polls tend to show a slight bump for Clinton and a slight dip for Bernie.*

*With the exception of the Garvis poll after the first one, which happens to also be one of the closest polls between Clinton and Sanders.

ETA: After looking at the polls, it looks like Bernie might be moving on up. Last time I checked, on average, he trailed by 25%. Now, it appears to be about 17%. So, if he continues his rise, and if he wins a few primaries, then he could become the front-runner. And, if this does occur, I will tell you what the DNC will do about it: NOTHING. Because they're not in the game of rigging shit for one politician. There is no conspiracy, and without evidence you just sound like you're in a cult.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:21:11 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 05:23:32 am »

There are 3 left; January 17 (NBC), Feb 11 (PBS), and March 9 (Univision).  Either I misread it or they added two more.

Sanders, though, needs to get aggressive with these if he wants to win.  Since the media is all but ignoring him, he needs to channel Trump.  Yes, I just said that!  And I don't mean he needs to sling mud left and right.  But he does need to fight to get noticed.  That means talking less about his usual points and more about national security while slamming Clinton's relationship with Wall Street, etc., as well as jumping in whenever she says something stupid, instead of just standing there laughing.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_democratic_presidential_nomination-3824.html

He's closing on her, and he still has a chance, but he needs to force the media to talk about him if he wants to get ahead.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 05:40:26 pm »

Bernie speaking on Bill Clinton's affairs... In my opinion, the only thing that is totally disgraceful and unacceptable is Bernie's comments. First, Bill Clinton's extramarital affairs are personal issues between Bill and Hillary. Second, why is this even coming up unless, to some extent, Hillary is being defined by her husband... yay sexism. Third, Sanders saying "let's talk about the bloody issues" afterwards does not negate that he brought it up, or at least made the comment that Bill was "totally disgraceful and unacceptable." It would be as though I said "Bernie is a rat bastard, but let's not get into personal attacks." While I support her, I acknowledge that there is plenty in Hillary's past--that is not the Monica Lewinsky fiasco--that Sanders could've, and should've, attacked.

At the very least, maybe now the dems will start getting a little catty. Should make watching their race a bit more fun.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:42:46 pm by The_Queen »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:23 pm »
Ooooooooo-weee, Queen! I can hear nickinack revving up all the way from here!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2016, 09:16:37 pm »
Ooooooooo-weee, Queen! I can hear nickinack revving up all the way from here!

That's cool, you can hallucinate all the sounds you want to hear.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2016, 09:27:45 pm »
I just think it'll be a very intense response. Doesn't take hallucinations to imagine a likely event. Not taking sides on this, btw.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2016, 09:40:28 pm »
I thought she left (because people who didn't worship Bernie posted here, no less).

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 11:03:36 pm »
I just think it'll be a very intense response. Doesn't take hallucinations to imagine a likely event. Not taking sides on this, btw.

I did not post anything to elicit a response from her. I saw the statement, had an opinion on it (not favorable), and I posted it here trying to encourage discussion about it. I did not want to take a "jab" at any individual poster. Instead, I sought a discussion of this event on its merits. Therefore, let's stop speculating about how she would react in this thread. Thank you all in advance.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 11:38:53 pm »

Bernie speaking on Bill Clinton's affairs... In my opinion, the only thing that is totally disgraceful and unacceptable is Bernie's comments. First, Bill Clinton's extramarital affairs are personal issues between Bill and Hillary. Second, why is this even coming up unless, to some extent, Hillary is being defined by her husband... yay sexism. Third, Sanders saying "let's talk about the bloody issues" afterwards does not negate that he brought it up, or at least made the comment that Bill was "totally disgraceful and unacceptable." It would be as though I said "Bernie is a rat bastard, but let's not get into personal attacks." While I support her, I acknowledge that there is plenty in Hillary's past--that is not the Monica Lewinsky fiasco--that Sanders could've, and should've, attacked.

At the very least, maybe now the dems will start getting a little catty. Should make watching their race a bit more fun.

Sanders didn't bring it up though? He was asked a question about Bill Clinton, and the first thing he said was "Hillary Clinton is not Bill Clinton."

You can say that he shouldn't have even said the quoted sentence, and yeah that was unnecessary, but his response in context seems like a clear "No, I'm not doing this, I'm running against Hillary, not Bill"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:28:50 am by Sigmaleph »
Σא

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 11:49:11 pm »
What was the question which elicited this answer? Because I think there is a valid distinction between condemning the affair with Monica Lewinsky and condemning Clinton's response to the affair being made public. That is, who cares if he rooted his intern, but he shouldn't have dissembled about it.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 02:29:22 am »
That looks like an out-of-context quote to me.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 04:39:36 am »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bernie-sanders-calls-bill-clintons-white-house-sex/story?id=36177942

I hear what you’re saying,” Sanders interjected. “Look Hillary Clinton is not Bill Clinton. What Bill Clinton did, I think we can all acknowledged was totally, totally disgraceful and unacceptable, but I am running against Hillary Clinton. I am not running against Bill Clinton, though I understand he has been in Iowa recently.

We have more things to worry about than Bill Clinton’s sexual life

Yep, let's question Sanders on Clinton, rather than on himself.  At least B.S. like this, the 90% tax, and the so-called 'sexist story' he wrote show people are seeing him more as a threat every day. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2016, 05:16:58 am »
The whole quote doesn't seem inconsistent with let's get on with it. Perhaps a gratuitous moralising condemnation but you yanks seem to love it. Personally I think the only thing he did wrong was lying about rooting her.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2016, 01:40:37 pm »
Maybe you should look at the source next time. I may dislike Hillary greatly, but if I saw some quote with her name attached, and the source being Fox News of all places, I'm not going to take it on face value given how untrustworthy, they've proven themselves to be.

Also my main beef is that those on the left in this country are far too willing to roll over an accept politicians who are in reality center-right on the political spectrum as representatives than those who are at least center-left, and we then complain why the public is getting shafted. You know that may just be the problem why we lack a social democracy here, and continue the "America is center-right" bs, add some personal issues that I've been having and you get a whole lot of misery on my part.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:45:01 pm by nickiknack »