Author Topic: The crazy stuff people say on the net  (Read 70378 times)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 08:29:29 am »
CS Lewis was not a deep thinker, but he got a few things right. One is, that the rehabilitation model is subject to greater abuses than the punishment model. The idea of deserved punishment limits the potential for abuse: the government can do so much to the criminal, and no more. Under the rehabilitation model, treatment can continue indefinitely, with no limits, until the criminal is rehabilitated, and of course, the government decides when that is.

The surest way to rehabilitate a juvenile who attacks a stranger on the street, for robbery or for sport, is to amputate both his legs at the hip. If you do that, then he won't attack any more strangers. He will likely become a model citizen, because he won't be able to do anything else.

This would not be cruel and unusual punishment, because it would not be punishment at all. It would be rehabilitation, prevention.

Taken from the comments of this article.

The commenter who made this modest proposal didn't go by the handle J.Swift by any chance, did he?

pyro

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 01:08:37 pm »
HandsomeMrToad, who later said this:

It would depend on his religion. Cutting off a hand is hte Koranic punishment for robbery. So if he were Muslim, maybe that would be an appropriate response.

On the topic of whether you should cut off the hand of a youth who steals something more expensive than a bag of candy.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 01:18:26 pm »
Bloody thirsty little douche/troll.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2016, 09:41:43 pm »

Christ, even Adam West would call that a gigantic leap in logic.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 09:42:57 pm »
WAT.

I bet this poor fool also thinks "Lucy" is still the oldest hominid fossil we have, and that he's the female we originally thought.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 10:17:26 am »
Oh, that's just brilliant. Bartholin glands can clone yer babby! Well, that brings new meaning to the old joke, "spit babies". Just squirt one out, no pregger bellies needed, yah! Let 'em ride around inside yer navel, like a 'roo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartholin%27s_gland

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2016, 05:59:19 pm »
Some WW2 Glossary

RO2 is a really good game, so far it keeps the ballance in check and offers a challenge. But although it has lots of good players there's a lot of confusion and some people troll WW2 as a whole. An event that took that many lives is nothing to be joked about, sure RO2 is a game, play it but respect the dead please.

I would like to explain some things bellow thus if you have a minute-two to read it please do so. The content bellow is unbiased and non-political but rather unravels core origin of this setting.

Here's some basic glossary that should help clear some things out and remove common stereotypes out of sight.

Communism/Commies - Not all Russians are communist, in fact "Russian" has it's own broader meaning. Communism was centered around workforce, not so far from enslavement, the only thing that made Soviet Union great was common people who are good hearted and ethnic centered, communist leaders like any other politician have bad traits and aren't heroes IMHO.

Bolsheviks - Commonly misunderstood even by devs, bolsheviks were mostly ruled by "jews" (explanation later) and real ethnic Russians didn't like them as those often tried to overthrow the system and enslave the people (specially evident in 1917 civil war), war propaganda (common) always uses history and twists it in own agenda no matter which side is responsible. Calling Russians bolsheviks is wrong, equally Soviet and Russian is not same, explanation bellow.

Soviet - A citizen living in Soviet Union where Soviet Union consists of over 1000 ethnicities.

Russian (federal) - Citizen of Russian Federation which consists of Oblasts and has over 800 ethnicities.

Russian (ethnic) - Or more precise Russy are ethnic people of Slavyan and Arii origin (Not to be confused with aryan a nazi era propaganda), the word comes from old Russian Karuna runes Ra and Sa (RaSa, race in english) where Ra is sun and Sa people ie sun people, aka white race (NOT related to skin color). As I like to say, even a black guy coming from the US can be a Russian in Russian Federation but Russy can only be born that way and same rule applies for all of us and our respective origins (we all have one).

Slavyan - Celebrator, one who celebrates Rod (birth of own kind) in Slavya ("Heaven" not to be confused with religious version, ethnic Russy believe Earth is heaven, hell and present), commonly misunderstood as slavs/slavic

Slavs/Slavics - Non-Slavyan tribes of arab and zioni (bellow) origin purged out of North Slavia (latin Tartaria, Russian Empire) for crimes. They now live in the central europe where a project attempted to misuse the Slavia name and create Yugoslavia (YozhnayaSlaviya, south Slavia) the terrirory stands true to this name but people living there aren't ethnically connected only culturally (what they found when they migrated in) same goes for East Slavia (Asia) and West Slavia (Europe)

Nazi - Commonly misunderstood as "nationalist German" this word comes from two words NAtionalist ZIonist where ZION is israel (it's grayic name). Just as for Russians and communists/bolsheviks, calling Germans Nazis is WRONG as Germans aren't ethnically related to zion and their system was abused by an outside influentor, same happened to Soviet people.

Zion - Israel, created as a result of ww2, is actually not exactly a country but a free land uniting several old tribes, these tribes were then cleansed by zionists (bellow) thus zion was formed.

Nationalist - Also commonly misunderstood as patriot (bellow) is a word coming from ethnic Russian Karuna runes NashOnAl-Ishtar (He is one of ours) many languages today were based on the old Karuna and use this word, even Russian is a very small and trimmed version of it with Bukvitsa being a written version used for communication, old one had 44 letters each having 5 meanings, new one is short of 35 with no extra meanings.

Patriot - From greek/latynic Patros, a servant to a lord where lord can be a man leading an army or an entity of belief guiding people.

Jew - A semite, old ethnic tribe of M. E. Semites are believed to be extinct although I believe fragments of their dna remain.

Zionist - A false Jew, false Slavyan, false ethnician, radical resident of zion.

Swastika (general, runic) - Most commonly misunderstood of all in WW2 history (exp bellow), swastika comes from ethnic Russy Karuna runes SWA[rga] (milky way, galaxy) S (toward) TIKA[TI] (movement) ie milky way cycle aka circling of our galaxy center, as can be seen with our planet orbiting Sun. There's not one swastika but over 2000 types of them and they're used in many ethnic cultures most common among Russy (Slavyan) and Hindu Indian (Arii) people, the one nazis used was an obereg rune (bellow)

History - Again, a word from Karuna IZ-TORI-YA - taken from torrah, where torrah is "book" and not specifically torrah, all torrahs are made up by someone thus "history is made"

Swastika (abused by nazis) - The one used by nazis is actually not really a swastika but a rune Fash, Fash is an obereg rune (wearable rune) which means flames, those who wear it are "pyromaniacs" or fascist on purpose.

Fascist - Fash-Ishtar Flames-Person or simpler pyroman, antihuman, antiworld. A nazi doesn't necessarily have to be a fascist and vice versa, anyone can be a fascist but not all can be a nazi.

SS - Another counterfeit on the axis front is actually two symbols (runaic letters that look like bolts but have small hooks beneath) which mean Sila Slavyan (Power of the Slavyans, commonly worn by Bogatyrs on long travels, to western people more commonly as vikings or Victorian Kings), please note that nazis are not Slavyan nor Semitic.

WW2 - Imho, it was a project to kill as many people as possible no matter who's the bad and who's the good guy, in war there's no good guys only survivors and those who orchestrate it are rulers. Some gained territory out of it, some a coutry, some lots of casualties. Regardless of its nature it was the common man who paid the full price. WW2 was also an ethnic struggle between 2 types of people. Western allies did not fully understand this event's ethnic roots thus both USA and UK and such played on both ends of Axis and Allies nonetheless having sustained casualties too.

I hope this clears out some misunderstandings and helped you see the WW2 from a different perspective, enabling you to respect other players more before you pick a side in the game. If you have questions (non-political please) you are free to ask. The whole point of this thread is to remove stereotypes out of the game. I can understand it in arcadey games but RO2 seems more mature thus deserves an aware audience.

Thank you for your time.

I think I might have found the next Time Cube.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 08:57:09 pm »
I literally just saw an argument where someone brushed off fallacy accusations by pointing out the "fallacy fallacy", then not long after, replying with multiple "tu quoque" posts in response to multiple people without a hint of self awareness or irony.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2016, 12:50:39 am »
I literally just saw an argument where someone brushed off fallacy accusations by pointing out the "fallacy fallacy", then not long after, replying with multiple "tu quoque" posts in response to multiple people without a hint of self awareness or irony.

...UP?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2016, 10:41:44 pm »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2016, 11:32:36 pm »
I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. I'm sure there's some political or ideological point being made, I just... can't.
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2016, 11:44:06 pm »
I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. I'm sure there's some political or ideological point being made, I just... can't.

The explanation that occurs to me is that it's trying to lump the Middle East in with Africa to say that everyone there is African, so sub-human.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2016, 12:00:38 am »
Or they're a part of a group of idiots in the Black community that are collectively known by their detractors (myself included.)  as Hoteps, they're basically  a bunch of morons who think that all black people are descendents of Ancient Egyptians (there is so much evidence against this that I could write my fucking history dissertation about that shit)  and they are some of the most homophobic, misogynistic asswipes the black community has also they are fairly ant-science and pretty fucking dumb. Actually I'll show some of the shit I've seen from the assholes. All the images are spoiled because of size.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2016, 12:02:57 am »
Turkey finally gets to be part of Europe by default? I dunno.

pyro

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2016, 12:05:28 am »
Yadda yadda yadda is a very good description of that last one.