Author Topic: National Elections Thread  (Read 77470 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: National Elections Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 08:02:13 pm »
Heh, I remember that picture from the 2008 primaries. Ah, good times.

Yeah, but what makes this one particularly odious is that Scott Baio spoke at the RNC on Monday.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 08:17:35 pm »
Eh, everyone calls politicians they don't like mean names. I know I do. In fact, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that Stephen Conroy is the biggest, filthiest cunt on the planet. So yeah, I don't know about you, but I for one have no place getting outraged when someone else does it.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 11:44:24 am »
Yeah, radical my ass. She's a plain Jane conservative Democrat.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 09:14:59 pm »
Has Twitter already turned #AmericaDeservesBetter into an anti-Republican hashtag?
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 10:08:01 pm »
The RNC in three days managed to incorporate many expies of the original Nazi High Command.

The big ugly fat one the leader consistently makes fun of and who has some of the only passable ideas in ze reich (Chris Christie)
The surly and skull faced propaganda minister who makes a living sewing hatred against those he despises (David Barton)
The faux cultured one who attaches heroic necessity and propriety to the horrors of war and genocide (Michael Flynn)
The brute who does nothing but what his boss tells him, but has fantastic delusions of grandeur of one day leading the charge himself. (Alex Jones)
The idiotic smart guy who is basically a mouthpiece for his bosses, who had a reputation as intelligent due to his station. (Ben Carson)
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 10:25:43 pm »

Good times, man.  Remember when we thought things couldn't possibly get any worse?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 11:22:56 pm »
^Makes you wonder who's going to be running in 2020 that will make Trump look all quaint by comparison.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:25:11 pm by Skybison »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 11:27:59 pm »
Also, the crowd booed Cruz for telling people to vote their conscience.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 11:31:31 pm »
........BWHAHAHAHAHAA!

Ironbite-also Nazi salute

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 12:20:26 am »
........BWHAHAHAHAHAA!

Ironbite-also Nazi salute

It says something about the Republican floor crowd and/or me that the one time Ted Cruz says something I agree with, they boo him.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 03:20:42 am »

Good times, man.  Remember when we thought things couldn't possibly get any worse?

Oh yeah. Then in 2012, the joke candidate from 2008 was the actual nominee, and once again, we all thought they'd surely hit the bottom of the barrel. But nope, they've somehow managed to sink even lower.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 07:16:30 am »
They must now have finally reached the bottom, right?

Oh fuck...

The 2020 Republican ticket: Phil Robertson / Victoria Jackson. Or more realistically Ted Cruz / anyone.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 11:20:01 am »
And then will have Theodore Beale/Eron Gjoni 2024!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 12:15:58 pm »
It's mostly made me bemused, also slightly annoyed why the fuck did the shit have to hit the fan in the first presidential election I'm able to vote in, it's like fate is trolling me or something.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 09:54:56 pm »
Except there's speculation that she, and hold on to your pearls here because you'll want to clutch them, doesn't actually exist.