Author Topic: Why isn't the anti-gay crowd promoting incest?  (Read 9103 times)

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Re: Why isn't the anti-gay crowd promoting incest?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 07:24:59 am »
It is to be noted that the people of Sodom were also guilty of a pretty hefty breach of the rules of hospitality.

Hospitality doesn't get written as large today anymore, but nuking the cities would have been done by any god of that time. Zeus would've used lighting instead of fire, though.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 07:53:18 pm »
Sodom and Gomorrah were generally shitty places populated by nothing but assholes.   Teh Ghey wasn't the issue.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 11:24:37 pm »
The people of Sodom & Gomorrah threw a drunken party, surrounded by aoil, alcohol, and torches, and turned their cities into a giant crate.  Obviously, they couldn't ban alcohol, especially in the sanctity of church, so they needed a skapegoat. 

I guess rather than say, "We learned from this to be more responsibile around alcohol, especially if things that can be set on fire are nearby," they went with, "Kill The Gays!"

Makes sense.

I saw something a while back that said Sodom And Gomorrah were destroyed by the debris from a massive asteroid that passed over raining down flaming rocks. The asteroid proceeded over Europe, clip the top off a mountain(in the Alps I think) before air bursting like in Tunguska. Apparently there were people studying the night sky when it happened and they recorded what they saw on a clay disk that was found and allowed scientists to plot where it came from and where it landed, and the path led it over the supposed location of the cities. There were also weird stuff in soil samples at the impact site which was assumed to by related to the impact.

I don't remember the name of the show but I think it was on the National Geographic channel. Does anyone know of other sources for this?(though I haven't looked myself)
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 09:34:01 pm »
Hospitality doesn't get written as large today anymore…
Hospitality should be serious business. It is all part of how we treat each other as human beings.
-A Pen Name

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 07:34:13 pm »
Remember, while Leviticus banned gay sex, it also banned a whole assortment of other things. They next time you see an anti-gay protester, see if he has shaven or is wearing polyester. Stone him if he does.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Podkayne

• Pope
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 10:08:40 pm »
If you go a step further, everytime they say that stupid, Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, thing, you can point out that if the Adam and Eve model of family is the only acceptible one, they want their own kids to be having sex.
Don't make vague, generic threats, or else!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 07:46:23 pm »
If you go a step further, everytime they say that stupid, Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, thing, you can point out that if the Adam and Eve model of family is the only acceptible one, they want their own kids to be having sex.

Many branches of the Religious Right do want people to have as much sex as possible - but 1) only within marriage and 2) for the express purpose of making babies. It's the whole point of the strange and frightening "Quiverfull" movement. ("Be fruitful and multiply")
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.