Author Topic: Worldview Checkup  (Read 3750 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Worldview Checkup
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 11:52:14 pm »
I suspect the 6% marxist was for the society questions I answered. But I suspect if Jesus did their test he would be predominantly Marxist.

I'm trying to put in the answers that I think Jesus would give...

89% Christian

0% Postmodern

7.1% New Spiritual

0% Islamic

0% Secular

3.6% Marxist

You think in biblical terms most of the time, and your beliefs demonstrate strong affinity with a biblical worldview. Other worldviews are constantly trying to gain a foothold in the minds of Bible-believing people, and although you have a strong biblical worldview, some of your thinking is patterned after other worldviews.

Be encouraged! You are not alone. Only 17% of Christians hold a completely biblical worldview. That means most people at some point or another need resources (like those found on the following page) that can help them guard against invading worldviews.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 02:21:39 am »

0% Christian
29% Postmodern
0% New Spiritual
2.2% Islamic
38% Secular
31% Marxist

The Islamic is definitely the "are yaweh from the bible and allah from the qu'ran the same" question.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 01:36:38 am »
In the Secret Battle of Ideas, your worldview is…
2.6% Christian
37% Postmodern
7.9% New Spiritual
2.6% Islamic
34% Secular
16% Marxist
You do not often think in biblical terms. Other worldviews are constantly trying to gain a foothold in the minds of Bible-believing people, and these views have proven so persuasive that most of your thinking is patterned after other worldviews.
Be encouraged! You are not alone. Only 17% of Christians hold a completely biblical worldview. That means most people at some point or another need resources (like those found on the following page) that can help them guard against invading worldviews.

I'm surprised "postmodern" got higher than "secular" for me because I never really thought myself as following postmodernism or even giving much of a damn about what that word means.

I'm pretty strongly secularist though so that part at least makes sense.

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 12:35:32 am »
Haaaaaa, I remember this thing from a month or so ago. Lemme dig up my results:

0% Christian
45% Postmodern
0% New Spiritual
2.4% Islamic
38% Secular
14% Marxist

I notice there’s no anarchism segment, which is a shame. I also enjoy the 2.4% Islamic, which I’m guessing stems from the “Do you think God and Allah are the same?”

There’s also the notion that I don’t think they know what these terms mean...

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 01:17:31 am »
Haaaaaa, I remember this thing from a month or so ago. Lemme dig up my results:

0% Christian
45% Postmodern
0% New Spiritual
2.4% Islamic
38% Secular
14% Marxist

I notice there’s no anarchism segment, which is a shame. I also enjoy the 2.4% Islamic, which I’m guessing stems from the “Do you think God and Allah are the same?”

There’s also the notion that I don’t think they know what these terms mean...

Obviously Allah is a different entity from my bible's God, why else would they be called different names then? /s

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 03:14:42 pm »
46% Christian
15% Postmodern
0% New Spiritual
7.7% Islamic
31% Secular
0% Marxist

This is what happens when I compare my beliefs with Christians. A lot lines up just fine, but then they bring up Jesus, and I nope the fuck out. I also accept evolution, and Judaism's position on abortion and contraception is actually rather complicated.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!