Author Topic: National Elections Thread  (Read 77465 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: National Elections Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 05:05:29 am »
Call me nitpicking, but isn't there a rule against announcing yourself as a ghostwriter?

If there is such a rule I don't think it applies when it's made explicit in the cover of the book in question.

Schwartz had ghostwritten Trump’s 1987 breakthrough memoir, earning a joint byline on the cover, half of the book’s five-hundred-thousand-dollar advance, and half of the royalties.

And Trump still makes statements like “We need a leader that wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.’ ” He doesn't give a fuck about any evidence when he lies.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 05:31:31 am »
But Crooked Hillary has e-mails and Benghazi and voted for the Iraq War.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 06:29:29 am »
To be fair, I'd tell my principles to fuck right off just for the $250 000, never mind the royalties. That's just me, though.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 09:17:43 am »
Have this bit of cancer I found.

Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 10:14:39 am »
She plagiarized also someone else. When I heard the speech I knew I wouldn't be the only one to catch this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chpEi_QCwfo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chpEi_QCwfo</a>

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 10:46:04 am »
Oh so a few word were changed around but the essence of what she was saying and the fact that what she was saying copied Michelle Obama beat by beat isn't Plagiarism?
Melania clearly didn't know what she was going to be saying before that speech. They probably handed it to her five minutes before she went out to say it. I mean she sounds like a fucking robot reciting lines typed into a computer.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

pyro

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 12:14:41 pm »
If there is such a rule I don't think it applies when it's made explicit in the cover of the book in question.

Schwartz had ghostwritten Trump’s 1987 breakthrough memoir, earning a joint byline on the cover, half of the book’s five-hundred-thousand-dollar advance, and half of the royalties.

And Trump still makes statements like “We need a leader that wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.’ ” He doesn't give a fuck about any evidence when he lies.

Odd, I thought ghostwriters didn't get credited. That's what makes them ghostwriters instead of just authors.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 04:08:24 pm »
So day 1 of the GOP Convention.

Ironbite-how can it get better from here?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 04:32:30 pm »
Well, according to my RNC bingo card, if someone drops the line "Crazy Bernie" or if Mike Tyson makes an appearance and Trump talks about his peepee, then I have a bingo.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 05:26:46 pm »
-insert colorful Nazi reference to Trump and modern Republican party-
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:26 pm »
I love the defence to the charge of plagiarism: "this concept that Michelle Obama invented the English Language is just wrong"

The fact she did this on a day when someone spoke at the convention saying White people had contributed more to civilization than any other race is pretty spectacularly funny. (Although in fairness he was probably talking about the game "Civilization". I mean was Sid Mier white?)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:48 pm »
Because Plagiarism is better story.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 07:33:17 pm »
And because at this point racism is basically the GOP's hat, it's like beating a dead horse (granted it's a dead horse that needs to be beaten repeatedly cause if not, people will forget about it and that's not a good thing.)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 07:35:31 pm »
Oh dear grief this is disgusting:

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 07:48:12 pm »
Heh, I remember that picture from the 2008 primaries. Ah, good times.