Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2025011 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #1005 on: April 19, 2012, 06:04:16 am »
Couple of girls next to me are talking about a gay bar in melbourne that doesnt let that many women in. They hate the club, they dont like it, they want it shut down. But they want to start a petition to lower the ratio of gay men to women.
It's a freaking gay bar, what the hell are they expecting?
I'm actually friends with a couple of women who frequent gay bars only to dance and hang with men with no strings attached. The girls Deimos is talking about are probably the same.
I'm not questioning why they would want to go, I'm saying that women aren't exactly the target demographic of the average gay bar and as such it's perfectly understandable if they don't want to let them in.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1006 on: April 19, 2012, 06:13:23 am »
I'm not questioning why they would want to go, I'm saying that women aren't exactly the target demographic of the average gay bar and as such it's perfectly understandable if they don't want to let them in.

I know, I was just adding that though women are not the target demographic there may still be women who would like to attend. I understand and agree that if this affects the target demographic negatively, than some will and should be left out.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1007 on: April 19, 2012, 06:41:13 am »
Do "gay friendly" pubs count? I'm not gay but I used to go to one in Norwich when I was at uni 'coz it was a really nice pub and was staffed and frequented by rather nice people. Nobody seemed to mind.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1008 on: April 19, 2012, 06:48:01 am »
To be fair, there are actually very few specific 'lesbian bars'. It may seem like there are thanks to the media but there aren't. And also when people think 'gay' some do think of both men and women who like their same sex/gender.

There should be LGBT bars. Then everyone is happy.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1009 on: April 19, 2012, 09:36:22 am »
Honestly, there's a part of me that has a knee-jerk negative reaction to the idea of businesses discriminating based on sexuality or gender, but at the same time, the unofficial "gay behavior not allowed" policies in many bars and clubs (enforced more by those attending than the actual establishment, but still -- who wants to risk abuse simply because they're dancing with someone they find attractive?) pretty much makes it necessary for these places to exist.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1010 on: April 19, 2012, 01:25:25 pm »
Where I live, we have quote en quote gay bars but everyone goes there. Straight allies, gay men, lesbians. They have ladies night, bears night, and 'dance parties' that allow any and all who aren't going to cause trouble.

I don't go to such places because the one type of person they do seem to discriminate against are the handicapped. Too hard to maneuver and stairs. But I can't get ADA involved because of the age of the place, etc.,

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1011 on: April 19, 2012, 04:11:30 pm »
I feel like a bloody ass now.  I had to work today, noon to 5pm.  On one hand, I really didn't want to because my legs are STILL killing me from yesterday (8 hours on my feet lifting heavy shit), but I still wanted to go...I need the money, and I hate making a bad impression on people.  I'm diligent, I want to work...I swear, I'm not just "playing hooky" or anything like that...

I could've had mom drive me to work, but that'd have put me there around 7am, some 5 hours before my shift starts, and Wally World really, really hates overtime.  However, I thought I'd have transport from my grandmother today, so I could get some extra rest, and get to work on time and not have to wait around looking like a jackass.  Well, I called her, annnnnd...she had a vet appointment -right- at the time I needed to be at work.  She's been waiting for this all week, and I couldn't bring myself to have her delay or reschedule it just because of me...

My uncle Reggie is gone on a hunting trip, dunno when he'll be back...my uncle Jay's already been at work for some time, and can't take much of a break, assuming he's not in some city many hours away doing a service call.  Even the neighbor I used a few days ago wasn't home, and wouldn't be in time to get me to work on time.

So...I called in absent, explained my situation to one of my numerous superiors, and I'm here feeling like an idiot.  Ugh.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #1012 on: April 19, 2012, 05:56:42 pm »
I feel like a bloody ass now.  I had to work today, noon to 5pm.  On one hand, I really didn't want to because my legs are STILL killing me from yesterday (8 hours on my feet lifting heavy shit), but I still wanted to go...I need the money, and I hate making a bad impression on people.  I'm diligent, I want to work...I swear, I'm not just "playing hooky" or anything like that...

I could've had mom drive me to work, but that'd have put me there around 7am, some 5 hours before my shift starts, and Wally World really, really hates overtime.  However, I thought I'd have transport from my grandmother today, so I could get some extra rest, and get to work on time and not have to wait around looking like a jackass.  Well, I called her, annnnnd...she had a vet appointment -right- at the time I needed to be at work.  She's been waiting for this all week, and I couldn't bring myself to have her delay or reschedule it just because of me...

My uncle Reggie is gone on a hunting trip, dunno when he'll be back...my uncle Jay's already been at work for some time, and can't take much of a break, assuming he's not in some city many hours away doing a service call.  Even the neighbor I used a few days ago wasn't home, and wouldn't be in time to get me to work on time.

So...I called in absent, explained my situation to one of my numerous superiors, and I'm here feeling like an idiot.  Ugh.

I know that feel, bro. I used to have to rely on rides to get to work, and for a short period of time, I had no other choice but to go in anywhere between 2-5 hours before my shift began. Luckily for me, there was an internet cafe in the same plaza, so it wasn't so bad. But it still sucked not being able to catch up on sleep if I needed to.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #1013 on: April 19, 2012, 06:34:58 pm »
I also have to rely on ride to and from work. Luckily for me, the restaurant is right next to a mall, so I have some where to go if I'm early. Today I just hung out at Starbucks for an hour.

Sucks though.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1014 on: April 19, 2012, 06:52:19 pm »
I have a mouth ulcer (canker sore) on the inside of my lower lip. I've been treating it with baking soda, but it's pretty big and very swollen and painful.

I get those on and off, especially during the cold weather, though mine are inside my mouth.  And while I usually hate taking medicine, Baby Anbesol becomes my best friend!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1015 on: April 19, 2012, 08:01:34 pm »
This girl on the train dumped a guy because she learnt from a friend that he used a coupon to get her a high end necklace for her birthday.
Can I kill her? Preferably with a lot of violence.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1016 on: April 19, 2012, 08:42:57 pm »
This girl on the train dumped a guy because she learnt from a friend that he used a coupon to get her a high end necklace for her birthday.
Can I kill her? Preferably with a lot of violence.
Good gods, really? The fuck's wrong with getting a discount?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1017 on: April 19, 2012, 09:11:41 pm »
Dude's probably better of without her, from the sounds of it. Still, what a bitch.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1018 on: April 19, 2012, 09:38:14 pm »

Frankly, he's better off and can now find someone who isn't snobby unappreciated jerk.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1019 on: April 19, 2012, 11:20:47 pm »
Fiscal responsibility?  The horror.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.