Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1650101 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6390 on: June 17, 2016, 11:20:55 pm »
The worst part is how unsurprised I am Trump fans are making memes about mass murder.

Or authoritarian idol-worship... 
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6391 on: June 18, 2016, 01:04:37 am »
I could make another Hitler comparison, but I think I've run out of them.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6392 on: June 30, 2016, 12:12:37 am »

How the fuck is Pope Francis a communist?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6393 on: June 30, 2016, 12:15:50 am »
Because he does things like suggest that gays just might be human, that divorcees just might not be forever irredeemably tainted, and that non-priests just might be worthy of having the Pope pay attention to them on Holy Thursday.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6394 on: June 30, 2016, 12:48:22 am »
And most importantly mentioned that capitalism has serious flaws.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #6395 on: July 08, 2016, 07:17:55 pm »
I kinda knew from the start the Samara Weaving photo was fake. Yeah, she had blood on her, but she looked so passive about it. She wasn't grimacing in pain like you'd expect or even glassy like someone who's gone psychologically numb after being exposed to more pain than they could handle. And I don't think that hand in the photo is hers. It's probably the make-up artist's.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6396 on: July 13, 2016, 09:41:15 am »
Old but gold: http://imgur.com/gallery/lGE8t Anti-suffragette propaganda.

The main theme's seem to be "these women are ugly, unladylike and if men are forced to do 'women's work' then it is demeaning and horrible."

Note that you will still find the same old "ugly women are always on the 'wrong' side" argument even today. I think one of the many complaints about Hillary Clinton has been that she is ugly and old in comparison to Trump's wife...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #6397 on: July 13, 2016, 03:47:13 pm »
So in the second worst thing I learned today, racist Trump fans (but I repeat myself) have made a popular internet meme about Trump throwing Clinton, Sanders and left wingers in general out of helicopters inspired by Augusto Pinochet's practice of murdering people the same way.

I don't want to stain my browser history by looking them up, but you can see some of them here
http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2016/06/17/memeday-if-donald-trump-offers-you-a-free-helicopter-ride-say-no/#more-24075

The worst part is how unsurprised I am Trump fans are making memes about mass murder.

Yeah fuck those guys.

#killallwhitemen

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6398 on: July 24, 2016, 04:24:55 am »
This exists

That is all.

pyro

« Reply #6399 on: July 24, 2016, 12:09:23 pm »
Why won't that ugly thing die, and that frog along with it!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6400 on: August 04, 2016, 06:10:36 am »

This comic is creating some controversy in Australia and indigenous people are angry at the way the comic represents them.
http://www.smh.com.au/national/is-this-bill-leak-cartoon-in-the-australian-racist-20160804-gqkub9.html
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #6401 on: August 07, 2016, 05:48:55 am »
Bill Leak has done it again!

To me, the really offensive part isn't even the words - it's the horrifying racial stereotyped drawing. It's like something out of fucking Sturmer
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6402 on: August 20, 2016, 01:28:07 am »
Okay help me out, I'm trying to decide if this is Poe or not

On one hand it's fucking stupid and can't possibly be serious.

On the other hand it was apparently posted unironically on an alt-right facebook group.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6403 on: October 13, 2016, 04:19:05 am »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6404 on: October 23, 2016, 01:25:09 am »