Author Topic: Iowa Schools Suprise Assembly turns out to be Hatefest.  (Read 2535 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Iowa Schools Suprise Assembly turns out to be Hatefest.
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:32:33 am »
The video on the link pretty much speaks for itself.

Students at an Iowa high school got a strange surprise at an assembly last week when what had promised to be a (probably pretty boring) presentation about bullying and making good choices took the Christian NuMetal express train to Crazytown.

Leading the assembly was Minnesota-based Christian rock band Junkyard Prophet, a group closely affiliated with You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International (abbreviated to the still laughably long YCRBYCHI), a Christian youth ministry.

You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International (YCRBYCHI) was recently listed as an anti-gay hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

http://gawker.com/5893115/school-assembly-devolves-into-surprise-anti+gay-anti+choice-bash-fest

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: Iowa Schools Suprise Assembly turns out to be Hatefest.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:28 am »
Turns out school officials didn't know that.

Research, dammit.

In addition to informing his young listeners that most gay men will die by age 42, Dean also spends a couple minutes analyzing the lyrics to a Lady Gaga song which, let's be real, we've all done with our gay friends. Later, he divided the students up by sex and told the girls that they "would have mud on their wedding dresses" if they were not virgins at the time of their marriage. The presentation also featured pictures of aborted fetuses, because of course it did.

Yeah... the school or students should sue...
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:21:15 am »
Already here I think.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:59:21 pm »
Why is everything about abortion and homosexuality to these people?  Talk about broken records.

Cloudy

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 04:37:46 pm »
I had to laugh when I heard the name Junkyard Prophet.  I happen to live in Minnesota, so they're a local band around here.  I remember a while back when my friend's brother bought an album of theirs, not realizing that they were a Christian band.  He was quite disappointed when he heard the lyrics.  I'm not sure what worse about them: that they're crazy fundies or that they're a nu metal band.   ;D

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 05:39:33 pm »
Seriously Disco...LEARN TO READ THE GOD DAMN FORUM!

Ironbite-this isn't the first time you've posted something that's already being discussed.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 07:47:51 pm »

Ironbite-this isn't the first time you've posted something that's already being discussed.

I think there is an argument that the title of the other thread was not entirely indicative of the contents within. I should hope we are not all required to read every single thread here.
-A Pen Name

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:46:46 pm »

I think there is an argument that the title of the other thread was not entirely indicative of the contents within. I should hope we are not all required to read every single thread here.

I agree.  I can't even find it.  Is it old or something.

Besides, when people do make a mistake and double post, why can't others just ignore it?
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:49:20 pm »

Christian Rock at School couldn't tell him what the thread was about?  And no, it's not old.  It was post on the 11th and hadn't even left the 1st page of Religion.

Ironbite-which really is where this topic belonged.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 08:53:09 pm »

Christian Rock at School couldn't tell him what the thread was about?  And no, it's not old.  It was post on the 11th and hadn't even left the 1st page of Religion.

Ironbite-which really is where this topic belonged.

Hell, check the third post (which is mine).
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 09:12:54 pm »
Christian Rock at School couldn't tell him what the thread was about?

Uh, how about, no? I have not looked at the thread. At all. Until you brought it up here, I thought it was probably about some fundie school banning rock music, including Christian Rock. Or something along those lines. Never even crossed my mind that it was about a school getting visited by a fundie Christian Rock group.
-A Pen Name

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 09:14:12 pm »
Wow that's just being lazy.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 09:49:38 pm »
Since this a duplicate of an existing thread, I am locking this one.
The original thread can be found here:
http://forums.fstdt.net/religion-and-philosophy/christian-rock-at-school/ DiscoBerry if you wish to put your links there you may, but next time see if a thread on the subject you want to post about already exists first.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman