Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by DarkPhoenix on Today at 10:46:37 pm »
So twelve million people are about to lose their health insurance. No more protections for pre existing conditions and no plan to replace since Trump doesn't have the house anymore all because Trump feels vindicated?

12 million?  If Trump gets what he's pushing for now, the number they're saying is over TWENTY million.  Not to mention absolute chaos in the health care market, since they don't want any kind of ramp down; they want it erased IMMEDIATELY.  So no one will know what is or isn't in effect.  The Dems passed a bill fixing some of the holes in the ACA, but we all know McScumbag won't allow it to come up for a vote.  He's having more fun letting the Green New Deal come up so his idiotic caucus can prove they're the largest bunch of morons to ever hold government in a civilized country.  Witness Mike Lee of Utah using, and I shit you not, Aquaman, Tauntauns from Star Wars, and FUCKING RONALD REAGAN ON A VELOCIRAPTOR to argue that Climate Change is bullshit, and the world would be better off if everyone got married and had more children:

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1110577314612547584

Of course, this is why Obama should have pulled people like Joe Lieberman and Ben Nelson into the Oval Office back in 2010 and politically forced them to go for expanding Medicare, since if Medicare isn't unconstitutional as is, changing the age limit would similarly not be unconstitutional.

One of Obama's largest mistakes as President, honestly; he spent way too much time and goodwill trying to get both the Republicans and the Blue Dog Dems to work with him, when it was obvious that the former were determined to treat him like a foreign usurper and the latter wanted to maintain the status quo at all costs.  And quite frankly, just looking at what Lieberman has done since then... Obama really should have told him to fuck right off.
« Last post by dpareja on Today at 08:31:40 pm »
So twelve million people are about to lose their health insurance. No more protections for pre existing conditions and no plan to replace since Trump doesn't have the house anymore all because Trump feels vindicated?

As I've seen it put, the ruling happened as it did because the judge can't do math: zero is a number, and Congress can levy a tax of $0. (The mandate itself still technically exists; you still have to say whether or not you have coverage.)

Of course, this is why Obama should have pulled people like Joe Lieberman and Ben Nelson into the Oval Office back in 2010 and politically forced them to go for expanding Medicare, since if Medicare isn't unconstitutional as is, changing the age limit would similarly not be unconstitutional.

(Proper federal-level single-payer might be unconstitutional; Medicare as it is, by my understanding, is a public option, as nobody is required to accept Medicare coverage, so public options should be constitutional.)
« Last post by Id82 on Today at 07:12:15 pm »
« Last post by DarkPhoenix on Today at 06:46:11 pm »
I know Mueller has delivered his report but has it been released?

Nope.  We just got a 3-and-a-half page "summary" from Coverup-General William Barr of Iran-Contra fame, summing it up as "Trump didn't do anything wrong!  No collusion!  And all that obstruction you saw him perform on TV and on Twitter?  Well, it's not obstruction if there's no collusion, so he's 100% innocent!  Now everyone drop this and shut up already."

And Trump's doing a victory lap around the US media, with the usual suspects kissing his ass and saying they believed him all along.  In fact, he's in SUCH a great mood, that he's decided to ask them for another favor; the White House handed all the major media outlets a list of people Trump NEVER wants on TV again, and they expect that the media will refuse to show any of them for at least the next two years.

They also decided that since this is such a GREAT victory, they're going to toss their old ACA plan of breaking it apart piece by piece in the trash, and now they're asking for the courts to destroy it altogether.  Tomorrow.  Just make it GONE.
The Lounge / Re: Returns
« Last post by ironbite on Today at 03:41:05 pm »
Of course I remember you.

Ironbite-*stage whisper*  WHO TOLD HIM OUR NEW HOME!?
The Lounge / Re: Things That Annoy You
« Last post by Askold on Today at 12:12:15 pm »
Stressed over the university studies. I'm not getting enough points. Mainly because I'm stupid.
The Lounge / Re: Returns
« Last post by erictheblue on Today at 09:11:27 am »
THE FORUM IS BACK!!!!

I took what I meant to be a short break about 10 years ago, but when I tried to come back, it was gone. I've checked a few times, but there was never anything here. Then something got in my head and I decided to check again, and IT'S HERE!!!!

Don't know if anyone remembers me. (I do see some names I recognize.)
The Lounge / Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 06:01:40 am »
Moonlight should be called sloppy seconds sunlight.

If Mike Wazowski (Monsters Inc) grew hair under his chin, would that hair be his beard or his pubes?
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 05:13:35 am »
Last I checked was about a week or so before the Christchurch shooting, and his activity was definitely tailing off. If I had to guess, by now he's most likely found a new place to spout bullshit or it's finally sunk in that he's nothing more than an object of ridicule, even to fellow royalists/religoes.
« Last post by niam2023 on Today at 04:21:44 am »
So what's going on with our favorite whipping boi?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10