Author Topic: Catholic Church would rather let poor people die  (Read 3995 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Catholic Church would rather let poor people die
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:06:30 pm »
than give them contraception: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/23/catholic/

The Catholic Church has waged a war on the US Government and specifically the Obama administration because the administration is requiring that insurance companies cover birth control for employees of not predominently religious institutions, such as hospitals and schools…institutions that serve the general public and employ the general public, not just Catholics.

The argument from the Catholic Church is that the administration is interfering with their religious liberty, while the Church ignores the liberty of its employees. They are also selectively forgetting all the other laws that prohibit religious institutions from doing whatever the hell they want, starting with laws against molesting children.

That doesn’t stop them from holding their breath till the country turns blue. They are threatening to turn away all non-Catholics from Catholic hospitals and even worse, close them all down.

In a statement that would put most drama queens to shame, the Archdiocese of Washington had this to say about the issue:

“1. Our more than 600 hospitals nationwide, which will need to stop non-Catholics at the emergency room door and say, ‘We are only allowed by the government to heal Catholics.’

“2. Our schools, which will be required to say to non-Catholic parents, ‘We are only allowed by the government to educate Catholics.’

“3. Our shelters, on cold nights, which will be required to say to the homeless who are non-Catholics, ‘We are only allowed by the government to shelter Catholics.’

“4. Our food pantries, which will be forced to say to non-Catholics, ‘the government allows us only to satisfy the hunger of Catholics.’ ”

Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York has already threatened that they will stop feeding the poor.

A few months ago, Chicago’s Francis Cardinal George went even further.

“What will happen if the HHS regulations are not rescinded?” he asked. A faithful ministry must choose between selling itself to a non-Catholic group, paying “exorbitant annual fines” until going bankrupt, breaking its ties to the Church’s “moral and social teachings and the oversight of its ministry by the local bishop,” or closing down.

There are currently 600 Catholic hospitals in the US (more than one in 10 American hospitals). One in six Americans will visit a Catholic hospital this year. For many Americans, a Catholic hospital is the only hospital within a reasonable distance. Millions of people will be left virtually without healthcare, simply for not being Catholic.

Call them on their bluff. Those hospital make tons of money for the Church. They wouldn't close them, they're just throwing a tantrum like a spoiled child that had to share his toys.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Catholic Church would rather let poor people die
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:13:37 pm »
Didn't some Jesus guy teach something about charity and helping those in need?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:07:02 am »
TGRwulf, you ignorant slut, don't you know the Pope trumps Jesus?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 01:10:20 am »
You know, a bunch of celibate, child-free old men living in a castle in Italy who can't keep their mitts off little kids have no business dictating moral policy to the rest of us. The fact that they don't even notice the hypocrisy of withholding care from the poor and such doesn't help them in this debate either.

Hey, RCC? Stop digging.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 01:30:56 am »
Not surprized.

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:53:19 am »
Is the Catholic church trying to kill itself? Jegus tits, at this rate we'll need to put the Pope on suicide watch.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 03:03:46 am »
I'm with Gye on this.  Call their bluff.  Watch them shrivel and die.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 04:06:04 am »
than give them contraception: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/23/catholic/

The Catholic Church has waged a war on the US Government and specifically the Obama administration because the administration is requiring that insurance companies cover birth control for employees of not predominently religious institutions, such as hospitals and schools…institutions that serve the general public and employ the general public, not just Catholics.

The argument from the Catholic Church is that the administration is interfering with their religious liberty, while the Church ignores the liberty of its employees. They are also selectively forgetting all the other laws that prohibit religious institutions from doing whatever the hell they want, starting with laws against molesting children.

That doesn’t stop them from holding their breath till the country turns blue. They are threatening to turn away all non-Catholics from Catholic hospitals and even worse, close them all down.

In a statement that would put most drama queens to shame, the Archdiocese of Washington had this to say about the issue:

“1. Our more than 600 hospitals nationwide, which will need to stop non-Catholics at the emergency room door and say, ‘We are only allowed by the government to heal Catholics.’

“2. Our schools, which will be required to say to non-Catholic parents, ‘We are only allowed by the government to educate Catholics.’

“3. Our shelters, on cold nights, which will be required to say to the homeless who are non-Catholics, ‘We are only allowed by the government to shelter Catholics.’

“4. Our food pantries, which will be forced to say to non-Catholics, ‘the government allows us only to satisfy the hunger of Catholics.’ ”

Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York has already threatened that they will stop feeding the poor.

A few months ago, Chicago’s Francis Cardinal George went even further.

“What will happen if the HHS regulations are not rescinded?” he asked. A faithful ministry must choose between selling itself to a non-Catholic group, paying “exorbitant annual fines” until going bankrupt, breaking its ties to the Church’s “moral and social teachings and the oversight of its ministry by the local bishop,” or closing down.

There are currently 600 Catholic hospitals in the US (more than one in 10 American hospitals). One in six Americans will visit a Catholic hospital this year. For many Americans, a Catholic hospital is the only hospital within a reasonable distance. Millions of people will be left virtually without healthcare, simply for not being Catholic.

Call them on their bluff. Those hospital make tons of money for the Church. They wouldn't close them, they're just throwing a tantrum like a spoiled child that had to share his toys.

So somehow helping everybody = not helping Catholics?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 07:43:13 am »

And what a fucking bunch of lies that would be. So much for Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness.

WWJD? Not feed the poor, right Timmy?
-A Pen Name

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 08:11:56 am »
In a sense they are right. If they wish to without rights to their employee based on religious grounds, then they can really only serve a strictly religious purpose. That is the only way they can hold on to their precious religious immunity. Unfortunately the real world does not work that conveniently and the profits from catholic hospitals and schools will quickly make the church realize they would rather keep them open, and further will have to loose their immunity.

I vote for calling their bluff.

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 09:43:25 am »
They're not even trying to hide the fact that they want to control everything in the world, are they?
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline mice34

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 11:06:09 am »
If this is news to anybody, they have no familiarity with the Catholic Church whatsoever.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 12:01:11 pm »
What a bunch of idiots.  I guess somebody better tell the Catholic Church that the Dark Ages are over and we're in the 21st Century.

Ironbite-man what fucktards.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 05:19:50 pm »
And yet my family fails to realize why I hate their religion with every fiber of my being...
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 06:39:48 pm »
In recent days the church swings insanely from the hysterical to the infantile.  This is what happens when your belief system becomes marginalized.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.