Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387086 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2017, 11:55:04 am »
I guess your quoting the Daily Bell who are known for promoting belief in "cultural Marxism" seems a tad socially conservative, especially when there are less long winded explanations that don't involve pegging responsibility on the phenomenon on to one particular faction or persuasion.

Cultural Marxism is a thing. And even if the site is socially conservative, that doesn't make me so for agreeing with them on some things. I agree with Dick Cheney on same-sex marriage, but that doesn't make me a neocon.

As for why I picked that article, I wanted a more elaborate analysis of the term. I also wanted to discuss it in a social justice context. But you're right, it's not just used by SJWs.

Regardless your belief that the effect of racism in the election was exaggerated should be coupled with reasons why. The fact that more minorities voted for Trump than Romney is not sufficient. It doesn't actually show that this invalidates the theory that racism played a major role in Trump's election.

I do believe that it played a significant role, I just disagree with the notion that it was the factor.

...This story has continued escalating: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/5876de6be4b0f8a7254484d6?timestamp=1484189321777

Now the British spy who was the source behind "Trump paid to be peed on by Russian prostitutes" story has fled his home and is hiding from assassins?

Much as I'd like to believe the story's true, I'm going to err on the side of skepticism for now:

http://reason.com/blog/2017/01/10/hey-heres-that-obviously-fake-dossier-cl

During the press conference yesterday, Trump's stoolies brought out a bunch of folders filled with papers they wouldn't let reporters see because it contained his "business plan".  The papers were all blank.

Ironbite-WE'RE ALL GONNA FUCKING DIE!

It's worse than that. The papers were supposed to address ethics concerns.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

pyro

« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2017, 03:40:45 pm »
During the press conference yesterday, Trump's stoolies brought out a bunch of folders filled with papers they wouldn't let reporters see because it contained his "business plan".  The papers were all blank.

Doesn't sound any different from the "diploma" at my college graduation ceremony. The real one was sent in the mail.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2017, 05:55:33 pm »
Cultural Marxism is a thing, a conspiracy theory invented by paranoid anti semites thing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQo6LI3Y7c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQo6LI3Y7c</a>

FFS, if you believe that modern identity politics is secretly a shadowy fifth column of super secret Marxists then you give them a hell of a lot more organisational credit than what guys like this are due.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2017, 05:57:48 pm »
It was only 75 years ago that the Nazis were literally on a crusade against cultural bolshevism. I could never have predicted a more transparent rebrand.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2017, 06:13:44 pm »
Cultural Marxism is a thing, a conspiracy theory invented by paranoid anti semites thing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQo6LI3Y7c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQo6LI3Y7c</a>

FFS, if you believe that modern identity politics is secretly a shadowy fifth column of super secret Marxists then you give them a hell of a lot more organisational credit than what guys like this are due.

Just because a term's frequently (mis)used by paranoid anti-Semites doesn't mean it's not real.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2017, 06:23:10 pm »
Anyone else have him randomly PM them? Apparently because im not a fan of BLM he thinks im "like the type of guy I can get along with.". LOL. Im not a right wing nut job like him. Might like BLM or third wave feminism, but im still a a million miles away from him.

What makes you think I'm a "right-wing nutjob?"

I can't speak for IanC, but your generally anti-feminist, anti-PC attitude, complete with references to "cultural Marxism" is a dead ringer for "right-wing nutjob". You predictably take up the cause of the right-wing outrage-of-the-week (remember Vox Day tampering with the Hugos?) and FQA always pummels you for it. You've got nothing else.

Nothing except 8-year-olds, dude.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. This is why even though Ironchew is an edgelord, I enjoy him. Because he gots smarts.

Man all this cultural marxism gives me deja vu. Lana, are you Dynamic Paragon 3.0?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2017, 06:37:47 pm »
If this is a third Ultimate Dragon sock I have to give points for tenacity if nothing else.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2017, 06:43:11 pm »

Just because a term's frequently (mis)used by paranoid anti-Semites doesn't mean it's not real.

Uncle:Yes Comrades, we will bring about a workers revolt in the west by dividing the left into competing tribes that are happy so long as they have enough people from marginalized grouplets in executive level jobs.
Igor:Oh fuck, he's been at the Stolichnaya again...
Uncle:: Igor for the gulag, MORE STOLICHNAYA FOR EVERYBODIES!!!
Igor *as trapdoor opens beneath his feet*:Aiiieeeeeeeee...

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2017, 07:47:24 pm »
Anyone else have him randomly PM them? Apparently because im not a fan of BLM he thinks im "like the type of guy I can get along with.". LOL. Im not a right wing nut job like him. Might like BLM or third wave feminism, but im still a a million miles away from him.

What makes you think I'm a "right-wing nutjob?"

I can't speak for IanC, but your generally anti-feminist, anti-PC attitude, complete with references to "cultural Marxism" is a dead ringer for "right-wing nutjob". You predictably take up the cause of the right-wing outrage-of-the-week (remember Vox Day tampering with the Hugos?) and FQA always pummels you for it. You've got nothing else.

Nothing except 8-year-olds, dude.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. This is why even though Ironchew is an edgelord, I enjoy him. Because he gots smarts.

Man all this cultural marxism gives me deja vu. Lana, are you Dynamic Paragon 3.0?

Are you trying to deflect the conversation?

Uncle:Yes Comrades, we will bring about a workers revolt in the west by dividing the left into competing tribes that are happy so long as they have enough people from marginalized grouplets in executive level jobs.
Igor:Oh fuck, he's been at the Stolichnaya again...
Uncle:: Igor for the gulag, MORE STOLICHNAYA FOR EVERYBODIES!!!
Igor *as trapdoor opens beneath his feet*:Aiiieeeeeeeee...

OK, let me make one thing clear: I don't think Cultural Marxism is some kind of grand conspiracy. Just want to put that idea to rest.

Offline Artyom15

• Neonate
« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2017, 08:18:35 pm »
Well at least Trump did pretty great in my opinion with his pick for Secretary of Defense. Literally the only good thing I expect him to do on purpose.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/james-mattis-defense-confirmation/

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2017, 08:36:04 pm »
Oh FFS Lana, Cultural Marxism is a theory where the Joos Frankfurt School conspired to destroy western civilization from within, because reasons. That is a conspiracy theory from it's foundation stone up.

As far as the United States is concerned historically the greatest proponents of identity politics were Democrats pre Nixon and Republicans post and none of the people promoting the identity politics I'm referring to were remotely Marxist.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2017, 09:08:22 pm »
Oh FFS Lana, Cultural Marxism is a theory where the Joos Frankfurt School conspired to destroy western civilization from within, because reasons. That is a conspiracy theory from it's foundation stone up.

As far as the United States is concerned historically the greatest proponents of identity politics were Democrats pre Nixon and Republicans post and none of the people promoting the identity politics I'm referring to were remotely Marxist.

Yeah, that theory's bogus. But that doesn't mean Cultural Marxism doesn't exist. Why don't you take a breather and read my article again?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2017, 10:14:39 pm »
The article cites Trent Schroyer as coming up with the term, Schroyer's thesis is still that the Frankfurt School were cultural Marxists because they cited Marx in developing Critical Theory.

Great, fun and good except that Marx's theory that dialectical materialism was the driver of history, is based on certain things being objectively true, like conflict being caused by material needs-according to Marx anyway. Critical theory which gave birth to postmodernism flatly rejects objectivity in knowledge. The Frankfurt school could be reasonably said to be influenced by Marxism, or post Marxist but Marxist-it aint.

Western Marxism did indeed depart from Soviet Marxism b/c piles of corpses will turn off anybody but none of the people constructing the shibboleth of "Cultural Marxism" have shown that the people they called "Cultural Marxists" were in fact, you know, Marxist.

The real reason "Cultural Marxism" was embraced by paranoid nutzoids everywhere is that at the time "Marxist" was the trigger word that led conservatives to circle the wagons much like "Muslim" is now. At best both Marxists and some of the ideological descendants of the Frankfurt School are both involved in social justice movements for their own reasons.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #358 on: January 13, 2017, 12:42:19 am »
Alright Lana, having read your article I am going to have to call bullshit on the Cultural Marxism thing.

a) Your article claims that it can be used for more than the conspiracy theory and talks about several decades old thingy which has never been talked about again.

b) When someone talks about it now they are talking about the conspiracy theory, this includes the website that you were defending. That the phrase once had a different meaning is a red herring. Example: If someone calls me a "faggoty barbarian cuck" would fairness demand that I consider that he he may be using the original meaning of "barbarian" which referred to people living north of Rome who did not speak latin (as I sadly do not) and ignore that he also used the words "faggoty" and "cuck" and was clearly insulting me? Context matters.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2017, 01:10:08 am »
Alright Lana, having read your article I am going to have to call bullshit on the Cultural Marxism thing.

a) Your article claims that it can be used for more than the conspiracy theory and talks about several decades old thingy which has never been talked about again.

b) When someone talks about it now they are talking about the conspiracy theory, this includes the website that you were defending. That the phrase once had a different meaning is a red herring. Example: If someone calls me a "faggoty barbarian cuck" would fairness demand that I consider that he he may be using the original meaning of "barbarian" which referred to people living north of Rome who did not speak latin (as I sadly do not) and ignore that he also used the words "faggoty" and "cuck" and was clearly insulting me? Context matters.

You mean to tell me that Dynamic Paragon 3.0 did NOT read their links. Well, color me shocked.