Author Topic: Mongol gender equality  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Mongol gender equality
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:02:53 pm »
I saw this article and and it made me feel better about the world, plus the photos are absolutely amazing.

Photographer Asher Svidensky made a four-month trek through western Mongolia, mostly on horseback, and found Han Gohadok and his daughter, Ashol Pan, who had expressed a desire to take up the full-time profession that is centuries old.

Good thing, too, since the ancient pastime is said to be a dying part of Mongolian culture, as young men are leaving their families and the hunting duties behind. As a result, more girls are becoming eagle hunters to replace their brothers, according to the Mail Online.
source

The Daily Mail link in the article has additional photos, but is a pretty shit-tastic article.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Mongol gender equality
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:06:54 pm »
The Daily Mail link in the article has additional photos, but is a pretty shit-tastic article.
Well, what do you expect from the Mail?

But anyway, I'm not exactly surprised.  Mongol women have had good status for a very long time.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:10:05 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Re: Mongol gender equality
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:19:40 pm »
Well, what do you expect from the Mail?

A headline that is objectively wrong and proven so in the body of the article, a tagline that doesn't even get any mention in the article, and a least one glaring spelling error that was made because spell check doesn't know when you mis-gender someone if you spell the word correctly... I'd say the Mail is pretty much meeting my expectations.  ;)