Author Topic: The next George Zimmerman  (Read 6428 times)

wrightway

The next George Zimmerman
« on: July 16, 2013, 08:39:53 pm »
Or at least the media wants to dub him so.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/news/spooner-darius-simmons-shooting-trial-170359879.html

Police say John Henry Spooner confronted Darius Simmons, who lived next door with his mother, as the teen took out the trash. Spooner, who is white, had suspected that Simmons, who was black, stole $3,000 worth of shotguns from him, and demanded that the sixth-grader return them. Simmons denied stealing the guns, and his mother, Patricia Larry, told Spooner to go back inside.

Instead, prosecutors say, Spooner pulled out a handgun and shot the 13-year-old in the chest from near-point blank range.

I'm getting so sick of this shit.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: The next George Zimmerman
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:41:37 pm »
I'd say this one is much more clear cut than Trayvon. Like, seriously, what possible fucking excuse does he have? That said, I'm joining Omega and Ziggy in the stars, because I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 09:19:48 pm »
Seriously? This is just fucking stupid. It's an 11 year old.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 09:32:12 pm »
Christ, that photo of his mother is utterly heartbreaking.

Seriously? This is just fucking stupid. It's an 11 year old.

13. Not that that makes it better.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 09:33:45 pm »
Yeah this isn't as confusing and stupid as the Zimmerman case.  This is a clear cut case of MURDER!

Ironbite-enjoy having the rest of your life waste away behind bars idiot.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 09:44:49 pm »
I'd say this one is much more clear cut than Trayvon. Like, seriously, what possible fucking excuse does he have? That said, I'm joining Omega and Ziggy in the stars, because I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Of course there's an excuse.

Spooner was charged with first degree murder. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 09:52:17 pm »
You gotta be shitting me. He actually pulled the insanity defense? Does he not know that if that's successful it usually ends up worse than being convicted of murder?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 09:54:12 pm »
Nope.  He just doesn't want a death sentence or life in jail.

Ironbite-not sure he knows that life in a psyche ward only ends when the doctors say you're fine....and they don't always do that.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »
Wait, I'm experience deja vu.

Didn't something nearly identical happen a year back where an old man murdered the next door neighbor's son?  Then the police proceeded to interrogate the mother and had her older son in the back of the car while the kid's corpse laid in the street?

Wait, I think this IS that person.  He's only getting his trial NOW?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:52 pm »
When people get old, have heart problems and atherosclerosis, it seriously affects their judgment abilities and emotional control. The brain is not getting enough oxygen, chronically, and it accelerates the onset of brain cell degeneration.

Just like the elderly have to be examined for fitness to continue driving after a certain age, or diagnosis of dementia or serious vision problems, gun licenses need a safe guard to prevent the "Get Off My Lawn" syndrome from killing more innocents.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:58:48 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 11:56:16 pm »
Self-defence, lol. Probably tried to ward away the gun I was aiming at his head, and all. Maybe he used drugs or even got a suspension in school. Clearly the nig... I mean, he deserved to die.

How does a 13 year old carry 600 bucks worth of shotguns? ShotgunS- two or more. That's going to be pretty difficult to transport.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 01:39:43 am »
Wait, I'm experience deja vu.

Didn't something nearly identical happen a year back where an old man murdered the next door neighbor's son?  Then the police proceeded to interrogate the mother and had her older son in the back of the car while the kid's corpse laid in the street?

Wait, I think this IS that person.  He's only getting his trial NOW?
Trials take a very long time.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 02:01:36 am »
Self-defence, lol. Probably tried to ward away the gun I was aiming at his head, and all. Maybe he used drugs or even got a suspension in school. Clearly the nig... I mean, he deserved to die.

How does a 13 year old carry 600 bucks worth of shotguns? ShotgunS- two or more. That's going to be pretty difficult to transport.

It said $3000. It's perfectly easy to carry two $1500 shotguns. That said, it's pretty obvious it wasn't this kid that did it. Why on earth you would even assume its the 13 year next door that did it is beyond me. Not even the guy I suspect is a klansmen is racist enough to immediately jump to a kid next door. Hell, why would you steal from someone who lives right next to you anyway? Anyone not smart enough to know that definitely isn't smart enough to break in to a house.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 02:58:11 am »
It said $3000. It's perfectly easy to carry two $1500 shotguns. That said, it's pretty obvious it wasn't this kid that did it. Why on earth you would even assume its the 13 year next door that did it is beyond me.

Black, lol
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 11:35:28 am »
Spooner is going senile in the mean/instant anger/paranoid way. I've witnessed this first hand over just a two year period as the old dude who is landlord of a rented-out condo next door went from pleasant, witty and warm to the ice cold, snarling freak who pounded on my door to tell me to never let my dogs into the back yard unattended again. Because they barked at him for five minutes when he started up an electric hedge trimmer  :o . The two dogs are little, cute and not dangerous looking. There is a secure fence and tall, thick hedge between the yards. This was the one and only time this ever happened! He just could not cope with the barking noise while I was in the shower. If he'd had a gun with him, I have no doubt he would have pointed it in my face, he was so totally fucking raging.

The apparent onset of senility or Alzheimer's can seem sudden; it's when the frontal cortex finally suffers enough deterioration that emotional control just....ends, basically. Most people show serious signs of memory lapse or reasoning ability early on, instead, and remain the sweet, loving grand parent you always knew. It's dangerous and tragic when the onset is the angry old man thing, instead.  Another thing, just looking at his photo, Spooner looks 85, not 75. He is really breaking down fast. Probably been living alone, unvisited, watching FOX News all day. There are time bombs like him all over the country. They are living on tiny, fixed incomes, they live in old, deteriorating housing, surrounded by younger poor people who are different (not white) and thus "scary". They self-isolate and eat cheap crappy diets, don't exercise since they are too scared to take a walk in the neighborhood, become very weak and frail and super paranoid. Yeah, they want guns! That empowers the fuzzy thinking and paranoia. Remember that old man who jumped a school bus, killed the driver, and kidnapped a little boy, then held him hostage in an underground bunker for a week?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.