Author Topic: First openly transgender homecoming queen crowned  (Read 2290 times)

wrightway

First openly transgender homecoming queen crowned
« on: September 21, 2013, 11:01:44 pm »
So, this is awesome:

http://news.yahoo.com/california-teen-named-nation-s-first-transgender-homecoming-queen-053444443.html

"If I win, it would mean that the school recognizes me as the gender I always felt I was," Cassidy said in an interview with the Los Angeles Times . "But with all the attention, I realized it's bigger than me," she said. "I'm doing this for the kids who can't be themselves."

Marina High administrators have also received positive attention for their response to Cassidy’s campaign.

"If Marina High School is to make high-profile news during its homecoming week this year," Morrow said in a statement published by the Times, "then we are proud that the message is one of equity and individual respect."

Good for her! Good for the school! I think this a great step in the right direction.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: First openly transgender homecoming queen crowned
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:32:03 pm »
No! The faggots, dykes and trannies had finally got California and they've finally brought forth their agenda to ban Christianity! RIP California, now the fag state. [/fanatical Christian asshole]

Actually, I'm sorry that I would even jokingly spew vile homophobic and transphobic slander like that.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:40:56 pm »
Don't read the comments. Just... don't.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »
No! The faggots, dykes and trannies had finally got California and they've finally brought forth their agenda to ban Christianity! RIP California, now the fag state. [/fanatical Christian asshole]

Actually, I'm sorry that I would even jokingly spew vile homophobic and transphobic slander like that.

If it's transphobic douchebaggery you want, just read...NEARLY EVERY FUCKING COMMENT ON THE ARTICLE. Ugh.

That said, congratulations to Miss Campbell.

wrightway

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 11:43:54 pm »
I refused to look at the comments. I'd rather just be happy for that delightful girl.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 11:54:49 pm »

It's Yahoo. Forget about it. The comments from that site, and the fact that it represents more or less than half of this country make me want to-

I mean, this shit rivals YouTube comments.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 11:55:55 pm »
That's good, although I hope the school allows gay couple to be two kings or two queens.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 12:34:21 am »

On the bright side I did manage to find one person on Yahoo who possessed more than one brain cell.

Wow everybody here is so ignorant about Biology. Gender does not depend solely upon your X and Y chromosomes. And trasngender isn't about just physical gender. It's about how the person identifies mentally.
 And don't people say that your body is irrelevant and its your soul that really matters? Well then, this teen's soul is female. The body isn't. But so what?

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 01:22:36 pm »
Aw, this story made me smile. ;)