Author Topic: Someone dissect this, because I don't want to.  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
Someone dissect this, because I don't want to.
« on: May 12, 2012, 06:52:46 pm »
This guy.

He seems more aware than the average bear, but we still get hilarious lines like:

During the 1950's our nation experienced a surge in economic growth; it was a period of great prosperity. This is the time when the term, "The American Dream," came into reality. If you watch the 50's show, "Leave It To Beaver," you can get an idea of what society was like back in that time. You had the man that went out and made a pretty good living. You had a wife that stayed home and attended to the children, the home and her husband's needs. You had two or more children and they were healthy and on the road to being well educated. Most of the diseases that had plagued our ancestors had been either tamed or obliterated and the life span here in the States was growing by leaps and bounds. There was a lot to be thankful to God for.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: Someone dissect this, because I don't want to.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:10:08 pm »
Mostly it says that a little bit of reverse printing -- white on black -- goes a very long way.  A sub-theme is, just because one has nothing original to say it does not necessarily mean that one relays nothing briefly.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:30:26 pm »
There are times when someone is simply wasting your time to feel important.  Apparently, because the "religion of evolution" was added to textbooks, everything went to the potty, and we can blame the religion of Atheism for that.

Since the "Golden Age" being the wonderful times of "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Leave it to Beaver" which were totally representative of the average American lifestyle, think of how our lifestyles have changed because the "religion of evolution" has lead to complete moral deterioration! 

Look!  I pull statistics out of my ass with no regard for population increase and use that as the foundation of my proof!

Look!  I keep referencing how when we take God out of society and allow the religion of Atheism any leeway, look at what happens to our society!

Look! I keep blaming evolution even though it's happening as we speak!

Look!  I keep acting like a modern Sadducee and when some minority religion challenges the prestige and influence of my complacent and hypocritical but totally populist religion, it starts to crumble like it did two thousand years ago when some hippie Jewish freak was healing on the Sabbath and breaking all sorts of other well-established institutions designed to entrench their religion so they wouldn't have to do anything!

Umm, wait a second, that's not what I meant....
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 09:08:42 pm »
I only skimmed through it, but it seems he doesn't realize what the pledge originally said.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 09:34:23 pm »
1950s that was when the top tax bracket was like 90% right?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 08:09:33 pm »
Okay, this guy simple states facts but happily ignores the social, political, and economic reasons that brought those facts about.  He could have saved all those words and just said "things got worse as people turned from God."  It is a shorter argument and makes it much quicker for rational people to see he has little to no clue.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:39:40 pm »
America should be a theocracy because causation equals correlation. Got it.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:45:22 am »
If you watch the 50's show, "Leave It To Beaver," you can get an idea of what society was like back in that time.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 02:50:10 am »
Shows like Leave It To Beaver reflected how people in the 50s wanted their lives to be like.

I can imagine it 50 years from now. "Remember when you could afford a large NYC apartment on a  waitress's salary, like in Friends? We need to return to those days!"