Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by niam2023 on Today at 09:27:41 pm »
I believe it is false and unhelpful to declare that every single person who voted for Trump to be completely, utterly, irredeemably evil.  Most humans are morally complicated and posses a mixture of good and bad traits (ie my dad was a loving father who dedicated his life to help others as a parole officer because he truly wanted to help others.  He was also a homophobe who told me when I first asked what a gay person was that they were selfish people who didn't follow God's plan).

But to say that Trump voters did something morally wrong and bare responsibility for it does not amount to that.  You can say that someone has done wrong without claiming them to be 100% evil.

Is it morally right to vote for a candidate for whose favor the game was rigged? Maybe I should go around telling off Hillary voters for "supporting corruption".

A lot of Americans were caught between a rock and a hard place. There were many who either stayed home or . And I don't blame them. After the revelations that the DNC rigged the game in Hillary's favor, I don't think we have any right to judge people who didn't vote for her.

How many of you understand why so many people voted for Trump? How many of you have looked more deeply into the matter? I've looked, and if I'm honest? For a lot of these people, I can understand, even sympathize with why they did it, even if I don't like the result. Instead of looking down on people for exercising their democratic rights in a way we didn't like, I think we should try to understand their grievances and motivations.

Nazi apologia is completely revolting.

The right choice is never the Nazi. I'll vote lizard over wizard any day, and those that don't cannot be held to be unaccountable for their choices. We do not need to understand the motivations of these people. Voting Trump, heiling him in Nazi style, and supporting white supremacy makes abjectly unremarkable people feel better. That is it. All there is to understand.

They're afraid of the world leaving them behind, and indeed. The world should leave these walking slime molds behind.
« Last post by The_Queen on Today at 08:53:50 pm »
I believe it is false and unhelpful to declare that every single person who voted for Trump to be completely, utterly, irredeemably evil.  Most humans are morally complicated and posses a mixture of good and bad traits (ie my dad was a loving father who dedicated his life to help others as a parole officer because he truly wanted to help others.  He was also a homophobe who told me when I first asked what a gay person was that they were selfish people who didn't follow God's plan).

But to say that Trump voters did something morally wrong and bare responsibility for it does not amount to that.  You can say that someone has done wrong without claiming them to be 100% evil.

Is it morally right to vote for a candidate for whose favor the game was rigged? Maybe I should go around telling off Hillary voters for "supporting corruption".

A lot of Americans were caught between a rock and a hard place. There were many who either stayed home or . And I don't blame them. After the revelations that the DNC rigged the game in Hillary's favor, I don't think we have any right to judge people who didn't vote for her.

How many of you understand why so many people voted for Trump? How many of you have looked more deeply into the matter? I've looked, and if I'm honest? For a lot of these people, I can understand, even sympathize with why they did it, even if I don't like the result. Instead of looking down on people for exercising their democratic rights in a way we didn't like, I think we should try to understand their grievances and motivations.

Hey, Paragon, didn't we have this conversation like 80 pages and six months ago. Didn't we already shut you up on the point, Paragon. Now, 80 pages later, you renew this argument, Paragon, thinking that we all forgot.

Fuck off.
« Last post by davedan on Today at 08:41:02 pm »
Your link about how you've looked deeply is a dead link. But given how deeply you've looked into the matter why not elucidate us with your views. Personally I don't see how anyone could ever equate Trump as being the lesser of two evils. I mean people will say they were duped but it was pretty fucking obvious.
« Last post by Eiki-mun on Today at 07:58:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)
« Last post by ironbite on Today at 07:56:46 pm »
God that's a lot of nothing to post.

Ironbite-like honestly a lot of nothing to post.
...A spree killer who said his motivation was that he didn't get sex and was envious of men who got sex. Also it is somehow the fault of the women.

And based on the picture he wasn't even unattractive looking (well, that's just my opinion though) so I am gonna make a wild fucking guess that his personality was the biggest problem he had.

Goddamn "niceguys" blaming others for their own problems. I admit that sex and intimacy are important for most people but a) There are ways to improve yourself to make yourself more attractive to others. b) Prostitution is always an option.

And for the record: Murderer-fandom is really fucking creepy.

Oh, don't get me started on that. There was a time when I wanted to hit every Tsarnaev fangirl with a clue-by-four.
« Last post by Lana Reverse on Today at 07:31:17 pm »

Society and History / Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Last post by Askold on Today at 02:53:51 pm »
...A spree killer who said his motivation was that he didn't get sex and was envious of men who got sex. Also it is somehow the fault of the women.

And based on the picture he wasn't even unattractive looking (well, that's just my opinion though) so I am gonna make a wild fucking guess that his personality was the biggest problem he had.

Goddamn "niceguys" blaming others for their own problems. I admit that sex and intimacy are important for most people but a) There are ways to improve yourself to make yourself more attractive to others. b) Prostitution is always an option.

And for the record: Murderer-fandom is really fucking creepy.
« Last post by dpareja on Today at 02:35:39 pm »
Heard on a Youtube livestream:

When Paul Ryan goes into his kitchen to make himself a sandwich, he comes out with a bill to cut taxes on the rich.
It looks like Elliot Rodgers to be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10