Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I love how the "muh religious freedom" types are conveniently ignoring that a baby cannot hold religious beliefs or agree to be circumcised.
Now that I think about it, we could use a similar project for a certain other global organization with a pedo problem.
Science and Technology / Re: Google facing multiple lawsuits
« Last post by Lana Reverse on Today at 02:17:58 pm »
My take away from all this was that discriminatory statements aren't protected speech in American workplaces hence the court found what everyone has been saying. That Damore was promoting discrimination.

One forumite will beg to differ but like Damore, they haven't a leg to stand on. Can we call this a wrap now?

There was no "court." There was a lawyer who advised the advised the NLRB. Also, I can't help but notice that the article doesn't single out any discriminatory statements Damore made.

And before you say game over, I'd like to have a one-on-one serious discussion with you regarding the legal and ideological side of this. No insults, no condescension, no personal attacks. What say you?

Tol, you are being hopelessly naive.  Like a certain cancerous cyst of a movement, this bullshit will spring up every now and then just when you'd forgotten about it in a desperate attempt to keep it relevant.  Even though that bridge burned down a long fuckin time ago.

Hunter, it's going to be relevant as long as Damore's lawsuit remains ongoing, at the very least.
The Lounge / Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 09:38:01 am »
"Now Seeking Altar Boys
See Father Pete O'Phile
For Further Details".
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by Askold on Today at 09:36:56 am »
http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/21/twitter-just-purged-russian-bots-trump-fans-crying-followers-vanish-7329362/

So, there are only two possible explanations:

a) Trump-cultists had been getting thousands of retweets and followers that were really bots trying to make them more visible and think that they have more support.

2) Social media is under the control of SJW-COMMIE-MUSLIMS who are trying to silence proud American patriots.

And since one of those explanations would include admitting that Trump-cultists have been duped so of course it can't be that. They are stable geniuses after all.
« Last post by RavynousHunter on Today at 09:19:28 am »
Tol, you are being hopelessly naive.  Like a certain cancerous cyst of a movement, this bullshit will spring up every now and then just when you'd forgotten about it in a desperate attempt to keep it relevant.  Even though that bridge burned down a long fuckin time ago.
They're probably worse in countries the Vatican all but outright owns like Italy (duh) and Brazil.  Easy to keep the child-fuckers safe when you are essentially god in your country.
Good, be rid of that shit.  More countries need to follow suit.  At the absolute best, it is a largely (except in certain circumstances) unnecessary form of cosmetic surgery; something that should be performed on adults, like all other forms of elective surgery.  At worst, it comes from an age where people would empty chambre pots into the streets and hadn't quite figured out the whole "don't start a fire in the middle of your floor" thing.
The Lounge / Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Last post by RavynousHunter on Today at 09:10:52 am »
"Screw the Eucharist,
Eat Trejo's Tacos."

^-- On a Catholic Church.
« Last post by Tolpuddle Martyr on Today at 06:59:08 am »
My take away from all this was that discriminatory statements aren't protected speech in American workplaces hence the court found what everyone has been saying. That Damore was promoting discrimination.

One forumite will beg to differ but like Damore, they haven't a leg to stand on. Can we call this a wrap now?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10