Author Topic: The Three Stoodges and Bill Donohu  (Read 4695 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
The Three Stoodges and Bill Donohu
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:12:05 pm »
Oh this is gonna be fun!

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/13/catholic-league-three-stooges_n_1423500.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

"The Three Stooges" opens around the country today (April 13th), but there is one group that has already deemed the film a stinker.

The Catholic League's President, Bill Donohue, has put out a statement condemning the movie for its disrespectful portrayal of Catholics, specifically nuns. Donohue claims that the movie is more evidence of the increasing hostility towards religion and Catholics in Hollywood:

And he goes on to say....

In the 1950s, Hollywood generally avoided crude fare and was respectful of religion. Today it specializes in crudity and trashes Christianity, especially Catholicism. Enter the “The Three Stooges.” This movie is not just another remake: it is a cultural marker of sociological significance, and what it says about the way we’ve changed is not encouraging.

So because a crappy movie doesn't treat religion with kid gloves....we as society are bad?  Aww how itchy boo-boo!  Well let's just look at a still from the movie to see how they portray religion shall we?

....well I can see why he'd be upset.

Ironbite-I mean look at her...she doesn't have a beer for Curley to enjoy the slut!

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: The Three Stoodges and Bill Donohu
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:44:49 pm »
Catholicism condemns The Three Stooges, then wants to be taken seriously.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 07:02:57 pm »

Say what you will about the Mormon Church, but at least they didn't flip their shit when The Book of Mormon came out. It really says something when the Church of Latter-Day Saints is more rational than you.

Also, sexy nun outfits have been around for a long time, so it's not like they're doing anything new.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:40:42 pm by Wykked Wytch »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 07:13:51 pm »
Even Jesus thinks Bill is a douche.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3IXpEcBZk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3IXpEcBZk</a>
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 08:49:50 pm »
I'm more incline to watch the movie now, just to piss Donohue.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:22 pm »

Say what you will about the Mormon Church, but at least they didn't flip their shit when The Book of Mormon came out.

Well it's not like they could get angry about anything. From what I heard, it was an accurate portrayal of their religion.

Also, sexy nun outfits have been around for a long time, so it's not like they're doing anything new.

is that an actual scene from the movie?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 01:21:35 pm »

Say what you will about the Mormon Church, but at least they didn't flip their shit when The Book of Mormon came out.

Well it's not like they could get angry about anything. From what I heard, it was an accurate portrayal of their religion.

is that an actual scene from the movie?

Given that it is in the trailer, it was at least filmed. I suppose there is always the chance that it is one of those scenes that make it into the trailer before ultimately getting cut, though. But I doubt that is particularly likely.
-A Pen Name

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 02:40:24 pm »

So you means it's a comedy?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »
Today I learned that a Three Stooges film is coming out. and Bill Donahue hates everything.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 07:57:03 pm »
Not shocking, Bill Donohue bitchs about everything, and I have a theory that he jerks off to the thought of the Hays Code making a comeback.