Author Topic: Saw an ad for a Disney World event...  (Read 1634 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Saw an ad for a Disney World event...
« on: September 06, 2012, 08:48:22 am »
...Felt out of touch because the only band I recognized on the entire list of performers is a Christian-rock band I never really got into.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/special-events/night-of-joy

Then I saw the phrase "contemporary Christian music festival."  So.  The Walt Disney Company sponsors a Christian music festival every year on the grounds of their largest theme park, even though they know that most Christian-brand-only music consumers despise Disney.

I predict drama this weekend in Orlando.  Sweet, sweet drama.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:51:05 am by TheL »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
Re: Saw an ad for a Disney World event...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 08:55:51 am »
...Felt out of touch because the only band I recognized on the entire list of performers is a Christian-rock band I never really got into.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/special-events/night-of-joy

Then I saw the phrase "contemporary Christian music festival."  So.  The Walt Disney Company sponsors a Christian music festival every year on the grounds of their largest theme park, even though they know that most Christian-brand-only music consumers despise Disney.

I predict drama this weekend in Orlando.  Sweet, sweet drama.

It's even more delicious when you realise they've run Gay Days at their parks... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 09:37:10 am »

It's even more delicious when you realise they've run Gay Days at their parks... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

From what I understand, Gay Days at Disney are actually outings run by LGBT groups, not by Disney itself.  Disney allows Gay Days, it doesn't run them.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 11:49:56 am »
So Christians are angry at Disney for...refusing to kick people out of their parks just because they're gay?

Wow. That's harsh.