Author Topic: Shooting at Black Church in Charleston  (Read 14093 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Shooting at Black Church in Charleston
« on: June 18, 2015, 09:55:38 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-downtown-charleston-south-carolina-031543897.html

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — An intense manhunt was under way Thursday for a young white man who joined a prayer meeting and then opened fire inside a historic black church in downtown Charleston, killing nine people, including the pastor, in what authorities called a hate crime.

Police released photographs from surveillance video Thursday morning of the suspect and a dark colored sedan that may have been the getaway vehicle.

"This is a very dangerous individual," Police Chief Greg Mullen said. "We want to identify this individual and arrest him before he hurts anyone else."

The suspect stayed for nearly an hour at the prayer meeting Wednesday night before shooting the victims — six females and three males, Mullen said.

Mullen did not give other details and said names would be released after families were notified.

But State House Minority leader Todd Rutherford told The Associated Press that the Emanuel AME Church's pastor, state Sen. Clementa Pinckney, was among those killed.

My prayers are with the family and friends of the deceased.   :( 

And I hope they catch the shooter.  Monstrous, loathsome excuse for a human being...

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Shooting at Black Church in Charleston
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 11:20:07 am »
It's a hate crime btw.  They've labeled it a hate crime.  Can't wait to see how they justify this.

Ironbite-also I want the media to start calling the shooter a terrorist.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 11:57:19 am »
Another "responsible" gun owner that was only observed as irresponsible after he killed nine people.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 11:58:52 am »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:19 pm »
Another "responsible" gun owner that was only observed as irresponsible after he killed nine people.

Let me try and understand where you're coming from.  Do you support profiling of gun owners?

They've caught him.

Good!  Looks like Michael Slager will have some company.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:19:46 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 12:28:06 pm »
Charge him with terrorism and throw him in the same cell block as that Boston Marathon bomber kid.

Ironbite-time white people started being called what they are.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 12:54:30 pm »
So glad they got this POS. Saw this atrocity reported when I got up at six. Now that he's in custody, I will have a little less outrage eating at me.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 01:32:22 pm »
Ironbite-also I want the media to start calling the shooter a terrorist.

Hear hear, it's about time lefties had something more modern than Timothy McVeigh and the killer of George Tiller to counterbalance the bloodbath of islamic terrorism you've all been such good apologists for this last couple of decades.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 04:04:35 pm »
Oh something that's been pointed out to me.  They arrested him with narry a struggle.  Meanwhile you've got black kids getting shot for having a toy guy in their laps.

Ironbite-*sips tea*

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 06:26:01 pm »
Contrarian, your bait is so ripe, it's rotting. No terrorism apologists on this board, but why would you bother to read while lurking?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 06:50:28 pm »
*sighs* Fuckin' hell...

Well, he very much admitted he wanted them dead, if eyewitness testimony is any indication (just remember that eyewitness testimony is the least reliable form of evidence). I figure he was getting his ideas from his parents or the internet. But I agree on calling him a terrorist.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 07:05:27 pm »
Contrarian, your bait is so ripe, it's rotting. No terrorism apologists on this board, but why would you bother to read while lurking?

Of course not XD

It is quite telling how this thread begins with condolences for the victims and their families, in contrast to, say, the thread about the Charlie Hebdo massacre where the first few comments amount to OMFG THE POOR MUSLIMS!!!ONE!

#TotallyNotProgressiveBrainwashing

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 07:27:23 pm »
"brainwashing", because its easier to dismiss your opponents points by saying they didn't come about their ideas themselves - they were "brainwashed" into them.

Get it into your thick skull - I was not brainwashed by anything or anyone.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 08:10:20 pm »
I'm glad they got that sick freak!

I'm taken by how he didn't commit the crime right away, he just walked in there and waited until they were doe. I wonder if he joined in the prayer meeting....giving the victims a false sense of security?

About TheContrarian, just ignore him and ban him. He's just an inferior troll breaking wind.

My heart goes out to the victims families and survivors (if any).

Are there any survivors? Tell me he didn't succeed at killing them all! There has to be survivors. Someone saw this and reported it. There surely were survivors, wounded or otherwise.

What really makes this tragic is that this little punk managed to kill so many. You'd think there would be more wounded survivors. You'd think in a room full of people running around there would more wounded than physically dead.

I read some articles, he was observing the service. The church invited him to join but then he pulled out his gun and started shooting while yelling epithets. How many people were at this meeting? Maybe there was a large amount and a bunch wounded and a bunch more living unharmed survivors and the nine who were sent to the afterlife were just really in close physical proximity to this guy.

I just can't accept that there was like only nine or ten people in a big room and one little dim-witted punk successfully managed to quickly kill them all despite all the struggling like he was some sociopath white supremacist male murderer answer to Annie Oakley. Even if it did happen as I described, I just can't accept it.

What gets my goat is that, like the Sandy Hook shooting, their will probably be no change in gun laws! Hopefully, in relation to all the Police-brutality stuff going on and the big movement against it, maybe....MAYBE something might be done!

I'll just say to myself, "Death is not the end. The victims are victors. They're still alive, they live in the hereafter. They caught the perp & his afterlife will be awful, unlike the victims, who are happy in a beautiful new world".

Hopefully, 2016 will be the year that the tide turns for the better. We need to vote all as much wingnuts out as possible, vote in as much sane people as possible & vote Bernie or Hillary into the White House! Bernie would be far better but if he doesn't get the nomination, Hillary would have to do. I'm sick of all this "Reaganomic/Teabagger/Religious Right/Koch Brothers/Wingnut" kookfest. Almost all the gains made in the 20th Century have been reversed. It's a tragedy.

At least America is waking up and a new Progressive Movement is emerging, along with a new anti-Police Brutality Movement.

[Removed the 'Crazy Ranty' bits]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:43:12 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 09:16:29 pm »
Okay, seriously, did SpukiKitty hack Barbarella's account?
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen