Author Topic: Terror attack in Brussels  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Terror attack in Brussels
« on: March 22, 2016, 11:17:08 am »
So a terror attack occurred at an airport in Brussels so far thirty four  people are confirmed dead, and 200 more are injured. Seems to have been a suicide bombing.

Deadly explosions rocked a Brussels airport and train station Tuesday morning, just days after the suspected mastermind of last year’s Paris terror attacks was captured.

Belgian media reported that at least 14 people were killed in a bombing and an apparent suicide attack at the Zaventem airport, where gunfire was also reported. An additional 20 were killed in blasts that occurred an hour later at the Maelbeek metro station, transit officials told Flemish public broadcaster VRT.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brussels-airport-explosions_us_56f0f754e4b084c6722146dc

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Terror attack in Brussels
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 04:29:19 pm »
Oh boy, are we going through this again?

EDIT: and of course, the #PrayForTheWorld hashtag has started. I think right now we need a little less religion, not more.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:33:32 pm by Dakota Bob »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 05:38:25 pm »
Oh boy, are we going through this again?

EDIT: and of course, the #PrayForTheWorld hashtag has started. I think right now we need a little less religion, not more.

Is this really the time to preach?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:49:11 pm »
So you and Dakota Bob agree.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 05:52:33 pm »
A) I'm not "preaching"

B) Since this isn't going to be the first or last time something like this happens, why not now? Do you tell people to not talk about gun control after a shooting? I'm gonna contain myself here because I'm ready to tip my fedora over this all day.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 05:56:20 pm »
A) I'm not "preaching"

B) Since this isn't going to be the first or last time something like this happens, why not now? Do you tell people to not talk about gun control after a shooting? I'm gonna contain myself here because I'm ready to tip my fedora over this all day.

Ever heard the phrase "too soon?"

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 06:04:32 pm »
A) I'm not "preaching"

It is clear that he has because he responded with 'if not now, when?'.

I have to stop, you can't possibly be this stupid. Your whole persona is just about baiting people isn't it?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 06:15:15 pm »
A) I'm not "preaching"

It is clear that he has because he responded with 'if not now, when?'.

I have to stop, you can't possibly be this stupid. Your whole persona is just about baiting people isn't it?

That was a rhetorical question.  I was merely trying to demonstrate that trying to promote your agenda almost immediately after a tragedy just comes off as tacky and insensitive.  Here's my advice: wait a couple days for things to cool down, then play politics.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 06:16:37 pm »
Right. Wait for the issue to not be fresh, and bring it up once nobody cares anymore. That always works out.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 06:45:02 pm »
Cuz our prayers fight fire with fire, yup. Fight radically politicized Islam with cliché Christian slacktivism. Huggie Hashtags, not hatred. Platitudes beat dogma. Quick, toss soggy white bread on that bomb fire, gaize!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 01:04:39 am »
I just want to point out that the prayers are a sign of sympathy and the religious people who spread the hashtag are (probably) not doing it to spread their religion but to show their support for the people who suffered in these terror attacks.

...I am more appalled at the racists who started to use these attacks to support their agenda literally as soon as they heard about the attacks. Like a few politicians in Finland who joked about how "Belgium is also joining the anti-racism week" and all those morons demanding the death of ALL Muslims because of these attacks.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 01:05:23 am »
Drumpf just called Belgium a city and called for moar waterboarding. He also suggested the Belgian police should hand all terror suspects over to the military because that would do...something.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 01:06:49 am »
Well, in Nazivision, Belgium basically is a city on the way to France.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 03:41:27 pm »
It's a bad year for europe. Feels.

pyro

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 04:27:09 pm »
Drumpf just called Belgium a city and called for moar waterboarding. He also suggested the Belgian police should hand all terror suspects over to the military because that would do...something.

Yawn. Mr. Bad Hair Day is getting boring.