Author Topic: Xcom: Enemy Unknown was not complete at release!  (Read 1515 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Xcom: Enemy Unknown was not complete at release!
« on: October 17, 2012, 02:55:07 am »
I knew it! I fucking knew it! The AI that causes your game to get stuck at the “Alien Movement” phase was a major hint. It would seem that fans have been digging around the games file and found a whole lot of unfinished, interesting stuff!

Second Wave
The first major discovery was “Second Wave” a hidden menu of additional game options and later confirmed by the devs.

(click to show/hide)

• Damage Roulette: Weapons have a much wider range of damage
  • New Economy: The funding offered by individual council members is randomized
  • Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats
  • Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, their stats will increase randomly
  • Red Fog: Any wounds taken in combat will degrade a soldier's stats for that mission
  • Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot will guarantee a critical hit
  • The Greater Good: The secret of psionics can only be learned by interrogating a psionic alien
  • Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete
  • Results Driven: A country will offer less funding as it's panic level increases
  • High Stakes: The rewards granted for stopping alien abductions are randomized
  • Diminishing Returns: The cost of satellites increases with every one that is built
  • The Blitz: The aliens will target a larger number of cities every time they launch an abduction attack
  • More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare

How many of these were in the original X-com game, anyone care to guess?

Cut stuff in the Balance Mod

The Balance Mod, well:

While I was going through the files for the game I noticed a few things that struck me as odd. In the code there is a line that allows players to detect UFO's that are conducting terror missions as well as abduction missions but for some reason it's turned to off by default. I can only guess the reason why is because they assume the game will be too easy if you can find all the UFO's that are conducting these missions. I on the other hand disagree with that because from my own testing I found that it makes the game harder since you have to deal with more UFO's.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:59:50 am by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Xcom: Enemy Unknown was not complete at release!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 12:05:27 am »
The question really is will these be free or paid