Author Topic: Do we love God?  (Read 16698 times)

Offline arunangelo

• Neonate
Do we love God?
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:21:55 pm »
God forgave us by sacrificing his own life, so that, we, who betrayed him may have peace and joy for all eternity. He told us that if we love him we would keep his commandments by loving one another as he has loved us.
Therefore, do we love God, if we:
1) refuse to forgive others as God forgave us?
2) have hate, greed, revenge, pride and lust in our heart?
3) refuse to sacrifice our own interest in order to bring healing to those who hurt and betray us?
4) refuse to stay faithful to our marriage covenant when there is hurt and betrayal?

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: Do we love God?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:25:55 pm »
A classic, though overused and old-fashioned response to a post by the same fly-by evangelist:

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:27:53 pm »
Arunangelo, elaborate, please...

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:44:52 pm »
Why in goddess's name did you put this thread here?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:02:47 pm »
God forgave us by sacrificing his own life,
Is God still alive? Yes? Then he sacrificed nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 10:08:51 pm »
God forgave us by sacrificing his own life, so that, we, who betrayed him may have peace and joy for all eternity. He told us that if we love him we would keep his commandments by loving one another as he has loved us.
3) refuse to sacrifice our own interest in order to bring healing to those who hurt and betray us?
4) refuse to stay faithful to our marriage covenant when there is hurt and betrayal?

Why the fuck would an omnipotent God need to do that.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 10:17:02 pm »

Speak for yourself. I didn't betray anyone. Not that I'd care either way, what with god being such a dickhole.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

wrightway

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 10:29:24 pm »
So god sacrificed himself to himself to save us from himself? Am I reading that right.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 10:35:37 pm »
I would worship a supreme being, under the circumstances that:
  • He/She/It comes down in whatever form he/she/it has (like a hand from something like Black and White), so I can verify his/her/it's existence. I've had enough of this "he is there and he is not silent" bullshit. I need a literal body of evidence.
  • Also isn't an omnicidal maniac bent on killing or making miserable the lives of nonbelievers, skeptics and/or anyone who isn't strictly obedient.
  • His/Her/It's policies isn't bullshit that denies us of free will. Just punishment only for actions that are truly reprehensible.
Since this "God" god represents none of the above, I choose to not follow this "man" ("supreme being," if that offends you). And because this is real life and not some fantasy world too, I really don't see a good reason to anyway.

Also, to this person, there is no Jesus Christ, so that's why he/she claims 'he' sacrificed himself.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:37:11 pm by Alehksu Kihdo »

Offline BigChrisfilm

• Apprentice
  • This just happend?
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »
  • He/She/It comes down in whatever form he/she/it has (like a hand from something like Black and White), so I can verify his/her/it's existence. I've had enough of this "he is there and he is not silent" bullshit. I need a literal body of evidence.
  • Also isn't an omnicidal maniac bent on killing or making miserable the lives of nonbelievers, skeptics and/or anyone who isn't strictly obedient.
  • His/Her/It's policies isn't bullshit that denies us of free will. Just punishment only for actions that are truly reprehensible.
Since this "God" god represents none of the above, I choose to not follow this "man" ("supreme being," if that offends you). And because this is real life and not some fantasy world too, I really don't see a good reason to anyway.

Also, to this person, there is no Jesus Christ, so that's why he/she claims 'he' sacrificed himself.

What if God isn't something you can physically see? Like a person? I know I believe Jesus is in human form at the moment but you're speaking of God. If you're speaking of my God I don't know much about what he looks like other than that he is 3 separate beings, yet one. What makes you think you'd be able to handle that, assuming it is actually something you can see? Also, if you believe what I do, he did come here once before. Actually more than once, but who's counting. While he was here there were people who still didn't believe he was God. Even though they looked him right in the eye. What makes you think you'd be any different? (Not trying to make this hostile, I'm just legitimately asking you these question genuinely wanting your response.)

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 11:52:26 pm »

What if God isn't something you can physically see? Like a person? I know I believe Jesus is in human form at the moment but you're speaking of God. If you're speaking of my God I don't know much about what he looks like other than that he is 3 separate beings, yet one. What makes you think you'd be able to handle that, assuming it is actually something you can see? Also, if you believe what I do, he did come here once before. Actually more than once, but who's counting. While he was here there were people who still didn't believe he was God. Even though they looked him right in the eye. What makes you think you'd be any different? (Not trying to make this hostile, I'm just legitimately asking you these question genuinely wanting your response.)

If the Abrahamic god (or any god) has no physical form, not even someone who can be seen, I would honestly... be very scared. Que fire and brimstone Christians exclaiming "See what I said? The fear of God is what makes us human!"

Also, ex-Christian here. I never payed attention to this 'God' and 'Christianity' stuff because I never liked going to church and often times I couldn't help but to think stuff like praying, miracles and most events of The Bible were nothing short but bombastic.

(I also apologize for not being able to come up with a response that wouldn't make me look like an asshole in any shape or fashion.)

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 11:52:38 pm »
Fuck the Abrahamic God. At least my Gods (Odin and Loki) are honest about being dicks.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 11:59:25 pm »
Do we love God?

wrightway

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 12:02:30 am »
I always question the actual power of a deity that could create all of existence and yet not present itself physically in a form humans could handle. I've also always wondered why he had to come once and in a form that so many would doubt. If someone showed up tomorrow looking like Dr. Manhattan the world would at least acknowledge there's something going on instead of acting like House in the episode where he tricked a fellow into diagnosing Jesus as schizophrenic.

Offline BigChrisfilm

• Apprentice
  • This just happend?
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 12:42:11 am »
I always question the actual power of a deity that could create all of existence and yet not present itself physically in a form humans could handle. I've also always wondered why he had to come once and in a form that so many would doubt. If someone showed up tomorrow looking like Dr. Manhattan the world would at least acknowledge there's something going on instead of acting like House in the episode where he tricked a fellow into diagnosing Jesus as schizophrenic.

I never said me couldn't. There are a few examples of him doing just that in the Bible.

Also to attempt to answer your questions. He only came once because that all it took to accomplish what he was trying to accomplish. Also coming to earth as man/human was needed to accomplish what he was here to accomplish.