Author Topic: Do we love God?  (Read 16695 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Do we love God?
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2013, 07:15:32 pm »
You make donuts.  Get Maple Syrup.  Make Frosting out of Syrup.

Ironbite-CONSUME FROSTING BECAUSE FUCK THE DONUTS!

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2013, 08:32:55 pm »
Yaweh, no. Primus-sama, Yes.
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2013, 01:21:22 pm »
Make cookie dough, eat the cookie dough because fuck baking.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2013, 01:30:35 pm »
Make cookie dough, eat the cookie dough because fuck baking.
No thank you. Last time I did that, I was the laughing stock of the local burns unit.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2013, 05:29:30 am »
God forgave us by sacrificing his own life, so that, we, who betrayed him may have peace and joy for all eternity. He told us that if we love him we would keep his commandments by loving one another as he has loved us.
Therefore, do we love God, if we:
1) refuse to forgive others as God forgave us?
2) have hate, greed, revenge, pride and lust in our heart?
3) refuse to sacrifice our own interest in order to bring healing to those who hurt and betray us?
4) refuse to stay faithful to our marriage covenant when there is hurt and betrayal?
1)I do my best to forgive others, way beyond any reasonable point. It's not out of loyalty to your god or anything like that. It is quite simply because I've been a right dickwad to people in the past, and was forgiven by them (including one who I threw to the ground for pulling on my jacket, while he already had a concussion, because I was in a horrible downward spiral at the time). The things that got me out of that spiral were love and metal, which was also something that me and the person I love bonded on. I was later forgiven by the person I threw to the ground as well as our circle of friends.
2) We're human. That's all. Again, I do my best to not hate (old me would have hated you, for example, and I forgave the aforementioned girl for cheating on me). Greed is just to make our lives better, and revenge is another human thing. Pride? I don't get it either, sorry.
3) I did. Not all of us are the same, even when they're an atheist Marilyn Manson fanboy.
4) Well, I'm not married, just in an extremely over complicated relationship, but my parents did stay together and work things out and heal. Again, broad sweeping statements don't work.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2013, 02:52:21 am »
I'd like to add that none of those are necessarily good (or bad, in the case of #2). It's all about moderation. Holding grudges over every inconvenience is bad. Being a doormat is also bad.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2013, 03:32:05 am »
I'd like to add that none of those are necessarily good (or bad, in the case of #2). It's all about moderation. Holding grudges over every inconvenience is bad. Being a doormat is also bad.
Yeah, that's true. That's my biggest worry, being a doormat. Being a spiteful asshole wasn't good, but I shouldn't go completely in the opposite direction. Love just makes me prone to it, though.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2013, 07:50:15 am »
God forgave us by sacrificing his own life, so that, we, who betrayed him may have peace and joy for all eternity. He told us that if we love him we would keep his commandments by loving one another as he has loved us.

If you are immortal then getting nailed to a tree isn't sacrifice, it's performance art!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2013, 01:53:46 pm »
God forgave us by sacrificing his own life, so that, we, who betrayed him may have peace and joy for all eternity.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2013, 12:49:49 am »
Quite honestly, why would an all powerful God require or demand love or obedience? Why would the opinions or loves of people offend an all powerful God?

I believe we as humans have to learn to, as children are wont to do, leave the roost. Learn our lessons and apply them as we see fit. The most proud any parent can be is to see their child be independant, and make their own choices.

To cling to God as a Father and constantly try to use Him to justify fundamentalist ideas and even disgusting, greedy ends spoken against in the very book they cite is to be a disloyal, aberrant son.

And there's even the name of the Fundamentalist Sect, "Fundamentalist". They cling to and constantly cite fundamentals and old ideas. They claim that God never changes, yet we see an evolution of ideas in the New Testament. Stone the whore became let he who cast the first stone be judged.

Fundamentalists, I believe, took the wrong lesson from their Bible. They learned that their enemies will be Punished in hell. They even pray for Hell to be delivered to those they detest. They should have seen that it is a book of true atonement. Of abandoning wrath and destruction for forgiveness and hope.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer