Author Topic: Protest against school shootings cancelled due to a shooting at the school  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
http://time.com/5248165/forest-high-school-ocala-shooting-walkout-april-20/

The students at Forest High School in Ocala, Florida had planned to participate in the national walkout against gun violence Friday morning. But a student was shot at the high school before the walkout started, sparking a school evacuation and sending the rest of the district into lockdown.

One 17-year-old student was injured and has been hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. The shooter — a 19-year-old man who is not a student at the school — was taken into custody by a school resource officer within three minutes of the shooting at 8:39 a.m., Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods said at a press conference Friday. The school resource officer did not fire any shots, and the shooter was taken into custody without resistance. Woods said the shooting was intentional, but could not confirm whether the shooter and the victim knew each other.

...I guess that's one way to stop kids from complaining that they don't want to get shot.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
When I first read the thread title, I was fearing the worst. Thank goodness nobody died.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
April 20 is 420, the anniversary of Columbine, and Adolf Hitler's birthday.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Probably one of those Columbine worshipping edgelords again. That seems to be a pattern.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Or someone who was radicalized by the NRA tv which is basically telling people to do this.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
NRA TV: Kill them all...kill them all...kill them all!

Pennywise: Yes Timmy go and kill th---wait, you're ALREADY telling him to do that? And people call me the monster clown.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/20/us/florida-high-school-shooting/index.html

Shooter was ID'd

http://www.ocala.com/news/20180420/forest-high-shooter-my-first-memory-is-violence-and-conflict

"My first memory is violence and conflict,” he said. “That’s my first memory. And no one will believe me. That’s one of the reasons people don’t think I’m serious.”

Was diagnosed with mental health issues at age 14 and was barred from trying to join the US Military due to it.

As soon as he began it after feeling an adrenaline rush and injuring the one student he felt disgusted with himself and turned himself into a nearby teacher.

As much as I think the NRA are horrible hypocrites who constantly get in the way of gun reform for personal gain, blaming them for this preemptively is rather hasty and awful, especially considering these new details.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Well, the NRA is probably the leading voice in keeping guns readily available to Americans, so there's a good chance that if it weren't for the NRA, this person wouldn't have been able to get a gun and would have had to use a knife instead.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
NRA is one of the leading voices in telling US citizens that they need to start a civil war because (((they))) are coming for your guns and if you don't shoot first (((they))) will disarm you and kill you and rape your kids.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Well, the NRA is probably the leading voice in keeping guns readily available to Americans, so there's a good chance that if it weren't for the NRA, this person wouldn't have been able to get a gun and would have had to use a knife instead.
...or just stayed at home yelling homophobic slurs into his headset playing COD like the rest of the people in countries that don't let peeps like him play with guns.