Author Topic: Muslim prayer against NFL rules  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Muslim prayer against NFL rules
« on: September 30, 2014, 02:03:34 am »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/muslim-nfl-player-penalized-for-praying-after-touchdown/

Like the article mentions there are no sanctions for "Tebowing" but MUSLIM will be punished for thanking Allah.

Because that is just  “unsportsmanlike conduct.”

...Way to go NFL.

Yet more proof that USA really is a christian nation first and foremost.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Re: Muslim prayer against NFL rules
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 04:15:41 am »
Just another blow against the NFL. I think that organization is in for a hard spell.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 04:16:53 am »
I'm surprised they even hired a Muslim player in the first place.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 04:33:31 am »
Let me check the average salary for an NFL referee...

Yup, no sympathy. Either these guys are bigoted or corrupt, possibly both. Fuck 'em and put 'em in jail.

Preferably with the rest of the NFL. They're all criminals.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 09:20:17 am »
Time to make a noise about this, too! I'm going to share that article on Facebook.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 09:42:32 am »
Something's definitely rotten within the NFL.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 09:45:03 am »
The Tebowing was stupid, and so was this muslim prayer. but you shouldn't allow one, then disallow the other. allow them all, or none at all.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 10:04:29 am »
Is it just me, or does the NFL appear to be full of a bunch of utter wankers?

In fairness, it is not soley the NFL, the English football league has some right wankers too...

Perhaps it is just something about pro-sports in general?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 10:11:21 am »
There is something troublesome in many sport leagues. If nothing else at least I have noticed a very agressive behaviour against anything that goes outside the "norm" in the sports culture.

People being persecuted for belonging to the wrong ethnic, religious or sexual group... Some time ago a retired Finnish Ice hockey player commented that there are absotulely no homosexual players because "only manly men" can play such a sport.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 10:58:11 am »
There is something troublesome in many sport leagues. If nothing else at least I have noticed a very agressive behaviour against anything that goes outside the "norm" in the sports culture.

People being persecuted for belonging to the wrong ethnic, religious or sexual group... Some time ago a retired Finnish Ice hockey player commented that there are absotulely no homosexual players because "only manly men" can play such a sport.

Meanwhile, in Bear-Land....
"HEY, BIFF!...."

"...HOCKEY BOY SAYS WE'RE NOT MANLY, ENOUGH!"
*Derisive Laughter Ensues*

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 11:04:48 am »

Meanwhile, in Bear-Land....
"HEY, BIFF!...."

"...HOCKEY BOY SAYS WE'RE NOT MANLY, ENOUGH!"
*Derisive Laughter Ensues*

Hell, even "unmanly" gays can be pretty badass.  Many effeminate guys, whatever their sexuality, become good fighters to defend themselves against bullying.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 12:36:05 pm »
NFL spin docs came to the rescue - no fine, penalty stricken from the game record, too. Refs are being dressed down in the head masters office atm.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 01:35:14 pm »
Turns out that my title might actually be 100% correct.

Because someone claimed that NFL has a rule that says that players celebrating (for goals or whatever the touchyfeelydowny equivalent the American Hand Egg has) cannot have both knees touching the ground, which is something you do in a muslim prayer.

So, if that claim is true this player really did violate the rules.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 02:42:14 pm »

Because someone claimed that NFL has a rule that says that players celebrating (for goals or whatever the touchyfeelydowny equivalent the American Hand Egg has) cannot have both knees touching the ground, which is something you do in a muslim prayer.

So... no falling to your knees in ecstasy over your victory?

That seems... really fucking stupid.

I will be surprised if this wasn't made up on the spot.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 03:05:56 pm »

So... no falling to your knees in ecstasy over your victory?

That seems... really fucking stupid.

I will be surprised if this wasn't made up on the spot.

It's not fallingto your knees specifically that's against the rules, it's celebration on the ground in general. Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1(d)(PDF) lists as a Prohibited Act: 
Prolonged or excessive celebrations or demonstrations by an individual player. Players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground. A celebration or demonstration shall be deemed excessive or prolonged if a player continues to celebrate or demonstrate after a warning from an official.

However, general policy is not to punish players who go to ground for religious reasons
Σא