Author Topic: Zombies are a Force for Good (Against WBC)  (Read 3713 times)

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
Zombies are a Force for Good (Against WBC)
« on: July 30, 2012, 12:24:47 am »
A fun, creative way to counter protest.

Zombie Apocalypse Blocks Westboro Baptist Church from Picketing Military Base

Last Friday the Westboro Baptist Church was scheduled to picket outside Joint Base Lewis-McChord, a military base in just south of Seattle.  When the Westboro protesters showed up they faced a counter protest comprised of volunteer undead.

[...]

Upwards of 300 counter-protesters showed up in varying degrees of zombie costume and makeup to show support for the men and women of the United States Military. The Zombie Apocalypse group, like most Zombie movies, pretty much overwhelmed the group of eight Westboro picketers.

The article also includes a disclaimer/warning to other potential counter protesters not to touch WBC members or even talk to them, because they're so law-suit happy.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
Re: Zombies are a Force for Good (Against WBC)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:38:15 am »
This is probably going to become a common way to counter-protest WBC.  And I love it.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:39:28 am »
Braaaaiiiiinnnssss....

*sees WBC members*

No, I said BRAAAAAIIIINNNNSSSSS!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 04:13:25 am »
Oh my goodness, this makes my entire week!

Ow, my ribs... it hurts to laugh...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 04:44:28 am »
Braaaaiiiiinnnssss....

*sees WBC members*

In the name of all that is good and decent, I encourage everyone to give this comment a fuck yeah.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 04:53:20 am »
Are the WBC stupid? I'm personally of the belief that they're evil, pretending to have hate in order to get attention and money.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 08:20:29 am »
Braaaaiiiiinnnssss....

*sees WBC members*

In the name of all that is good and decent, I encourage everyone to give this comment a fuck yeah.

Done
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 09:34:22 am »
Braaaaiiiiinnnssss....

*sees WBC members*

Awww, thanks.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 09:41:31 am »
Gave it a +1 as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S9uI6R1FM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S9uI6R1FM</a>
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:44:35 am by Vypernight »
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 10:29:53 am »
Are the WBC stupid? I'm personally of the belief that they're evil, pretending to have hate in order to get attention and money.

According to those who have escaped the church, they actually believe what they say. They honestly believe every word that comes from their mouths. They really are that horrible.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 11:01:05 am »

According to those who have escaped the church, they actually believe what they say. They honestly believe every word that comes from their mouths. They really are that horrible.

that's a shame.  they have done so much more harm to their own cause (even other homophobes are disgusted by them) that I had always hoped they were this incredibly good POE performance art conspiracy.

Well never underestimate the ability of an asshole ot be an asshole nor over estimate thier intelligence.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor