Author Topic: What the Bible says about masturbation.  (Read 10516 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
What the Bible says about masturbation.
« on: July 23, 2018, 08:56:44 am »
When I temporarily left Roman Catholicism, I started masturbating because I no longer considered masturbation to be a sin. However now that I am Roman Catholic again, I am now obeying Roman Catholic doctrine that condemns masturbation.

Masturbation is a sexual act of ejaculating semen when having fantasies about someone who is not your spouse. It is basically sex without intercourse.

Mathew 5:28 says

“But I say to you, that whosoever shall look on a woman to lust after her, hath already committed adultery with her in his heart.”

Masturbation is adultry in the heart because in most cases, it involves fantasies involving people you know. When I was an apostate, I masturbated to girls from my college, young female teachers I had including ones that were married. In my heart, I had sex with them. And a question to female users here, wouldn’t you feel violated and disrespected if you found out that men masturbated to you?

So you all should stop masturbating. If you are so tempted to do so, you should handcuff your hands. You may consider not masturbating to be torture but it is not. It reduces your sexual urges so that you have better things to do than fantasize, and when you are having an erection, not masturbating lengthens the time that you are having the wonderful erection, and it also increases the amount of sexual dreams you have.

Art Vandelay

Re: What the Bible says about masturbation.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 09:20:29 am »
And lo, we have come full circle.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:29:32 am »
I was kinda hoping that he'd go for Orthodox Christianity next.

After all, it is the conventional branch of Christianity.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 10:57:02 am »
Oh, right. The Bible (Old and New Testaments) includes thoughtcrime.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 11:23:32 am »

Looking at a woman with lust, and masturbation is not a thought crime because they are controllable actions not thoughts.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 11:42:00 am »

Looking at a woman with lust, and masturbation is not a thought crime because they are controllable actions not thoughts.

I'll concede that masturbation is an action (how could it not be, after all), but lust is an emotion, a thought. Banning that creates thoughtcrimes.

(Of course, banning masturbation is idiotic.)
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 11:55:44 am »

I'll concede that masturbation is an action (how could it not be, after all), but lust is an emotion, a thought. Banning that creates thoughtcrimes.

But looking at a woman with lust is an action.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 12:32:51 pm »

Looking is an action (though one that you cannot always avoid--it'd look really weird if you always averted your eyes from any woman, like, say, your coworker or your boss), but lust is a thought.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 02:21:47 pm »

Looking is an action (though one that you cannot always avoid--it'd look really weird if you always averted your eyes from any woman, like, say, your coworker or your boss), but lust is a thought.

What is a controllable action is looking with the intent to lust.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 02:37:07 pm »

And if I look (because it would be impolite not to) and then incidentally lust?

Oh, and criminalizing intent, now. Yep, let's keep on with those thoughtcrimes.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 03:48:23 pm »

And if I look (because it would be impolite not to) and then incidentally lust?

Oh, and criminalizing intent, now. Yep, let's keep on with those thoughtcrimes.

Of course we all lust. That is fine, as long as we do not deliberately try to do so.

And no it is not criminalizing intent, it means it is a sin to deliberately look for the purpose of lusting which is an action not a thought.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 04:06:45 pm »
So how many times did you toot your own horn after seeing your second cousin in a towel then?

Ironbite-come on don't be bashful, ballpark 5-6 you fucking animal.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 05:26:13 pm »
I would have thought Jacob would have been more interested in evidence suggesting the anti gay bits of Leviticus were edited into being by a most probably man who, interestingly enough, smudged out the bits defining incest as something a father shouldn't do to his daughter or an uncle to his niece.

So, just Jacob's type of fella. Virulently homophobic and has the hots for people way too closely related to him.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 05:58:59 pm »
I am not sure whether I am impressed or disappointed that he didn't bring up the story of Onan.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 06:25:30 pm »
I am not sure whether I am impressed or disappointed that he didn't bring up the story of Onan.
Remembering that Onan's sin wasn't so much fapping as dropping that seed on the ground instead of making more lil' soldiers for Yahweh with it.